Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:33 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339566 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »

The government here has done something I totally did not expect and I have to applaud them here as much as I am not generally a fan of Boris. They have said to businesses that if you are not making something essential, send your workers home and we will pay them 80% of their wages.

It is a move that is estimated to cost £4 billion per quarter directly, not to mention lost income from the businesses. In the long run it could save a lot of money though and lives.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2020, 04:17:19 PM »

The state of Michigan goes on lockdown at midnight tonite.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2020, 05:03:55 PM »

At 20:30 tonight the government announced restrictions on large gatherings and said they would be forcefully broken up if needed. You can leave your house once a day to exercise and you’ve to stay at home unless work is vital.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2020, 06:17:08 PM »

I went to the small Grocery store here in town, and the cashier said to me- "Your lucky- an hour ago this place was packed!" Because tonite is the lock down. Usually there are about 5 people in there.
On the good side- I saw my cousin Ronnie!  Thumbup He's 61 now. No toofers, white hair. And he's only 3 years older than me. I got my hair- though it is thinning and I had to move the part from the left to the right.
My eyebrows look like Andy f**king Rooney's.
What were we talking about?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:27:39 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2020, 10:47:46 AM »

i forget, i'm busy envisioning andy's eyebrows.... BounceGiggle

don't EVEN...EVER!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2020, 01:33:13 PM »

Thanks COVID19: I'm going to be housebound for 21 days.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2020, 01:11:33 PM »

are you okay, trev???
i just read that prince charles has tested positive.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2020, 02:02:50 PM »

I live in Washington state in the USA, about an hour south of Seattle.   We've had a good, organized response here.  Generally, the people here seem to be taking the isolation measures seriously.   But, we lost a bunch of people early in this in a nursing home, so that (in an awful way) gave us a good scare to get us up and running.

The kids are out of school, I'm sure, until the new school year in September.  No way anyone's going to be business as normal in a month or two.

Alaska appears to be having a good, organized response too.  Much of my family is there, and that's where I trained.

Oregon (the state to my south), not so great, per a colleague of mine this morning.

I'm watching New York with horror.  That is going to be a s**tshow, a real mess.  They are behind the curve and nothing can be done to take it back, now.  Hopefully as a country we can rally and help them.   Cuomo's words, so far, are some of my favorite of what I've heard during this outbreak so far.   I'm glad I don't have that man's job.

The UK seems to be taking good steps.

I was all impressed with India's lockdown, until I read an article about how doctors and other medical staff are being ostracized.  Often as I'll complain about American culture, hey, we're not as bad off as that.  We do have some respect for each other and some love for each other.  (not to say that India doesn't.  But, I'm a doctor.  It particularly hits home for me that they are mistreating the people who are risking their own lives, to save others.)

Ronnie, did you just say that you were introducing us to yourself, to your cousin Ronnie, and to your other cousin Ronnie?   Yeah, that's what I thought I heard.  :)    Stay home and stay safe, you drunk.   Don't let this virus get you.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »

I live in Washington state in the USA, about an hour south of Seattle.   We've had a good, organized response here.  Generally, the people here seem to be taking the isolation measures seriously.   But, we lost a bunch of people early in this in a nursing home, so that (in an awful way) gave us a good scare to get us up and running.

The kids are out of school, I'm sure, until the new school year in September.  No way anyone's going to be business as normal in a month or two.

Alaska appears to be having a good, organized response too.  Much of my family is there, and that's where I trained.

Oregon (the state to my south), not so great, per a colleague of mine this morning.

I'm watching New York with horror.  That is going to be a s**tshow, a real mess.  They are behind the curve and nothing can be done to take it back, now.  Hopefully as a country we can rally and help them.   Cuomo's words, so far, are some of my favorite of what I've heard during this outbreak so far.   I'm glad I don't have that man's job.

The UK seems to be taking good steps.

I was all impressed with India's lockdown, until I read an article about how doctors and other medical staff are being ostracized.  Often as I'll complain about American culture, hey, we're not as bad off as that.  We do have some respect for each other and some love for each other.  (not to say that India doesn't.  But, I'm a doctor.  It particularly hits home for me that they are mistreating the people who are risking their own lives, to save others.)

Ronnie, did you just say that you were introducing us to yourself, to your cousin Ronnie, and to your other cousin Ronnie?   Yeah, that's what I thought I heard.  :)    Stay home and stay safe, you drunk.   Don't let this virus get you.

Too bad you weren't around when Zelmo was going off earlier. I notice he's gone quiet; hopefully he's figured it out. Like I said, at first I pooh-poohed the threat, but as the evidence built I changed my mind.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2020, 03:04:00 PM »

Nice to see you posting on this Zapranoth. I hope things stay, well the minimum amount of crazy possible for you.

As for Zelmo, I don't know if this is a recurring pattern or not but the last time he showed up he seemed to try and cause trouble and then go quiet for a while. Might just be his MO.

As for the UK, people seem to be more or less listening to the advice where we are. London is being reported as largely ignoring the restrictions and the tube trains being busy. I can see the government stepping up action there and hopefully before it all goes to hell in a handbasket. Beyond that, some places are reporting the rules being broken (like the 20 odd neighbours in the Midlands who decided to have a BBQ and were all standing shoulder to shoulder when the police arrived to break them up. The police simply knocked over the BBQ and made everyone go home), but this seems to be the exception rather than the rule. We are all standing by in case we need to support the emergency services.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:08:25 PM by Alex » Logged

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

Too bad you weren't around when Zelmo was going off earlier. I notice he's gone quiet; hopefully he's figured it out. Like I said, at first I pooh-poohed the threat, but as the evidence built I changed my mind.

Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years!     

Nah,  I watched that part and stayed out of it, mainly because it was not productive and zelmo's opinion is, obviously, unimportant.  Fortunately for him his state's governor is taking the right steps to protect him. 

At first I was hopeful that this would be "just" as bad as influenza.  But the evidence quickly tossed that idea.

Feel free to throw out any questions, I'll answer as I can, if anyone has any.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »

i have a question, zap, if i may. i know several people who had what they thought was the flu back in january/early february, do you think it could have been coronavirus instead? this illness in at the end of january was part of why my baby sister had a heart attack, and her doc thinks it may have been covid19, since she tested negative for the respiratory flu going around in wisconsin then.

don't EVEN...EVER!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »

Nah,  I watched that part and stayed out of it, mainly because it was not productive and zelmo's opinion is, obviously, unimportant.  Fortunately for him his state's governor is taking the right steps to protect him. 

At first I was hopeful that this would be "just" as bad as influenza.  But the evidence quickly tossed that idea.

What evidence tosses that idea? Statistically, more people have died from the flu this season alone than from COVID-19, during the same time-span (October 2019 to March 2020). The mortality rate for COVID-19 is based largely on China's statistics, who still carry the largest death rate for the virus, by the way. It mainly kills old and sickly people, of which I honestly had no idea is a description that apparently makes up most of the people that post here; with a few younger folk here and there, but all of whom had pre-existing health conditions.

My apologies to all of my fans here who have missed me during my absence. Unfortunately, I do not live here like some of you do. I was busy spreading the good word on Twitter. To your credit, the chicken littles that post here are not nearly as paranoid and delusional as some of the yahoos that post on Twitter. So for that

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2020, 08:05:45 PM »

i have a question, zap, if i may. i know several people who had what they thought was the flu back in january/early february, do you think it could have been coronavirus instead? this illness in at the end of january was part of why my baby sister had a heart attack, and her doc thinks it may have been covid19, since she tested negative for the respiratory flu going around in wisconsin then.

No real way to know.  Probably not, given that the virus is thought to have started out in November.  I don't know if we know when international spread happened earliest.   The problem is that there's such variety in how sick people can be.    When we have serologies available to see past infections we'll learn more.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2020, 09:15:40 PM »

if you're allowed to, please keep us updated on any possible testing for past illness that could help create vaccines, zap, and thank you!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.