Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:56:34 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 247
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 611680 times)
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2835 on: May 23, 2023, 07:45:23 AM »

"John Carpenter's so-80s-it-hurts sci-fi satire has aged better than expected." it certainly has

This has become an almost universal perspective and I can't disagree. I'll only add that I watched it when it was new on VHS or HBO back in the day and was disappointed, then watched it w/in another year or so w/ friends and automatically liked it better the second time. I wonder if the handsome vintage appeal of THEY LIVE has as much to do w/ overcoming one's initial expectations of a good or great John Carpenter film before just accepting this film for what it is: a lot of posturing, wrestling, gum-chewing, and ass-kicking.

Of course, the fact that our world has "aged" or developed to more closely resemble the world of THEY LIVE is a happy accident for Carpenter.  Smile
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2836 on: May 23, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »

It was actually kind of a retro -70's conspiracy flick, but a clever one
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2837 on: May 23, 2023, 10:21:59 PM »

BLOOD VESSEL (2020)  In the waning days of WW2, a military hospital ship is torpedoed by a German U-boat, setting a small group of Allied survivors adrift in a lifeboat.  They cross paths with a German destroyer, chugging along at half power, but crewed only by dead bodies and a mysterious young girl.  But just because no one on the ship is alive doesn't mean they are out of danger . . .
This is an EXCELLENT vampire flick that hits all the right notes!  Free on Amazon Prime and TOTALLY worth the watch!  5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2838 on: May 24, 2023, 11:59:46 AM »

the RETURN OF THE EXORCIST (1975) aka the POSSESSOR aka NAKED EXORCISM

Another Italian EXORCIST rip-off. A young man becomes possessed by a succubus and kills his mother, tries to rape his nun sister, and is saved in the most boring exorcism ever committed to film. What a muddled mess. Lotsa naked folks in softcore orgies, though!  Lookingup
In the words of the antagonist- "I spit on your mumbo jumbo!"
It's on Tubi, if you have time to waste.
As far as EXORCIST clones- Give me ABBY (1974) or BEYOND THE DOOR (1974) any day!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2839 on: May 24, 2023, 04:10:33 PM »

Studio 666.

A vanity project for the Foo Fighters about supernatural problems while attempting to record their 10th album. I'd guess they had fun making it, although Dave Grohl looks old and tired. Maybe the rock n' roll lifestyle is telling on him? Anyway, the film is about what you'd expect. Entertaining enough if you aren't too demanding. I doubt anyone but the most rabid Foo Fighter fan would watch it a second time though. The band do better at acting than you'd expect. Taylor Hawkins died not long after it was released if I remember correctly which I guess adds an extra touch of poignancy to the proceedings. Film snobs should avoid it as well as people who only watch films for boobs.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2840 on: May 25, 2023, 05:59:44 AM »

"Tango & Cash" (1989)
Two rival L.A. cops (straight-arrow Sylvester Stallone and scruffy Kurt Russell) are framed by a major crimelord (Jack Palance) and sent to prison. These two opposites have to learn to work together so they can escape and clear their names, causing lots of stuff to explode along the way. A dumb but fun, tongue-in-cheek buddy cop popcorn flick; Sly and Kurt make a great team. I'm surprised there were never any sequels to this one.

"Dressed To Kill" (1980)
Brian De Palma's Hitchcock-style mystery about the murder of a sexually frustrated New York housewife (Angie Dickinson) and the witness (Nancy Allen) who becomes the slasher's next target. This erotic thriller was pretty much the "Basic Instinct" of the early 1980s. I don't think it's aged very well, but the performances are fine and good Lord, Nancy Allen sure does look good in lingerie.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2841 on: May 25, 2023, 06:01:07 AM »

"Dressed To Kill" (1980)
Brian De Palma's Hitchcock-style mystery about the murder of a sexually frustrated New York housewife (Angie Dickinson) and the witness (Nancy Allen) who becomes the slasher's next target. This erotic thriller was pretty much the "Basic Instinct" of the early 1980s. I don't think it's aged very well, but the performances are fine and good Lord, Nancy Allen sure does look good in lingerie.

Banned in South Africa  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2842 on: May 25, 2023, 06:16:57 AM »

"Dressed To Kill" (1980)

Might be easier if you tell people if a film wasn't banned in SA. There seems to be so many less of them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2843 on: May 25, 2023, 06:22:28 AM »

Might be easier if you tell people if a film wasn't banned in SA. There seems to be so many less of them.
[/quote]

Indeed: my banned film list runs to almost ten pages  Buggedout

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2844 on: May 25, 2023, 07:23:27 AM »

SMILE (2022) - Rewatched this one on Prime last night.   One of my favorite recent horror movies; genuinely creepy with some great acting!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2845 on: May 25, 2023, 08:21:32 AM »

Monster Portal.

A low-budget but not-bad Cthulhian film. They are clearly aware they don't have a lot to work with moneywise, but they do their best to make it work. I've seen a lot less done with a lot more. I think most of the budget went on a few seconds of film. Unlike most films with a Lovecraftian influence, I think they got the ending right.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2846 on: May 25, 2023, 09:41:56 AM »

Royal Jelly. 2022.

An outsider is 'adopted' by a would-be mentor who clearly has other intentions. Not an especially good film (but I've seen a lot worse). I was definitely confused by one part of the ending though. When the things hiss, they revealed large fangs. Are they honey vampires? Was it just to indicate that they weren't quite human, but didn't have the budget to give them bee mouths? Really I have no idea. Looking online, it appears other viewers had the same question as me.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2847 on: May 26, 2023, 02:44:26 AM »

Crabs.

Starts off as a fairly standard horror comedy, but at the end it seems to change into an episode of the Power Rangers. Milage may vary depending on how much you liked them. Enjoyable enough if you just want something undemanding. I think the end song was the best thing about it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 03:27:47 AM by Alex » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2848 on: May 26, 2023, 04:09:58 AM »

Crabs.

I never saw the movie but I had crabs before 🦀😳😉🐢

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2849 on: May 26, 2023, 11:45:39 AM »

the EERIE MIDNIGHT HORROR SHOW (1974) aka the TORMENTED aka ENTER THE DEVIL

Now THIS is an Exorcism movie!
What a f**ked up movie! Really perverse!
A young woman see's her mother being whipped with thorny roses, is raped and possessed by a crucified demon, tries to f**k her father and a priest, and pukes LOTS of melted pistachio ice cream! VERY sacralgious! Losta nudity too! It's Italian, of course!
I love it!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 11:50:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 247
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.