Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:39:52 AM
714260 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 247
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 609162 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1350 on: September 06, 2021, 10:31:04 PM »

Wife is working a late shift tonight so I had the TV all to myself for a change:

"Rock N Roll High School" (1979)
Aspiring songwriter Riff Randell (P.J. Soles, "Halloween") and her friends fight back against Vince Lombardi High's new rock-hating principal, Miss Togar (Mary Woronov), with a little help from the Ramones, and some high explosives.
I have totally lost count of how many times I've seen this classic over the years -- I can pretty much recite the entire movie along with the cast at this point. I will never get tired of it. Ever.

"The Beyond" (aka "7 Doors of Death," 1981)
A woman inherits a run-down hotel in the Louisiana bayou, but her efforts to renovate and re-open the old place are complicated by a series of mysterious deaths which may be tied to a murder that happened there 50 years ago. Oh, and possibly because the place is built on top of a doorway to Hell. Yeah, I hate when that happens...
This ultra-bizarre Italian splatter fest from Lucio "Zombie" Fulci completely stops making sense around the three quarter mark but till then it's probably his most well made film. The gore effects are totally sick and the whole movie has a weird, doomy feeling to it. Totally metal. :D Supposedly Fulci considered this film to be part of a loose "trilogy" along with his "House By the Cemetery" and "City of the Living Dead." I'll take his word for it. :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1351 on: September 08, 2021, 07:55:42 AM »

"It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" (1963)
After learning about a stash of money hidden in a secret location, a group of motorists all try to beat each other to the treasure, causing mayhem and destruction wherever they go.
This bloated slapstick epic is the textbook definition of an old fashioned "all star spectacular" -- it features pretty much everybody who was funny in showbiz at the time (Milton Berle, Phil Silvers, Buddy Hackett, Jonathan Winters, Sid Caesar, Ethel Merman, Don Knotts, Mickey Rooney, and on and on...). This movie doesn't have much plot, but it's got plenty of cars crashing, things falling over and exploding, people hitting each other, etc., etc. At two hours and 45 minutes, it's WAY too long, but I guess they needed all that run time to cram in all those star cameos.
Many film buffs and critics consider this one of the funniest movies ever made; I'm not exactly sure why. I got a few good laughs out of it here and there, but after a while I was checking my watch and wondering when it was ever going to end. 
Interesting from a historical perspective, but I doubt I'll ever sit through this again.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1352 on: September 09, 2021, 11:07:43 AM »

"Student Bodies" (1981)
A wheezing murderer known as "The Breather" is killing off horny high-school teens with paper clips, trash bags, and an eggplant (!) in this occasionally amusing, low budget slasher film parody that pre-dates the "Scary Movie" franchise by more than a decade. Not every joke lands, but there were enough cheap laughs to keep me entertained.  
Best gag: a random shot of the film's producer telling the audience "F**k you" so the film will get an "R" rating.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1353 on: September 09, 2021, 02:19:28 PM »

^is that the one with the guy with marfins syndrome? I really liked that

the Faith Community (2017) - this is on the found Footage Horror category on tubi. the first half was strong: Christian youth types arrive at a woodsy retreat and find a strange jim Jones like community. They were under the impression it was more conventional and hospitable but they try and make the best of it. As things progress, one of them is drawn to the cult like atmosphere and the others are like caught up in the goings on.

It could have been really good but the second half just didn't deliver. this was a movie that REALLY needed a profound resolution/ ending and the director just didn't have it

3/5
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:24:41 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1354 on: September 11, 2021, 08:36:30 AM »

"Hellraiser" (1987)
Clive Barker's cult classic about an old homestead whose walls hold secrets of blood, infidelity, pain, pleasure, and oh yeah, an interdimensional torture freak named Pinhead and his ghastly friends, the Cenobites. The story is twisted, the acting isn't very good, but the gooey, gory splatter effects (which were the film's main selling point) have held up extremely well. Over the years, the "Hellraiser" series has devolved into a never ending parade of crappy sequels but the O.G. will still make you squirm.

"Hellbound: Hellraiser II" (1988)
The lone survivor of the first movie is trapped in a mental hospital, where the crazed doctor in charge of her case wants to use her as bait to prove the existence of Pinhead and the Cenobites. Once again, there's lots of blood splashin' and flesh flayin'. The best of the countless sequels.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1355 on: September 11, 2021, 12:37:39 PM »

After learning about a stash of money hidden in a secret location, a group of motorists all try to beat each other to the treasure, causing mayhem and destruction wherever they go.
This bloated slapstick epic is the textbook definition of an old fashioned "all star spectacular" -- it features pretty much everybody who was funny in showbiz at the time (Milton Berle, Phil Silvers, Buddy Hackett, Jonathan Winters, Sid Caesar, Ethel Merman, Don Knotts, Mickey Rooney, and on and on...). This movie doesn't have much plot, but it's got plenty of cars crashing, things falling over and exploding, people hitting each other, etc., etc. At two hours and 45 minutes, it's WAY too long, but I guess they needed all that run time to cram in all those star cameos.
Many film buffs and critics consider this one of the funniest movies ever made; I'm not exactly sure why. I got a few good laughs out of it here and there, but after a while I was checking my watch and wondering when it was ever going to end. 
Interesting from a historical perspective, but I doubt I'll ever sit through this again.

That film ranks as one of the unfunniest comedies I have ever seen.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1356 on: September 11, 2021, 05:06:45 PM »

So it's not just me? Thank goodness.  TeddyR

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1357 on: September 11, 2021, 05:07:51 PM »

"Warning: Parental Advisory" (2002)
VH1 produced this slightly tongue-in-cheek dramatization of the mid '80s PMRC (Parents Music Resource Center) saga, with Jason "90210" Priestley as a young Washington lobbyist who gets caught up in the fight between Tipper Gore's forces of would-be censorship and rockers like Frank Zappa (Griffin Dunne) and Dee Snider (playing himself) as they gather in D.C. to battle over artists' First Amendment rights in a U.S. senate hearing. A fun trip down memory lane if you were around when this was going on, educational for those who weren't.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1358 on: September 11, 2021, 06:49:47 PM »

So it's not just me? Thank goodness.  TeddyR

No, it's not just you. Dad told me "that film is just an excuse to break sh*t" and, as a fellow movie fan, he couldn't believe the guy who produced High Noon and directed Judgement At Nuremberg did this as well.  Twirling

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
pennywise37

« Reply #1359 on: September 11, 2021, 10:55:31 PM »

Mad world is one of my all time i'd say it's in my top 5 or top 10 favorite movies of all time. my mom the night she had my brother way back in (1974) watched it afterwords in the hospital it's one of his favorite movies as well and his kids also love it and they are ages 10 and 14.  they both love and quote it quite often as well as me and my brother do.

Student bodies (1981) is one of the worst movies i've ever seen it's not in my top 10 there were some funny moments not many though but it was awful and i went in with high hopes too.

i've been watching some of the MCU films the one that i did watch that i ordered on 4K recently cause best buys had a deal of the day where i got Infinity War (2018)  4K for only $14.99  on sale from $22.99 hell yeah i'm getting it.  i hadn't seen that one and i loved it i really don't know which one would be my favorite in those long list of films to be honest
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 10:59:05 PM by pennywise37 » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1360 on: September 12, 2021, 07:41:43 PM »

"Lightning Bolt" (aka "Operazione Goldman," 1966)
A swinging secret agent (Anthony Eisley of TV's Hawaiian Eye) investigates rocket sabotage at Cape Kennedy and uncovers a madman's plot to place a laser weapon on the moon. Dr. Evil would be proud!
This Italian production was one of the better low-budget James Bond knock offs to come out of the Sixties "Eurospy" fad. Cheap, cheesy, action packed fun.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1361 on: September 13, 2021, 02:14:31 PM »

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)

Yorgos Lanthimos being true to his weird self in this very atypical thriller. People have called this slow, artsy and pretentious, and they are right. On the other hand by throwing each and every rule and convention of the genre clean out of the window, Lanthimos has created something that is extremely bleak and quite unsettling. This make The Lobster look like a comedy.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1362 on: September 13, 2021, 06:20:48 PM »

Yorgos Lanthimos being true to his weird self in this very atypical thriller. People have called this slow, artsy and pretentious, and they are right. On the other hand by throwing each and every rule and convention of the genre clean out of the window, Lanthimos has created something that is extremely bleak and quite unsettling. This make The Lobster look like a comedy.

Wait . . . you mean THE LOBSTER wasn't a comedy???

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1363 on: September 14, 2021, 04:45:32 AM »

Her Name Was Christa.

A lonely man hires a prostitute for a girlfriend experience. The more they spend time together the more they see a way out of their separate existences and they fall in love. Then death separates them, but how far would you go for the one you truly love?

I started watching this expecting some sort of bad romantic comedy with a supernatural twist. What I got was a bit more, uhm... Nekromantic I guess? Overly long run time (2 hours), and very little happens, then suddenly you get to see things like a man giving oral sex to a rotting corpse. You could interpret it in a few ways I guess. Is his dead girlfriend really talking to him or is it all in his head? For myself, I figured it's all in his head and expecting to find that he'd killed her and their whole relationship had been in his head. I did find the rather nasal voice of the female lead to be a bit irritating, but if I wanted to say something nice about this movie I guess the only thing I can think of is that it would be that she does have nice boobs, well when they aren't all decayed. The last, I dunno half hour or so of the movie is a naked, bald, chubby man making love to an increasingly icky corpse with the screen split between what he see's in his mind and what she really looks like.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1364 on: September 14, 2021, 08:49:16 AM »

Wait . . . you mean THE LOBSTER wasn't a comedy???

THE LOBSTER was definitely a black comedy. KILLING OF A SACRED DEER was not. I liked SACRED DEER; loved THE LOBSTER.

LAVA (2021): Argentinian animation about a tattoo artist caught up in an alien invasion (the aliens first appear as giant kitty-cats) who discovers the secrets to beating them may lie in an underground comic called "Lava." A few cute ideas, but it's inconsistently comic, animated like a Nickelodeon TV show, and has one of the most-frustrating non-endings I've ever seen... as if the project ran out of money and decided to add some even cheaper animation to the end to pad it to near-feature length. Avoid (shouldn't be difficult). 1.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 247
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.