Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:03:30 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339544 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2020, 02:28:56 PM »

That article about Biden was written by Jim goad who did the zine answer me in the 90s. Some of you might remember that one
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2020, 06:40:13 PM »

RIP Adam Schlesinger from Fountains Of Wayne, apparently from coronavirus.

probably my favourite songwriter of the last 25 years, and I'm not just saying that. him and the other Fountains guy, Chris Collingwood, pop geniuses.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2020, 06:18:42 AM »

I don't know how or why it's here. I'll leave that to the scientists. Not by listening to unproven theories.

But we *do* know that it originated in China, that the Chinese brought it here, and it is highly likely that the Chinese government is behind the whole thing.

In late November 2018, just over a year before the first coronavirus case was identified in Wuhan, China, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at Detroit Metro Airport stopped a Chinese biologist with three vials labeled “Antibodies” in his luggage.

The biologist told the agents that a colleague in China had asked him to deliver the vials to a researcher at a U.S. institute. After examining the vials, however, customs agents came to an alarming conclusion.

“Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials,” says an unclassified FBI tactical intelligence report obtained by Yahoo News.

The report, written by the Chemical and Biological Intelligence Unit of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate (WMDD), does not give the name of the Chinese scientist carrying the suspected SARS and MERS samples, or the intended recipient in the U.S. But the FBI concluded that the incident, and two other cases cited in the report, were part of an alarming pattern.

https://news.yahoo.com/suspected-sars-virus-and-flu-found-in-luggage-fbi-report-describes-chinas-biosecurity-risk-144526820.html

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2020, 11:53:39 AM »

^ China is ground zero for these sorts of studies, in large part because so many of the animal to human diseases originate there. It would not surprise me that they were transferring these materials to American laboratories
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2020, 01:30:20 PM »

My brother was quoted in a Wall Street Journal article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/questions-about-accuracy-of-coronavirus-tests-sow-worry/ar-BB124KXh?ocid=spartanntp

"Chris Smalley, a primary-care doctor at Louisville, Ky.,-based Norton Healthcare, said the 70% estimate was gaining traction with doctors finding out how well the tests work in the real world, absent better data. He said several of his patients with negative tests went on to develop highly suspicious coronavirus symptoms and require long hospital stays.
Dr. Smalley said a negative result is more likely to be accurate in places like Louisville where the prevalence is low, but could be virtually useless in New York, where it is high."

Talking about the estimated 70% accuracy rating of current virus tests.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2020, 04:28:18 PM »

I actually got to see some of my students this week via ZOOM meetings.  I sure have missed the little buggers!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2020, 06:15:28 PM »

There are 10 cases in Van Buern County, Michigan.  Bluesad

I am very proud of Tiana. She's taking all precautions, being she works in a nursing home.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2020, 07:28:47 PM »

this is a good start https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-wildlife/chinas-shenzhen-bans-the-eating-of-cats-and-dogs-after-coronavirus-idUSKBN21K0EW
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2020, 11:29:01 PM »

I am very proud of Tiana. She's taking all precautions, being she works in a nursing home.
You tell her that I'm proud of her too.  Plus she's cute.  Lookingup Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2020, 11:59:38 PM »

If they get rid of cooking bats covered in feces and urine then it'll be a life savor, literally.

yeah no.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2020, 01:53:24 PM »

You tell her that I'm proud of her too.  Plus she's cute.  Lookingup Wink

me too, and she IS cute!

don't EVEN...EVER!
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2020, 12:52:14 PM »

I am dealing with the fact that it might be an entire year before I really feel safe to do anything outside and go to anything public again.  First, the peak date was thought to be in April, now their saying it might be in may or as late as June.   And since it might come back in the fall/winter, we may only have a few months of what could be called :  normal

My friends and I were planning an out of state trip in late July.  It still might be on, but I would not surprise me if it ends up getting canceled.

It was really nice weather outside yesterday...  I spend some time outside cleaning up some leaves.  I would have really loved to go to the zoo, or take a long walk in the park.  But everything feels like a calculated risk right now.

My family is self quarantining,  so I haven't seen my parents in weeks. We talk through facetime/skype.  While I'm more introverted then them, so I feel I can weather this part of the storm better then them, but I know they have to be a little upset.

I just want all of this over.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2020, 01:06:51 PM »

Stay strong. You will get through this and it will eventually be no more than an unpleasant memory.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2020, 03:19:18 PM »

alex is right, we WILL get through this. i understand your fear though, WS, i'm debating if i'm willing to get on a plane in july myself. IF that's even possible by then.

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2020, 11:16:01 PM »

guys i'm praying not in may but by June maybe weather it's early june or mid june that this hell we all are going through will be a memory for all of us a nightmare memory but a memory none the less. one does wonder how long this will even last or what kind of world it will even be when it does go back to what is considered normal. i had to laugh a little when it said that smog is down and while that is good news and i do hope that the people who aren't working or trying to find a cure and who are trying to save this planet will be able to help find a way to save it.

but what would really damn help is we didn't have these idiots who just don't give a damn and insist that the virus is fake news and trying to take a talking cheetoo out of the white house even though that is not the case. the whole world doesn't give a damn about him so... anyways sorry stupid people that don't care about others like safety just p**s me off that's all. i'm not trying to start a political fight here either so if i offended anyone i'm sorry

ya can edit this if ya like i don't mind
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.