Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:49:32 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339723 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1320 on: September 15, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »

Because you complain when I make long posts. So you haven't caught me out in a lie and I am quite proud to point out that you are not my brother. My family has higher standards.

EDIT Oh, and this isn't the first time I've mentioned doing that cough to get people to mask up and in the previous post I believe I did mention why I did it, so rather than catching me out in a lie you have merely once again exposed yourself as being "fake news". Oh and in order for me to be "caught telling a lie again", I'd have to have been caught telling a lie on a previous occasion. I appreciate your command of English isn't the greatest, but at your age, even you really should have figured things like that out.  BounceGiggle

Deflect all you want, Alex, but this statement - “Ever coughed in a room filled with unmasked people? You get some interesting reactions”  does not reek of altruism; just some sick twisted idea of a joke. That Impractical Jokers TV show would be a good fit for you.

I never said it was altruism, you said that. I think it is entirely selfish of me. I am looking after the people I care about. Again you assuming stuff that simply hasn't been said. I am guessing since you've abandoned the lying line you've realised you can't back your claim up and have decided to try another tack.

Deflection indeed.  Cheers

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1321 on: September 15, 2021, 02:27:25 PM »

...This is your idea of “common ground?” ...

Yes.  I am always entirely truthful and not inclined to "pick a side".  The truth can always be common ground for me.   Finding "common ground" might also be described as "neutral territory".  Neutral would be the operative word like "common". 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1322 on: September 15, 2021, 04:28:11 PM »

Because you complain when I make long posts. So you haven't caught me out in a lie and I am quite proud to point out that you are not my brother. My family has higher standards.

EDIT Oh, and this isn't the first time I've mentioned doing that cough to get people to mask up and in the previous post I believe I did mention why I did it, so rather than catching me out in a lie you have merely once again exposed yourself as being "fake news". Oh and in order for me to be "caught telling a lie again", I'd have to have been caught telling a lie on a previous occasion. I appreciate your command of English isn't the greatest, but at your age, even you really should have figured things like that out.  BounceGiggle

Deflect all you want, Alex, but this statement - “Ever coughed in a room filled with unmasked people? You get some interesting reactions”  does not reek of altruism; just some sick twisted idea of a joke. That Impractical Jokers TV show would be a good fit for you.

I never said it was altruism, you said that. I think it is entirely selfish of me. I am looking after the people I care about. Again you assuming stuff that simply hasn't been said. I am guessing since you've abandoned the lying line you've realised you can't back your claim up and have decided to try another tack.

I said it was altruism, galvanized by your lame justification of your joke. I can “abandon the lying line” now that you’ve admitted to being selfish; that doesn’t erase the fact that you made a sick joke about the pandemic scare. So please refrain from pretending to care about the dead COVID victims and save yourself some dignity.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1323 on: September 15, 2021, 04:34:12 PM »

I said it was altruism, galvanized by your lame justification of your joke. I can “abandon the lying line” now that you’ve admitted to being selfish; that doesn’t erase the fact that you made a sick joke about the pandemic scare. So please refrain from pretending to care about the dead COVID victims and save yourself some dignity.

I know you are a bit slow to pick these things up, so I'll try saying this one more time. It was not a joke. I mean I get it, new ideas penetrate your head slowly. As for caring about pandemic victims, well here is the thing, my actions are the ones that would cut down on potential victims. The actions you have been promoting since this whole thing began would have increased the death toll. You have repeatedly put down the efforts of those trying to limit the damage it can do.

Do try and keep up with these things.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1324 on: September 16, 2021, 12:30:04 PM »

I'm finally returning to work tomorrow for the first time since the pandemic started

I'm nervous because I sub in an elementary school district and they're not old enough for any vaccines

also the school district isn't required all staff to be vaccinated

also, I  reaggravated my sprained ankle a few weeks ago too...

so I decided to started with somewhere familiar to ease back into working

I have a 3 and a half hour job where I did my second internship... think I'll bring my cane

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1325 on: September 16, 2021, 12:54:32 PM »

Best wishes Bob, hope it all goes well.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1326 on: September 16, 2021, 06:25:42 PM »

"Is a ‘twindemic’ on the horizon? Experts warn of brutal flu season as COVID-19 still spreads" - https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/vaccine/ct-coronavirus-vaccine-flu-cb-20210916-f74nxjt54jen3pkxbooa6chupq-story.html

Unusually mild flu season last year because of masking and social distancing means people did not get natural immunity. This year's flu season could be brutal, further stressing hospitals. Experts recommending getting your flu shot a little early.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #1327 on: September 16, 2021, 06:38:55 PM »

honestly that's the 1st i even heard of the flu season at all. what i don't get is you have people get a shot for that and no issues and the flu rarely kills you unless your immune system is terrible that is. but Generally speaking it doesn't normally kill you yet you have idiots refuse to take a shot for that and the virus will kill you.

man are people stupid, anyways i hope all goes well man at your job. think positive but i'd be scared sh**less to if i were ya.  ya know it's at this point for the most part i can feel sorry for those who do catch it i don't hope they catch it but at this point when i hear this person or that person says it's fake  i think i used up feeling sorry for them anymore.  really only cause if they do survive it that's when they change their tune when it affects them.

i saw that Fox news upped the ante on getting their staff tested everyday for those who don't want to get the shot.  that i like yet they go on air and well need i say more?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1328 on: September 17, 2021, 12:55:21 AM »

I think it is that the flu shots are as much about stopping lots of people from getting ill and overwhelming medical facilities as preventing deaths. The elderly, people with diabetes, anyone on meds that suppress their immune system for whatever reason are all more vulnerable to the severest side effects. By getting the flu shot, you not only make it less likely that you'll suffer from it, but you also help protect them.

Having had the flu twice, I'd much rather get a shot in the arm and have a shot at avoiding getting it again, although scientists have to take a guess at what strain of flu is going to be the big one this year and then the correct counter-measure has to be issued, Sometimes they get it wrong and you'll get the flu anyway,

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1329 on: September 17, 2021, 03:24:04 AM »

Buggedout

Is it October yet?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1330 on: September 17, 2021, 07:56:52 AM »

Buggedout

That's why we don't listen to celebrities' opinions on medical issues.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1331 on: September 17, 2021, 08:05:28 AM »

Buggedout

Buggedout Buggedout

I know this is going to gross people out but I'm going for my jab on Monday and I will check my cojones afterwards.  I won't do it publicly though. Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1332 on: September 17, 2021, 08:47:39 AM »

Buggedout

Buggedout Buggedout

I know this is going to gross people out but I'm going for my jab on Monday and I will check my cojones afterwards.  I won't do it publicly though. Wink

why not?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1333 on: September 17, 2021, 09:14:41 AM »

The swelling in my balls actually went down after a got my vaccine. (No lie!)

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1334 on: September 17, 2021, 09:31:26 AM »

When I went to the hospital some years back with spinal meningitis, I also got the mumps!
And my balls swelled!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.