Main Menu

How Are You Feeling Today?

Started by ER, March 01, 2020, 09:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

Tired but happy.  Glad school is out for spring break, but dreading this next week.
My daughter Rachel gets married a week from tomorrow.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

chefzombie

don't EVEN...EVER!

ER

It's been a day of mono no aware. I feel that from time to time and I don't know what triggers it. It's not quite sadness or regret or dread, just....hyper-reality of how precious and fleeting everything is. I think I first became aware of feeling that way the first time I read Our Town, and it's a gift to feel this but also not always welcome.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

chefzombie

gratified. i found a new jack and lug wrench fort the new car on ebay, made curtis very happy!
don't EVEN...EVER!

ER

Like a drifting snowflake fallen inside an old boot.

chefzombie

don't EVEN...EVER!

ER

ER

Joyously joyfully joy-filled! Got a heck of a promotion last night. Better hours, more money, less work, more prestige, I'll be home more days per week, what else could be asked for?

Alex

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

ER

indianasmith

Congrats, I'm sure it was well-earned!

I played hooky from home teaching today and went to the river with a friend.
After four trips in a row without finding a whole point, I got not one but two complete arrowheads - plus a plesiosaur flipper bone!
We find lots of mosasaur pieces, but Plesiosaur are much rarer, and I was happy to get it.\
So now I'm tired but happy and satisfied.  And full - I made a big pot of chicken and dumplings for supper!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

chefzombie

feeling like i have a terrible sinus headache. i hate having allergies..
don't EVEN...EVER!