Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:42 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600637 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #570 on: October 01, 2020, 12:46:41 PM »

#Alive (2020)

Sometimes you inadvertently make a movie that comes at just the right moment. This zombie-comedy romp is entertaining and very watchable, but doesn't add that much to the genre. However the theme of the internet savvy nerd with no particular life skills being holed up in his flat while an epidemic rages outside, certainly struck a chord in these times of lockdown, making it far more popular than it would have been otherwise. Full marks for the performance of Yoo Ah-In and, as the movie is basically just him and a bunch of zombies. His character is no cool Charlton Heston in the Omega Man, but a guy who makes up in determination what he lacks in general competence. Similarly Park Shin-Hye does a great job as the level headed half of the duo.

I just watched it. I liked it a lot! Mostly for the performances of the two leads.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #571 on: October 02, 2020, 04:45:48 AM »

"The Hunt" (2020)
Wealthy "elites" kidnap a group of "ordinary" citizens, turn them loose on the grounds of a palatial estate, and hunt them for sport. Unfortunately, one of their targets turns out to be tougher and smarter than they expected.
This ultra-violent, heavy handed social satire is part "Purge" and part "Most Dangerous Game," but it's trying too hard to be edgy and controversial. It started off promising but just got sillier as it went along. Skip it.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #572 on: October 03, 2020, 09:21:06 AM »

"Black Metal Satanica" (2008)
Billed as "The Most Haunting and Evil Documentary Ever Made" (woooo, spooky!), this cheap looking doc on the Scandinavian Black Metal scene is pretty standard stuff -- you get a quick overview of the Mayhem/Burzum saga and the early 90s series of murders and church burnings, then lots of interviews with current purveyors of "the scene" like Watain, Mordichrist (?),  Shining, and Rimmfrost, all of whom ramble on endlessly about how much they hate Christianity, modern society, humanity in general, yadda yadda yadda. We get it, guys, you're all way evil 'n' brutal 'n' stuff.
I'm not a black metal fan at all but for some reason I still find docs like these interesting, in a "Why-the-f*ck-are-these-people-walking-around-loose" kind of way.
A better title for this movie would've been "Black Metallers is the Craziest Peoples."

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #573 on: October 03, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »

"Ready Or Not" (2019)
On the night of her marriage into a very old fashioned, very wealthy family, a young bride (Samara Weaving) learns that her new in laws have an unusual wedding tradition - attempting to hunt and kill the newcomer, who must survive until sunrise.
A fast moving, dark-as-hell horror comedy that's kinda like an old style Agatha Christie murder mystery, but with a way bigger mean streak. Lots of sadistic fun.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #574 on: October 04, 2020, 03:45:34 AM »

"Ready Or Not" (2019)
On the night of her marriage into a very old fashioned, very wealthy family, a young bride (Samara Weaving) learns that her new in laws have an unusual wedding tradition - attempting to hunt and kill the newcomer, who must survive until sunrise.
A fast moving, dark-as-hell horror comedy that's kinda like an old style Agatha Christie murder mystery, but with a way bigger mean streak. Lots of sadistic fun.

This one is a hoot!

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #575 on: October 04, 2020, 03:56:18 AM »

Blues Brothers (1980)

When it came out, it was all the rage at school, but it never really appealed to me. So 40 years later, I finally gave it a go. I found it a bit disappointing. It drags along from one set piece to another, it is not particularly funny and the acting tends to be wooden. It does get a lot better in the last 40 minutes or so, when things really kick off.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #576 on: October 04, 2020, 10:01:32 AM »

"Inmate Zero" (aka "Patients of a Saint," 2020)

Death row inmates at a remote island prison off the coast of Ireland are used as medical test subjects, which of course is never a good idea. When a viral outbreak fills the place with homicidal rage-filled zombies, a small band of survivors has to fight their way out.

Think "28 Days Later" (fast zombies) crossed with "Alien 3" (prison setting, shaven-headed female badass lead character).

This British horror flick starts off strong -- there's lots of splashy gore and it makes the most of its creepy-cool setting (the movie was filmed in an actual prison)  -- but it starts running out of gas about an hour in, and by the end it's just spinning its wheels.

Not terrible, but not a must-see.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #577 on: October 04, 2020, 11:07:19 AM »

I just finished watching MY FRIEND DAHMER (2017)
I tried to watch it a while back- but it was just too much. It's a very well made film.
They took something that you would see on Lifetime or ID and made a very disturbing look into the psyche of a young man going insane. If a movie is too disturbing for me, you know something is going on.
I don't know if you ever seen GUMMO (1997), but it's at that line of good or really f**ked up.

Here it is to the tune of PSYCHO KILLER

Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 11:22:26 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #578 on: October 04, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »

Creepshow 2 - 80's classic remains so
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #579 on: October 06, 2020, 10:00:28 AM »

THE DEAD ONES (2019): Four seniors are locked inside their high school at night; characters dressed as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse stalk them. It introduces an alternate timeline and things start to make little sense trodding a shaky line between sloppy surrealism and incoherence, but I like that it's not afraid to go full weird. Very divisive: it has a 3.1 IMDB rating (way too low), but was also named the best horror movie of 2019 by Film School Rejects. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #580 on: October 06, 2020, 12:58:15 PM »

"Blue Thunder" (1983)
An L.A.P.D. helicopter pilot (Roy Scheider) is assigned to test fly a new, high tech, heavily armored chopper code-named "Blue Thunder." At first he's amazed by all of the new machine's bells and whistles, but when he discovers a plot to use it against civilians, he goes rogue and hijacks it, leading to a series of aerial battles against shady government goons (led by the delightfully evil Malcolm McDowell) in the skies over the city.
John "Wargames" Badham directed this tight action-thriller that was a favorite of mine as a teenager, when it seemed to be in a constant loop on HBO. It had been years since I'd seen "Blue Thunder" but it's held up pretty well.

pacman000
« Reply #581 on: October 06, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »

Alpha

A boy falls off a cliff on his first hunt, & survives the winter with a wolf/dog he caught & tamed. Sometimes slow, but still interesting.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #582 on: October 06, 2020, 02:55:21 PM »

The Mansion.

I was going to watch a French movie tonight, but when I hit 'Advance' on my remote to skip through the adverts, it waved a white flag. So I went with a Belgian movie instead. Nothing overly original here, a bunch of friends head off to a mansion they've rented for a new years party together. Someone starts killing them off one by one. It is one of those movies where you start wanting certain characters to get killed off because they are just annoying.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:16:08 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #583 on: October 07, 2020, 08:58:09 AM »

OLIVIA (1983): Young Olivia saw her prostitute mom's murder and grows up with both man and mommy issues, until she meets an engineer Prince Charming who's planning on moving the London Bridge to Arizona. OLIVIA wants to be grindhouse Hitchcock, drowning ideas from PSYCHO and VERTIGO in a river of sleaze. 2.5/5

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #584 on: October 07, 2020, 11:11:08 AM »

TRUTH OR DARE (2017)
A flock of 20- somethings spend the night in a haunted house which forces them to play a deadly game of 'truth or dare.'
It's kinda fun sometimes in the middle, but reverts to torture for thrills.
I don't like torture movies.
Except MARK OF THE DEVIL (1970) which has Herbert Lom and Reggie Nadler.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.