Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:07:32 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600733 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2020, 04:52:11 AM »

ABNORMAL ATTRACTIONS (2019) This was a funny and kind of cute film about fairy tale monsters and the humans who love them.  I ran across it on Amazon Prime and found it pretty amusing; the costumes are cheap but the performances are effective and the story keeps moving.
i tried this one, but the T&A became overwhelming in 15 minutes. being a straight female, NOT into that. BUT. because i trust you indy, i'll try again and see if i can see the storyline you say is there. *meanwhile, men here, GO FOR IT, BIG BOOBS GALORE, LOL!*

I did look for this one on Amazon, but I'd need to pay extra to watch it, something I refuse to do since I am already paying for Amazon Prime.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #271 on: June 04, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »

Not the same film I watched - mine had no nudity.  Some innuendo, but no actual nekkid people.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #272 on: June 04, 2020, 09:15:42 AM »

ABNORMAL ATTRACTIONS (2019) This was a funny and kind of cute film about fairy tale monsters and the humans who love them.  I ran across it on Amazon Prime and found it pretty amusing; the costumes are cheap but the performances are effective and the story keeps moving.
i tried this one, but the T&A became overwhelming in 15 minutes. being a straight female, NOT into that. BUT. because i trust you indy, i'll try again and see if i can see the storyline you say is there. *meanwhile, men here, GO FOR IT, BIG BOOBS GALORE, LOL!*

I did look for this one on Amazon, but I'd need to pay extra to watch it, something I refuse to do since I am already paying for Amazon Prime.

The one I saw was free with Amazon Prime.  Strange.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #273 on: June 04, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »

The one I saw was free with Amazon Prime.  Strange.

You have an account with Amazon US, while mine will be with Amazon UK. Different licenses and so on.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #274 on: June 04, 2020, 12:17:52 PM »

Paranormal Investigation - while blandly watchable this was as boring and useless as its title would indicate. A kid gets inhabited by a spirit while playing with a Ouji board. A paranormal investigation follows! There's an exorcist and its done exactly like the movie exorcist. No character development and while it has a spooky atmosphere they don't do anything with it. file under "tax shelter"

1.5/5

« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 04:57:35 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #275 on: June 04, 2020, 11:51:01 PM »

"The Beastmaster" (1982)
Don "Phantasm" Coscarelli's charmingly cheesy sword and sorcery epic stars Marc "V" Singer as a swordsman who can talk to animals, on a quest to destroy the evil wizard who killed his family. Tanya Roberts' boobs and some cool creature effects helped make this '80s cable staple into a cult classic that spawned two sequels and a TV series.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2020, 08:16:57 AM »

PRIMAL FEAR (1996)

An altar boy is accused of murdering a priest, and the truth is buried several layers deep.

The first movie starring Edward Norton is proof of how awesome he is. The plot itself is built around cliches that you will guess as soon the film begins - maybe the twist at the ending is cool, but literally the whole thing is carried by Norton. There's absolutely no other reason to watch this except for his amazing performance.

Richard Gere SUCKS, I can't stand that guy. 7/10  Smile

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2020, 02:00:48 PM »

This is Not A Test (1963) - watched on youtube. this is one of those older movies that is actually pretty good, but would also make an excellent MST3K episode.

A cop starts pulling people over on street in the mountains outside of town. He wont't tell anyone why, but they figure it out: its a nuclear war. The cop, who is a jerk and an idiot, orders everyone around and for some reason they do what he says. The people are colorful enough and there is drama between them as the bomb makes its way to town.

The jealousies and breakdowns and whatnot aren't done super creatively or carefully but its a good time. Nowadays this would be done with a plot twist where the bus driver was a Stasi agent or something. pretty short I'd say check it out

4/5
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2020, 01:30:49 AM »

Colossal (2016)

This one is a bit weird. Anne Hathaway is Gloria, who has failed to make it in New York and returns broke to her home town. There she meets her friend from school Oscar (Jason Sudeikis) and starts work at his bar. So will she stay in her hometown or return to her ex in New York and take up her life again? The twist is that for reasons that aren't quite explained, if Gloria and Oscar are at a particular spot in a particular time, they also materialise as respectively a Kaiju and a giant robot in Seoul.

If you expect a kind of kaiju movie, you'll be disappointed. It is basically a straight up drama about relationships and life choices. So does the kaiju gimmick add something? For me, well yes, sort of. It does provide a handy metaphor for the power dynamics in the couple. What weakens the movie for me, is that the main story is played absolutely straight and realistic, as a slice of life in small town US. Given the use of fantastic elements, I think the film would have been better if the director had cranked up the weird and made it pervasive, like, say Yorgos Lanthimos in The Lobster or David Robert Mitchell in Under The Silver Lake.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2020, 10:00:54 AM »

LUCID DREAMS (2018): Hong Kong director Teddy Robin Kwan either films four short dreams, or dreams of making four films: a gangster arranges a fake wedding, an employee deals with a sadistic boss, a children's writer returns to her family home, and a bus driver cruises a haunted route. Two of the shorts are comedies and two are like "Twilight Zone" episodes; the dream theater wraparound conceit is halfhearted, never explaining why these four competently made stories belong together. 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2020, 08:52:54 PM »

"Our Man Flint" (1966)
The first of two tongue-in-cheek spy spoofs starring James Coburn as super-swingin' agent Derek Flint, who's drafted by the U.S. Government to stop a cabal of mad scientists who've figured out how to weaponize the weather. One of the better James Bond knock offs of the shag-a-delic Sixties.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
pennywise37

« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2020, 03:42:06 AM »

Primal Fear (1996) is one of my favorite movies of all time i just love that movie. if you don't like Gere why watch it? Norton is brilliant in it i 100% agree.
it's hard to believe he as so young when he did it ain't it?

anyways i just watched a favorite of mine Puppet Master (1989) 10/10  my only complaint is my blu-ray is the 88 minute version of it going by what my player says. and not the 90 minute version. well i at least have that on dvd that i Transfered from VHS years ago and that's the 90 minute version.
claws
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2020, 05:44:37 AM »

The Lighthouse (2019)

Two lighthouse keepers drift into insanity thanks to longer than planned "isolation" on an Island. Psychological horror that's more psychological than horror. The Lighthouse was inspired by Poe's The Light-House, with director Robert Eggers stripping away typical Poe elements.
Eggers The VVitch (2015) had a somewhat broader appeal, The Lighthouse feels like it was made for selected few. There's some great acting from Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson, speaking late 19th century English which is interesting but a bit difficult to understand at times. For some reason I thought the movie had a, well, bigger message or meaning and I caught myself thinking "what was the point?" when the end credits rolled, because I had super-high expectations?
Still, I wasn't let down and enjoyed it quite a bit. 5/5

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2020, 08:45:57 AM »

QUEEN OF PARADIS (2020): Documentary following surrealist artist Reine Paradis as she travels across the U.S. creating her latest photographic series (which almost always involves trespassing). An excellent peek at her work process if you happen to be a fan of the photographs, but you can't escape the feeling that this movie (directed by Paradis' husband and collaborator) is less a documentary and more a heavy-handed advertisement for the artist. It should be viewed in a museum setting, not on Amazon Prime. 2.5/85.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2020, 01:01:56 PM »

Convict's Code (1939) - another one on youtube. I just looked up the director, he did a lot of Westerns and also some obscure Chaney and Karloff stuff.

A wrongly convicted man gets out of jail and is set on clearing his name. That entails getting drunk with gangsters, keeping a gun under his bed at a boarding house, and other fun stuff. It had more substance and surprises than "This is Not a Test" which I watched the previous night. Being much earlier (1939 as opposed to 1963) it had more of that rough and tumble early Hollywood flavor. very cool. likeable well cast lead, story doesn't drag about an hour long

4.5 /5

« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 04:58:43 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.