Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:27:13 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339620 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2020, 11:51:20 PM »

if you're allowed to, please keep us updated on any possible testing for past illness that could help create vaccines, zap, and thank you!  Cheers

Thanks.  :)  I have not heard of any such yet.

For the state of Washington, thus far:  almost 53,00 tested, 3,723 positive.   That's as of today, and since test turnaround has been 3 to up to 7 days, those figures represent only the few who were *tested* and 3-7 days ago at that.  To be tested here, you have to have a temp of 100.4 or more, cough and/or shortness of breath, and access to health care, and you have to be high risk and/or a public worker or health care worker who is in contact with a lot of people.    So that is a big underestimate of true cases, particularly given how many have no symptoms probably.

Deaths, 175 so far,  125 of them in King county.  No deaths so far in people under the age of 40, but the death rates climb steeply after the early 60's.   The incidence of proven cases is pretty evenly spread, though, over people who are older than teen years.

By comparison, from the start of flu season until now (so from early fall until now), we have had *89* flu deaths, and the number of cases is in steady decline as we usually see this time of year.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2020, 12:04:55 AM »

I'll elaborate a bit more, too, for the curious.    First of all, thanks for the well wishes.  :)  Don't worry about me too much, though I thank you guys for saying as much.  I'm not at all surprised by the kindness, would expect nothing else from all y'all.

First of all, my immune system usually wins.  I'm one of those people who will watch everyone in his house get a bug and feel nothing, not even a tickle in the throat.  And that's seeing sick people all day doing primary care.   Sure,  I could get sick and get really really sick.  But it's less likely for sure.  I'm not fiftty yet, no chronic health problems.

My clinic and system have sharply cut down in-office visits.  In my clinic we'll usually see 1,150 people or so on a  given day, between three primary care teams (comprised of 8-11 docs and PAs each) plus various specialty, peds, internal med and so on.  We have cut that down to <150 visits per day, all in one part of the building.  One group of us is peeled off to see patients in person, in only that area.  The rest of us are doing virtual work, so mostly phone calls and emails, making decisions on peoples testing and work absences, and so on.      I am in the virtual category, unless our hospitals get overwhelmed -- if that happens, I'll be called to work there, as I did hospital work up until just a few years ago and I'm still quite competent there.   We bring in only the people we really really have to see, and we keep it as streamlined and safe for everyone involved as we can.   We do our covid testing as a drive-through nasal swab in the back parking lot, and that's working well to protect those involved and to keep people out of the building.

We (my family) are socially isolating carefully, I'm a careful handwasher / non face toucher, and I'm an introvert who is glad not to go out and talk to people too.  :)   And God only knows, I'm grateful to have steady work.   I know many whose livelihoods are just gone, or in doubt.    I feel so sorry for what they are going through, and we're doing what we can to help, locally.

Washington and Alaska seem to be well in the game of slowing it all down.  My local hospital is not overwhelmed.  The ICU is not full, and all elective cases and hospitalizations are firmly shut down, so actually the hospital nearest me is mostly clear and prepping up.  If we can keep the brakes on this thing locally, I think we can avoid being overwhelmed, at least around here.   But, we shall see.

People are not yet ordered to stay in their homes, but it's pretty darn close.  I have a letter work printed me to say that I'm a doctor and I'm essential and allowed to go where I need to go, in case it comes to authorities asking such questions.  Never have seen that before.   O.o     But, such are times.

I'm favorably impressed with local governmental response.     

I am thoroughly unimpressed with the federal response, but I'll keep my politics out of it otherwise than to say that.

I hope you all are keeping yourselves safe and well.  Remember that the social distancing WORKS and if we do it, we can make a huge difference in how this thing goes.  The economy of the world is going to tank, and that's a foregone conclusion.   We can save lives and reduce the economic harms at the same time, though.   Cuomo got it right.    But we save lives first.  We save lives, first.

Those of you who are diabetic or have autoimmune disease, or who live with the frail -- every time you go out, think about it.  Think about if you really have to do it, or can it wait.  Keep yourselves safe.  I don't want to hear about one damn serious illness among the people in this, my most favorite of internet communities.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2020, 12:10:56 AM »

I'll elaborate a bit more, too, for the curious.    First of all, thanks for the well wishes.  :)  Don't worry about me too much, though I thank you guys for saying as much.  I'm not at all surprised by the kindness, would expect nothing else from all y'all.

First of all, my immune system usually wins.  I'm one of those people who will watch everyone in his house get a bug and feel nothing, not even a tickle in the throat.  And that's seeing sick people all day doing primary care.   Sure,  I could get sick and get really really sick.  But it's less likely for sure.  I'm not fiftty yet, no chronic health problems.

My clinic and system have sharply cut down in-office visits.  In my clinic we'll usually see 1,150 people or so on a  given day, between three primary care teams (comprised of 8-11 docs and PAs each) plus various specialty, peds, internal med and so on.  We have cut that down to <150 visits per day, all in one part of the building.  One group of us is peeled off to see patients in person, in only that area.  The rest of us are doing virtual work, so mostly phone calls and emails, making decisions on peoples testing and work absences, and so on.      I am in the virtual category, unless our hospitals get overwhelmed -- if that happens, I'll be called to work there, as I did hospital work up until just a few years ago and I'm still quite competent there.   We bring in only the people we really really have to see, and we keep it as streamlined and safe for everyone involved as we can.   We do our covid testing as a drive-through nasal swab in the back parking lot, and that's working well to protect those involved and to keep people out of the building.

We (my family) are socially isolating carefully, I'm a careful handwasher / non face toucher, and I'm an introvert who is glad not to go out and talk to people too.  :)   And God only knows, I'm grateful to have steady work.   I know many whose livelihoods are just gone, or in doubt.    I feel so sorry for what they are going through, and we're doing what we can to help, locally.

Washington and Alaska seem to be well in the game of slowing it all down.  My local hospital is not overwhelmed.  The ICU is not full, and all elective cases and hospitalizations are firmly shut down, so actually the hospital nearest me is mostly clear and prepping up.  If we can keep the brakes on this thing locally, I think we can avoid being overwhelmed, at least around here.   But, we shall see.

People are not yet ordered to stay in their homes, but it's pretty darn close.  I have a letter work printed me to say that I'm a doctor and I'm essential and allowed to go where I need to go, in case it comes to authorities asking such questions.  Never have seen that before.   O.o     But, such are times.

I'm favorably impressed with local governmental response.     

I am thoroughly unimpressed with the federal response, but I'll keep my politics out of it otherwise than to say that.

I hope you all are keeping yourselves safe and well.  Remember that the social distancing WORKS and if we do it, we can make a huge difference in how this thing goes.  The economy of the world is going to tank, and that's a foregone conclusion.   We can save lives and reduce the economic harms at the same time, though.   Cuomo got it right.    But we save lives first.  We save lives, first.

Those of you who are diabetic or have autoimmune disease, or who live with the frail -- every time you go out, think about it.  Think about if you really have to do it, or can it wait.  Keep yourselves safe.  I don't want to hear about one damn serious illness among the people in this, my most favorite of internet communities.

Sending warm hugs and thanks, Brother Zap  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2020, 12:54:18 AM »

are you okay, trev???
i just read that prince charles has tested positive.

I'm fine thanks but I'm on leave (enforced but paid) until April 15th.

No comment on PC: peeps here know how I feel about him.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2020, 07:11:51 AM »

Now the Queen apparently has it, too.
No joke at her age.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2020, 05:09:20 PM »

good to hear you're okay trev!
indie, wow...i haven't watched the news today, she's WAY high risk...my state is now under stay at home order until at least the 19th, thank you governor kelly!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2020, 06:51:50 PM »

it's simply amazing she's still alive and almost 100 years old now!  i'm not from the UK but the states and i hope she ends up being okay but than she always seem like  she's maybe a fighter so who knows maybe she can beat it?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2020, 07:04:26 AM »

I'd imagine she has a better chance than anyone else her age. She will get the very best medical care available. If not, well she has had a good run. I wouldn't be surprised if she outlives her son though. Buckingham Palace hasn't confirmed that she does or doesn't have it though and I've not seen any mention of her having it on the UK news.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2020, 07:07:39 AM »

They also said the singer of Rammstein has it but it turned out to be um, fake news.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2020, 07:13:08 AM »

I'd heard he'd had it. Seems an odd choice to me for someone to pick to create a fake story about, but then again there are some messed up people out there. I wonder why someone bothered?

Anyway, it is good to hear he is fine.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2020, 10:07:42 AM »

I only saw the story about the Queen on one link, and it hasn't been repeated, so hopefully it was not true.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2020, 10:56:53 AM »

I'd heard he'd had it. Seems an odd choice to me for someone to pick to create a fake story about, but then again there are some messed up people out there. I wonder why someone bothered?

Anyway, it is good to hear he is fine.

He was hospitalized with pneumonia but tested negative on the virus. German boulevard paper "Bild" blew it out of proportion.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »

are you okay, trev???
i just read that prince charles has tested positive.

I'm fine thanks but I'm on leave (enforced but paid) until April 15th.

No comment on PC: peeps here know how I feel about him.
That's 'cause you're a gentleman.  I would say he can fnck off. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37

« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2020, 08:08:04 PM »

well as of today they said we are stuck at home until April 30th i'm not surprised at all and i don't anyone here is
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »

My sister-in-law's brother died of COVID today.  I never met the man and believe they were estranged.  Before that, I learned a long time pal 's boss is in the hospital with COVID. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.