Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:55:08 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600728 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1020 on: April 03, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »

COHERENCE was good for zero budget.

MST3K: FIRE MAIDENS FROM OUTER SPACE: In the movie, a group of chain-smoking astronauts fly to the 13th moon of Jupiter where they encounter a race of alien girls in togas. Meanwhile, Crow's evil twin, Timmy, shows up and wreaks havoc. This is one of the slowest, and most padded (and I'm not just talking about the girl aliens, who were really cute) movies the crew ever watched; riffing is great, Timmy is fun.  This is one of the few MST3Ks I had only seen part of years ago when it was first broadcast; good to get it officially under my belt. Somewhere in the 3.5-4/5 range.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1021 on: April 03, 2021, 01:09:11 PM »

it was ballsy to call it Coherence when in fact its kind of confusing

watching Hell Night right now and it really stinks
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1022 on: April 04, 2021, 03:54:58 AM »

The Yin Yang Master (2021)

Not to be confused with the Yinyang master, dream of eternity (2020).

Netflix thought I'd like to see this, and they were right. This is a family friendly fantasy extravaganza, which only aims to dazzle and entertain. You have monsters, magic duels, star crossed lovers... the lot. It all moves at a brisk pace, with just enough plot to keep things interesting. Silly but fun.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1023 on: April 04, 2021, 04:23:21 PM »

"Freaky" (2020)
In a horrific twist on the old "Freaky Friday" formula, a nerdy high school girl (Katherine Newton) swaps bodies with a serial killer (Vince Vaughn) thanks to an ancient dagger with magical properties. Now she's only got 24 hours to switch them back before she's stuck in the killer's body forever.
A fast-moving, funny horror comedy from Blumhouse that works mainly due to the performances of its two leads -- Vaughn is a hoot when he's "playing" the teenage heroine --  and there's even some decent slasher-movie carnage moments. A fun time waster for a quiet Sunday afternoon.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1024 on: April 05, 2021, 11:11:02 PM »

INHERITANCE - The wealthy patriarch of a New York family passes away, leaving his oldest child - an up and coming NY District Attorney - with an ugly secret: In a secluded forest cellar, her father kept a man chained up for the better part of 30 years.  Why?  And what should she do with this man now that she knows about him?

Intriguing story with a nice twist at the end.  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1025 on: April 06, 2021, 07:47:41 AM »

HONEYDEW (2020): A lost couple spend the night at a peculiar old woman's farmhouse. The story is a roller coaster, but not in a good way: it's a strong pre-credits sequence followed by a pedestrian first act leading to a superbly creepy second act ending in a disappointing resolution. The sound design and score are outstanding throughout, though. 2.5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1026 on: April 09, 2021, 01:20:48 PM »

Mind Over murder (1979) - One my earliest memories was of the ESP trend. This was I guess capitalizing on that whole thing. Decent looking Deborah Raffin starts receiving messages about a terrorist attack on a plane and her yuppie husband (the guy from the BBC version of The Lathe of heaven, which is much better than this) thinks she's crazy. Besides hearing entire conversations she keeps seeing a bald man played by Andrew Prine.

The moments where she has visions are like a PCP nightmare and they happen all the time. Prine really gets into the role. It's a lot better than his Simon The Wizard movie.

4.25 / 5  made for TV and I have a feeling some of you saw it

Small | Large
]http://youtu.be/WrufeZgyHgQ

edit: Robert Englund, of all people, is in tha movie
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 04:30:48 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1027 on: April 09, 2021, 06:55:34 PM »

COUNTRY OF HOTELS (2019): Three surreal stories involving a cheating couple, a paranoid software engineer, and a drunk musician in Room 508 of a hotel run by a strange Eastern European family. It's kind of like if David Lynch and Peter Strickland got together to produce an anthology series about a haunted hotel room, but their hearts weren't in it; although there are shivery bits, none of the three stories feels complete on its own, and nor do they add up to a larger mythology of much interest. 2/5.

pennywise37

« Reply #1028 on: April 09, 2021, 08:22:49 PM »

i watched Shrek the third (2007)  late last nite  i hadn't seen the film in years, i have all 3 of them on bluray and i think i saw the 3rd one a couple of times but though it's a solid film it's not my favorite one.  i'd say 8/10
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1029 on: April 09, 2021, 09:39:19 PM »

"Clerks II" (2006)
After a fire claims the Quick Stop, Dante and Randall find equally soul crushing minimum wage jobs at a fast food joint. Dante's about to get married and move to Florida, so Randall plans a send off for his buddy which (naturally) spirals wildly out of control. (Two words: "Donkey Show.")
Kevin Smith's gleefully vulgar sequel to his 1994 indie classic features the same rapid fire, profane gags and dialogue yet it still manages to have a sweet side. It's not as gut bustingly hilarious as the original (of course) but it's still a ton of raunchy fun.

pennywise37

« Reply #1030 on: April 09, 2021, 10:12:23 PM »

i agree Clerks 3 (2006) while not as nearly as good as the Original is still  a fun movie i'd watch that any day of the week than Smith's awful Cop Out (2010) or Tusk (2014) i think that's the year?  those are Painfully bad

the only Other thing i've been watching is Numbers (2005-2010) i'm on Season one (2005) as that's the only one i currently own great show though i watched it's entire run
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1031 on: April 10, 2021, 02:57:30 AM »

Killers from Space (1954)

Best known for its aliens with ping pong ball eyes.

This is actually a lot better than I expected. There is very little padding and no tacked on cringy love story. The characters are on the whole sensible and competent and don't make silly decisions to keep the plot going. The main weakness is the design of the aliens themselves, and that they take the time to explain their plans at length so they can be defeated. (I'm guessing this must be one of the plans between numbers 1 and 8). Also, apart from a pilot right at the start, they don't actually kill anyone.
This is your standard nuclear power/mind control/alien invasion 50s movie. Pretty watchable, except for the silly aliens. There are also a lot of phone calls in this movie.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1032 on: April 10, 2021, 05:38:16 AM »

^ Fun movie!
Plus it's got Peter Graves!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1033 on: April 10, 2021, 08:58:15 AM »

"Sudden Death" (1995)
It's game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in Pittsburgh, with the Vice-President of the U.S. in attendance. When terrorists take over the arena to hold the VP for ransom, his only hope is a firefighter (Jean Claude van Damme) who's at the game with his kids.
Soooo yeah, this is obviously yet another "Die Hard" knock off, but it's one of the better ones, thanks to the unique setting and the impressive stunt work and pyrotechnics. Silly, but entertaining.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1034 on: April 10, 2021, 09:00:16 AM »

i agree Clerks 3 (2006) while not as nearly as good as the Original is still  a fun movie i'd watch that any day of the week than Smith's awful Cop Out (2010) or Tusk (2014) i think that's the year?  those are Painfully bad 

The original "Clerks" was lightning in a bottle. Kevin Smith will never be able to re-capture that vibe, no matter how hard he tries.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.