Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:38 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600790 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #315 on: June 24, 2020, 06:58:15 AM »

"Gremlins" (1984)
A small town's quiet Christmas Eve is rudely interrupted by a horde of mysterious creatures who start out cute n' fuzzy, but don't stay that way for long. The "Gremlin" puppets and effects in Joe Dante's classic slapstick horror comedy are still quite impressive even after all these years. Tons o' fun.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #316 on: June 24, 2020, 08:52:35 AM »

KNIVES AND SKIN (2019): Jennifer Reeder's feature debut is a "Twin Peaks"-inspired study of a high school girl's disappearance, decorated with a capella versions of 80s pop hits and lots of soapy subplots. Better in its parts than in its whole--the slow, sad atmosphere is effective in small doses, but it could have used a bit more comic relief and changes of pace, and a bit less on-the-nose feminist commentary.  2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #317 on: June 24, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »

SEA BEAST (2008)  A sleepy little fishing town is terrorized by venom-spitting, amphibious monsters who can turn themselves transparent at will and have an insatiable appetite for human flesh.  Relatively tame "creature feature" with a made-for-television vibe, but still has some decent acting and the creatures are cool-looking, if only the CGI was done better.  3/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »

"The Car: Road To Revenge" (2019)
A bizarre pseudo-sequel to the 1977 cult hit, set in a cyberpunk near future. When a crusading D.A. is murdered by a gang of high-tech psychos, his consciousness takes over his luxury automobile, turning it into a murderous machine on a mission of vengeance.
Aside from re-using the killer-car plot, "Road to Revenge" doesn't seem to be have any connection to the '77 film aside from a brief cameo by Ronny Cox, who played a minor character in the original and plays a totally different minor character in this one.
Loaded with over the top action sequences, carnage and gore, this is certainly not a "good" movie by any means but it's enjoyably silly, ultra-violent junk.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2020, 08:31:09 AM »

REPO MEN (2010)

Set in the near future when artificial organs can be bought on credit, it revolves around a man who struggles to make the payments on a heart he has purchased. He must therefore go on the run before said ticker is repossessed.

While the concept sounds rather generic, the setting and overall mood of the movie is very well done. At certain points, the city has this BLADE RUNNER kinda vibe, which is great. The parallels between the plot and pharmaceutics and banks aren't very sutil, but still allows for much analysis. Perhaps if they toned down the violence and gore it could've been a more cerebral movie, but the fun factor is certainly off the roof the way it is.

Jude Law is awesome as always, and you totally believe his change of mind. I don't particularly like Forest Withaker but he does a great job portraying this unstable and mindless drone of The Union. Alice Braga sucks, she's like the token latina chick that is just there so the main character can fall in love. In fact, this whole sudden relationship thing was a complete failure, not to mention the "sexual surgery" scene, which almost killed the movie for me of how ridiculous and bad it was. Luckily, the excellent ending salvaged the whole thing, otherwise I would've ended up really p**sed.

Tons of action and cool fighting scenes, a nice plot, great lead character, and a sweet ending made this a very fine watch! 8/10  Thumbup

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2020, 10:30:42 AM »

"Blazing Saddles" (1974)
Mel Brooks put a fork in the Western genre with his hilairous, jaw-droppingly tasteless send up of cowboy epics. Cleavon Little stars as the first black sheriff of the racist little town of Rock Ridge, who teams up with a has-been gunfighter (Gene Wilder) to fight off some land-grabbin' railroad barons. Every time I watch this, I always think how Mel would never be able to make this movie today, which somehow makes the whole thing even funnier.

claws
« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2020, 11:20:59 AM »

There was recently a rallying cry on Twitter saying to ban Blazing Saddles, after Gone with the Wind  Buggedout
HBO has Gone with the Wind back in program, but it comes with a 4 1/2 minute disclaimer at the beginning.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »

Have these people actually watching that movie? Think its the ones complaining that need a warning sign.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »

Our House, friend Request - netflix instant horror stuff with decent atmosphere but highly unoriginal content. so derivative its hard to even assign a number.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #324 on: June 27, 2020, 01:13:44 PM »

SLEUTH (2007)

On his sprawling country estate, an aging writer matches wits with the struggling actor who has stolen his wife's heart.

This movie felt like if I was deliberately scammed, at the end it was like some kind of s**tty play at your local theater. It started as an interesting, albeit strange, murder mystery, but then it quickly went downhill into some kind of weird homosexual... stuff. I honestly have no idea WTF I watched, it was awful. It is commendable that the entire movie is only carried by two great actors, but sadly they're wasted in two characters that never, not a single minute, behave like actual human beings.

I don't want to talk about this thing any longer. As the great reviewer Andrew said, "I cried for about an hour after watching this film, not proud about it either". 3/10  Thumbdown

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2020, 11:16:42 PM »

MAGIC (1978)   A very young Anthony Hopkins stars alongside Anne Margaret and Burgess Meredith in this psychological thriller about an unbalanced ventriloquist whose dummy tells him what to do one time too many.  Dated, yes, but still a lot of fun, and Hopkins is absolutely over the top as the ventriloquist Corky and his dummy, Fats.  Watching them descend into madness and murder is eerie after the rather comic beginning of this film, and Anne Margaret is at her most lovely.  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #326 on: June 28, 2020, 03:43:25 AM »

"Blazing Saddles" (1974)
Mel Brooks put a fork in the Western genre with his hilairous, jaw-droppingly tasteless send up of cowboy epics. Cleavon Little stars as the first black sheriff of the racist little town of Rock Ridge, who teams up with a has-been gunfighter (Gene Wilder) to fight off some land-grabbin' railroad barons. Every time I watch this, I always think how Mel would never be able to make this movie today, which somehow makes the whole thing even funnier.

Richard Pryor was supposed to be the original black sheriff in the movie, hence all of the n****r jokes that were written by him for the part. But Pryor couldn't do the film because of prior commitments and so they went with the other guy who was actually the better actor between the two. Thankfully, they kept Richard Pryor's jokes in the script.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2020, 09:28:28 AM »

"The Control Group" (2017)
Five annoying college students wake up trapped inside a creepy abandoned hospital, with no idea how they got there. As they search for a way to escape, they slowly realize they're part of a bizarre scientific experiment, and they also discover that the old building has some supernatural secrets of its own.
...this ultra-cheap horror/thriller had a promising premise, but it quickly fell apart thanks to a hopelessly muddled story, atrocious acting by everyone involved (even the usually-dependable Brad Dourif, who's playing yet another mad scientist type), and amateurish, laughable FX. 
In other words...AVOID.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2020, 10:45:17 AM »

THE AERIAL [LA ANTENA] (2007): Silent Argentinian experimental film about a city ruled by "Mr. TV" where only one woman ("the Voice") can speak. Extreme wackiness (rat Nazi chauffeurs, eyeless boys, constant tributes to classic b&w films) counters the heavy-handed symbolism effectively, making this a fun weird film, like a lighter-hearted expedition from Guy Maddin. Showed up on Netflix for some reason. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #329 on: June 29, 2020, 07:37:36 AM »

"Get Thrashed" (2006)
Members of Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, Dark Angel, Overkill, and many more get nostalgic about the early days of the 80s thrash metal movement, with lots of vintage clips and photos. Longtime fans of the genre aren't likely to learn anything new but this doc is a nice trip down metal memory lane.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.