Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:33:30 AM
714330 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 247
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 610992 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #960 on: March 07, 2021, 10:45:17 AM »

"Solo: A Star Wars Story" (2018)
Young Alden Ehrenreich steps into the role made famous by Harrison Ford in this "secret origin" story of the iconic character. The flick goes back to Han's youth as a small time thief and hustler and follows him as he joins a criminal crew for a dangerous interplanetary adventure. Along the way we see him meet Chewbacca and Lando for the first time and take possession of the famed Millennium Falcon.
...this was my second viewing of "Solo" and I thought it was tons of fun. Unfortunately its mediocre box office returns killed Disney/Lucasfilm's plans for an series of stand-alone "Star Wars Story" adventures, which is a bummer, cuz I would've liked to see more of these.

I enjoyed this one as well. I didn't think he especially nailed the character of Han, but it was a fun space heist movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #961 on: March 07, 2021, 10:58:14 AM »

FREAKS (2018): 7-year old Chloe's dad keeps her locked in the house, warning her that if she goes outside people will consider her a freak and try to kill her; meanwhile, she's tempted by the ice cream truck that parks outside her house every day. Entertaining demonstration of how you can create a superhero-type movie with minimal effects on a low budget. Not crazy about taking the title of a much better film, though. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #962 on: March 07, 2021, 12:17:07 PM »

"Demonia" (1990)
A lady archaeologist pokes around the ruins of a remote Sicilian monastery and re-awakens the p*ssed off spirits of some Satanic nuns (?) who were murdered by villagers there in the Middle Ages. Needless to say, this does not end well for anyone.

This late-career entry from Italian gore maven Lucio "Zombie" Fulci takes a while to kick into gear - the first half is a slog, but it more than makes up for that with the gloriously bats**t crazy second half, which is packed with wall to wall weirdness, sleaze (Satanic nun orgy!) and gore (Eye gouging, tongue impalement, crucifixions, and on and on...)

I'm a Lucio fan boy so I'll watch just about any damn thing with his name on it. Your mileage may vary depending on your tolerance for awkwardly paced, woodenly acted, poorly dubbed Italian splatter flicks.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #963 on: March 07, 2021, 01:25:57 PM »

^ I'm a BIG Fulci fan. I need to see that!.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #964 on: March 07, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »

The Sphinx (1933) - decent murder mystery with a likeable cast. A deaf mute is accused of murder repeatedly but always has an alibi. A group of police and reporters aren't buying it, especially when one of them's cute girlfriend becomes infatuated with him. 4/5

There is no actual Egyptian Sphinx it's a nickname for the guy
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #965 on: March 07, 2021, 10:56:46 PM »

THE FRANKENSTEIN THEORY (2012) I vaguely remembered renting this from Hastings back in the day, before that paragon of book, video and music stores went out of business.  So when it popped up on my recommended Prime titles I decided to give it a shot, and I am glad I did!  THE FRANKENSTEIN THEORY has just the right blend of tension, conflict, and terror that make for a successful found footage film.  The "monster" is shown in just the right amount of vague detail - enough to be scary, but not enough to dispel the mystery that surrounds him.  A nice creepy film for late night viewing!  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #966 on: March 08, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »

The Maidens of Fetish Street (1966)

Also known as The Girls on F Street. Basically Russ Meyer Sin City style. Set improbably in a 1928 that is indistinguishable from 1966, a sexually frustrated guy seeks satisfaction. This is essentially a series of set pieces with hookers, strippers and even a bit of SM, while a pompous narrator goes on about how depraved this all is. The latter part is either a clever way of getting the movie past the censors, or the most egregious bit of hypocrisy in the history of film. It is beautifully shot, however, in atmospheric black and white. Also lots of boobs.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #967 on: March 09, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »

"Demonia" (1990)
A lady archaeologist pokes around the ruins of a remote Sicilian monastery and re-awakens the p*ssed off spirits of some Satanic nuns (?) who were murdered by villagers there in the Middle Ages. Needless to say, this does not end well for anyone.

This late-career entry from Italian gore maven Lucio "Zombie" Fulci takes a while to kick into gear - the first half is a slog, but it more than makes up for that with the gloriously bats**t crazy second half, which is packed with wall to wall weirdness, sleaze (Satanic nun orgy!) and gore (Eye gouging, tongue impalement, crucifixions, and on and on...)

I'm a Lucio fan boy so I'll watch just about any damn thing with his name on it. Your mileage may vary depending on your tolerance for awkwardly paced, woodenly acted, poorly dubbed Italian splatter flicks.

I started to watch this- but turned it off.
Not because I wasn't enjoying it! I'm saving it for like midnight.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #968 on: March 09, 2021, 01:53:08 PM »

"Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren & Stimpy Story" (2020)
An enlightening (yet also depressing) documentary about the hit '90s Nicktoon and its obsessive weirdo creator, John Kricfalusi (aka "John K"), whose out-of-control, tyrannical work habits made for a hellish environment behind the scenes and eventually got him fired from Nickelodeon.
"R & S" still has a cult following today, but unfortunately the show's reputation has been even further tarnished by revelations about John K's abusive relationship with an underage intern in the early 2000s. I guess that's why we don't see "Ren & Stimpy" reruns on TV anymore. (sigh)

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this documentary. I love Ren & Stimpty but I have to admit, after the second season it went downhill reaaaally bad. As in, it's nearly unwatchable after that, to me at least.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
pennywise37

« Reply #969 on: March 09, 2021, 11:27:57 PM »

i disagree but than though i do have all of them on dvd of the original show and some of them i think are cut... i still enjoy it after season 1 but to each their own i i suppose.

anyways, the last thing i watched was Captain American Civil Wars (2016) 10/10  great film though it's not in my favorites of the films i do think it's a damn good film. i've been watching them in order i do have them all on 4K well all of them but 4 of them. and they are The Incredible Hulk (2008) Age of Ultron (2015)
Homecoming (2017) and Infinity War (2018)  the rest i have on 4K
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #970 on: March 10, 2021, 01:06:19 AM »

TO YOUR LAST DEATH (2020) - The four adult children of an arms tycoon are summoned to his high-rise office complex and pitted in a deadly game to the death - first against his minions, and then against each other.  But there is something more at work here - a deadly game in which they are only pawns.  this animated horror film is brilliantly written and features one plot twist after another.  TOTALLY worth the viewing!!  5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #971 on: March 10, 2021, 03:31:51 AM »

Saw My Neighbors Doing The Wild Thing  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #972 on: March 11, 2021, 01:01:50 AM »

PANMAN (2014)  A guy with a pan on his head kills culinary students.  He's possessed by the spirit of a dead chef. Lame freebie on Amazon Prime. 2/5

pennywise37

« Reply #973 on: March 11, 2021, 08:18:37 PM »

so did you grab some popcorn and a can or bottle of beer?
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #974 on: March 11, 2021, 11:24:49 PM »

LAWLESS (2012) - A ruthless Federal agent comes to rural Virginia to help the local sheriff shut down the county's most notorious gang of bootleggers - but the new "Special Deputy's" tactics are so brutal they backfire, and a full-on moonshine war is the result!  Well made and well cast, this Prohibition-era gangster flick was an enjoyable watch, with Jessica Chastain serving as an admirable love interest/eye candy.   Well done film!! 4/5

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 247
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.