Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:41:20 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600803 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1755 on: February 13, 2022, 09:41:34 AM »

THE FLESH (1991): A nightclub singer meets a bombshell obsessed with tantric sex, and they retire to his beach-side cabin for months of erotic activities. Something like what would happen if Bunuel had directed an "Emmanuelle" film, this exploration of carnality (in every sense of the word) can be tedious much of the way, but by the end the seemingly random symbolism comes together more thoughtfully than expected. 2.5/5. Lead actress Francesca Dellera is quite a sight.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 09:44:24 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1756 on: February 13, 2022, 11:07:19 PM »

I think I made out with her at a party in the South End circa 95
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1757 on: February 14, 2022, 02:05:37 AM »

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Nothing really makes sense in this movie, but that doesn't matter, it is loads of fun. Vincent Price is superb as a sinister version of Walt Disney. Also, don't keep vats of acid in the cellar, they're an accident waiting to happen.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1758 on: February 14, 2022, 09:58:15 AM »

"Money For Nothing: A History of the Music Video" (2013)
Nothin' fancy about this made-for-TV documentary, it's essentially one long clip show, which goes all the way back to the early ancestors of music videos like the movie musicals of the '30s and '40s and the Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night," to the rise of MTV when they became a legit art form in their own right. A relaxing trip down memory lane. I spent most of the slim run time pointing at the screen and saying, "Oh yeah, that was a good one, that was a cool one too, that one sucked," etc., etc.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1759 on: February 15, 2022, 09:17:55 AM »

SYMBIOPSYCHOTAXIPLASM: TAKE 2 1/2 (2005): 35 years after SYMBISOYCHOTAXIPLASM TAKE ONE, director William Greaves reunites two of the actors to rehearse a scenario showing what happened to the characters over the decades, and again films himself filming it. As far away from a standalone sequel as possible, this is mainly a meditation on the first movie, with 30 minutes of unused footage from TAKE ONE up front. Interesting enough as a supplement, but it also highlights how much of a lightning-in-a-bottle moment the first film was---youth has faded and the magic can only be remembered, not recreated. 2.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1760 on: February 16, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »

SYMBIOPSYCHOTAXIPLASM

Gesundheit!  BounceGiggle

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1761 on: February 16, 2022, 09:14:52 AM »

"Pieces" (1982)
The movie with the greatest tag line ever: "YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO TEXAS FOR A CHAINSAW MASSACRE!"
A psycho killer is carving up Boston college co-eds with a chain saw and using their body parts to assemble a human jigsaw puzzle. Yup, that's the whole plot.
This legendary low budget Spanish/American sickie has become a cult classic thanks to its ridiculously over the top gore and its awful acting/dubbing. It's terrible, but it's also highly entertaining in an unintentionally campy sort of way.

"X-Ray" (aka "Hospital Massacre," 1982)
A strange blend of "My Bloody Valentine" and "Halloween II," starring the ridiculously gorgeous Barbi Benton. She goes to the hospital for a routine checkup on Valentine's Day, only to be stalked and terrorized by a crazed slasher who's been obsessed with her since they were children.
Plot wise, "X-Ray" is a muddled mess, but it gets by thanks to some decent gory bits and of course the MAJOR eye candy courtesy of Ms. Benton. Watchable, but not essential.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1762 on: February 17, 2022, 07:48:26 AM »

The White Reindeer.

A Finnish movie from 1952. Given that at this time the country was deep under 'Finlandisation', I expected this to be along the lines of Soviet movies of the era, although I'd have to say from the little I've seen of Soviet movies from the time, it really isn't. A young woman gets rather lonely as her Reindeer herding husband spends much of his time away doing his job. She visits a local wizard or shaman who makes her irresistible to men, but she becomes a shape shifter who lures men out into the wilderness to their deaths. By modern standards, there is nothing surprising plot-wise. I can't talk about the special effects because there isn't any. You do have a lot of lovely shots of the Finnish wilderness (although to be fair, it could be anywhere with a heavy snowfall. Very stark, but beautiful nonetheless). It is wonderfully shot though and blessedly free of dubbing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:55:52 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1763 on: February 17, 2022, 10:44:48 AM »

"Schlock! The Secret History of American Movies" (2003)
Documentary covering the golden age of exploitation films (the late 1930s thru the late 60s), featuring interviews with movers & shakers like Samuel Z. Arkoff (American International Pictures), director/producer Roger Corman, distributor/producer Harry Novak, Forrest J. Ackerman, Dick Miller, Doris Wishman (director of "Nude on the Moon"), and plenty of weird, hilarious clips from dozens of long-forgotten "hygiene films," "nudie cuties," "roughies," and cheap 50s monster movies. Educational and fun!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1764 on: February 17, 2022, 11:12:15 AM »

Edge of the Knife.

Set in the 1800s, a tribesman goes on the run when he accidentally causes the death of a friends son. Guilt and loneliness very quickly take a toll on his sanity. This goes for long stretches without any dialogue and when there is talking, it isn't in their native language. Nicely shot and a very contemplative movie. If you are looking for action and adventure, look elsewhere.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1765 on: February 18, 2022, 12:41:16 PM »

THE STENDHAL SYNDROME (1996): A female detective (Asia Argento) investigating a serial rapist and killer becomes his victim, while simultaneously experiencing hallucinations when she looks at works of art (the title syndrome). The good (some nifty shots, a sympathetic portrayal of rape survivors) bumps up against the bad (the superfluity of the hallucination gimmick, a too-obvious "twist" ending) in this late attempt to revive the giallo from 70s master Dario Agento. How does a man direct his own daughter's rape scene? Seems like that would be uncomfortable. 3/5.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1766 on: February 18, 2022, 12:58:09 PM »

THE STENDHAL SYNDROME (1996): A female detective (Asia Argento) investigating a serial rapist and killer becomes his victim, while simultaneously experiencing hallucinations when she looks at works of art (the title syndrome). The good (some nifty shots, a sympathetic portrayal of rape survivors) bumps up against the bad (the superfluity of the hallucination gimmick, a too-obvious "twist" ending) in this late attempt to revive the giallo from 70s master Dario Agento. How does a man direct his own daughter's rape scene? Seems like that would be uncomfortable. 3/5.

It has been a while since I saw it, but I think she directs her own rape scene in The Scarlet Actress.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1767 on: February 18, 2022, 02:19:26 PM »

It has been a while since I saw it, but I think she directs her own rape scene in The Scarlet Actress.

SCARLET DIVA, but I think you're correct. She is assaulted in the scene but not raped, and it's based on her real experience with Harvey Weinstein. It's not a great movie but it's never boring!

JuanSnz
« Reply #1768 on: February 18, 2022, 03:57:06 PM »

^ The irony is that a year later after be accused of had sex with Jimmy Bennett, he was minor in that time, she used the same arguments or methods by Harvey Weinstein and others to tried to denigrate him. Like, he blackmailed her to not make a bad publicity of her.

I feel like the kind of Father-Daughter relation that have/had Dario Argento and Asia Argento, is 2 or 3 levels less 'creepy' than Sergei Gainsbourg had with Charlotte Gainsbourg.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1769 on: February 18, 2022, 11:20:01 PM »

FRIDAY NIGHT DOUBLE FEATURE:

FEMALE WEREWOLF:  (2015) - I have nothing against art house films per se, but this was an incredibly boring, confusing, and pretentious piece of dreck!  Fewer than ten words of dialogue in the entire movie, just lots of creepy theme music.  A lesbian secretary fantasizes about sleeping with her co-worker and then turning into a werewolf.  So she invites said co-worker over, kills her, and sleeps with her corpse.  Then does it again with a streetwalker, and sleeps between the two corpses.  Or did she imagine the whole thing?  You never find out.  1/5  AVOID!

MEGA PIRHANA:  Trust the Asylum to deliver the campiest cheese-fests ever, with some of the worst CGI fish ever conceived. Bad dialogue, bad action sequences, nonsensical plot - this was a bad movie lover's bad movie!  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.