Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:14:48 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339627 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #525 on: July 09, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »

The protests were not a thing about boredom. .   This has been a long, long time coming, and inevitable.

We need to have change in our society, and the privileged have to become aware of the reality of their situation and the reality of the racism in our systems (in America).  The numbers show this.

believe that if you want, but from a public health perspective WHY people were in the streets makes ZERO difference

As an aside, I think it's fair to point out there's absolutely been hypocrisy in how people treat different protests in this era.  Honestly, I think anyone suggesting otherwise isn't looking at it very closely.  To be clear, I get some people saying "it's not different danger wise, but X protest is more worth it", agree or disagree - I get that logic.   But a lot of people completely ignored the danger entirely when they were more sympathetic to the protest.  I'll say a lot of big media pieces did point it out (I remember CNN having some stuff on it), but a ton of friendly coverage did not.  It was hard not to notice the difference in mainstream media coverage VS the protests in Michigan and so forth, in regards to spreading COVID.

Oh, one difference that's kind of interesting from another perspective - quite a few people in Europe were absolutely FURIOUS over a lot of the solidarity protests over there, especially in the UK.

That said...  From what they've been finding so far (via tracing those at protests who it turned out had COVID, there's now been a few attempts on this out there), the protests didn't spread it nearly as much as a lot of people were afraid.  The general thinking now is that being outdoors greatly reduces the chances of transmission period, even more than they originally thought.  Which is a good thing, really.  You can also typically see this where the cases are greatly increasing VS where they are not - New York City had huge protests in tight outdoor spaces, and their caseload is relatively steady for instance.  Based on what they're saying now, it's looking like the states that allowed congregation in crowded indoor places like bars and restaurants indoors are one of the biggest sources of the resurgence - a commonality of California, Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc.

I agree with Jim. Protests weren't good for COVID spread, but they weren't the only factor in the spike.

In other news, KY "mandated" masks in public today. With no real enforcement, I doubt it will increase mask-wearing too much.  We're sure to see a ton of anti-mask protests from "patriots."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #526 on: July 09, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »

it's also bringing out the racist idiots out even more than usual it seems too. my thoughts may be all over the place that's true but there is just so much Bullsh*t  out there these days that i can't always keep track of it. i'm against the looters those need to stop i think, ya know they really need to pay attention to what these people are saying and not just saying black lives matter and dress up etc... actually do something to prove to the people and once they see it's actually in motion the protests may stop.

Looting is a form of protest though. You're a racist for saying or even thinking otherwise. You are showing your true colors, virtue boy. The Boston Tea Party did the same exact thing and were praised as heroes for doing so.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #527 on: July 09, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »

^ Holy Moly! Where do you live in Alaska? In a town with 3 people?

I think your a brat- or maybe a snowflake on most anything, and are just here to start a fire.
You think your special because of one reason or another. Ain't that what you Trumpers call the rest of the world? Yet I see more whining and crying from Trumpers than anyone else. Gimme a break.  Lookingup
You think your entitled, because your white. Of course you told me your an Indian.
Ok. If that's true- your still a f**king idiot for what I just said.

Pennywise is a person with compassion. Your a scumbag troll.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:32:42 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #528 on: July 09, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »

thank you, i try to see both sides i do, but i don't know much about the boston tea party other than it did happen, History was never one of my strong subjects in school and i don't remember a lot, see if something isn't of my interest like history i'm not going to remember it.

how can i be a racist, i've got a cousin who is mixed, my uncle is married to a very sweet black woman. some of my best friends are black yet i'm racist?

i have nothing against Indians either in fact i don't like the fact that the whites stole the property from them back than. i talk to anyone who's any color i don't care what color you are. if you treat me with respect i treat you with respect i never use the N word at all as i cannot stand it and i swear like a sailor, i've even said to friends at work that before the pandemic hit and they thought about it for a minute and said you know what your right.

i also cannot stand bunker boy, there is a lot of ways to protest without stealing stuff, a lot of people do protest on the net that's true, some of the reason isn't because they are to chicken to show their faces, it's just that some people don't want to go out and catch the virus so it's safer to do it online rather than seek it out. there's nobody around here anyways that's protesting i live in the middle of BFE there's closest town is like i think 7 or 8 miles from my house & it's just a little town anyways.

in fact we are at Level 3 and apparently if we go out without masks now we can get a ticket, that worries me none at all because i always wear a mask when i'm out anyways. the only time i don't is when i'm in the car
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:16:30 PM by pennywise37 » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #529 on: July 09, 2020, 09:19:31 PM »

the Boston tea Party they dumped the tea in the water they DID NOT steal it. Bostonian here
pennywise37

« Reply #530 on: July 10, 2020, 12:43:46 AM »

really? i'm glad there's someone from there to let me know cause i didn't know that, so he was wrong? well good that's nice to hear
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #531 on: July 10, 2020, 02:17:45 AM »

the Boston tea Party they dumped the tea in the water they DID NOT steal it. Bostonian here

It was not their tea that was dumped. Hence, they looted it! Please educate yourself:

https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/boston-tea-party-facts

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #532 on: July 10, 2020, 02:19:30 AM »

^ Holy Moly! Where do you live in Alaska? In a town with 3 people?

I think your a brat- or maybe a snowflake on most anything, and are just here to start a fire.
You think your special because of one reason or another. Ain't that what you Trumpers call the rest of the world? Yet I see more whining and crying from Trumpers than anyone else. Gimme a break.  Lookingup
You think your entitled, because your white. Of course you told me your an Indian.
Ok. If that's true- your still a f**king idiot for what I just said.

Pennywise is a person with compassion. Your a scumbag troll.

Are you drunk?

------------------
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #533 on: July 10, 2020, 03:36:52 AM »

^ Yeah! But I can sober up!  Drink
You'll always be a pinhead!   Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #534 on: July 10, 2020, 03:42:47 AM »

it's funny you say that cause i just got done listening to the Audio Commentary on the blu-ray of  (1991)'s Puppetmaster 3: Toulon's Revenge. a pretty good commentary too.

having said that i was just reading some news on yahoo and how messed up is this? https://www.yahoo.com/news/feel-threatened-unmasked-florida-mans-165515391.html

this is guy is such a douche bag for doing this and i'm thrilled that he lost his job over this he freaking deserved it

this also is just so messed up https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-flies-nazi-flag-car-211916097.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 04:03:32 AM by pennywise37 » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #535 on: July 10, 2020, 09:39:17 AM »

My local sportswriter puts America's situation pretty succinctly: "We'd rather fight each other than fight this virus."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #536 on: July 10, 2020, 02:19:26 PM »

i'm not a sports guy at all but that is exactly 100% correct
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #537 on: July 10, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »

^ Yeah! But I can sober up!  Drink
You'll always be a pinhead!   Twirling

In vino veritas.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #538 on: July 10, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »

My local sportswriter puts America's situation pretty succinctly: "We'd rather fight each other than fight this virus."

I shared that sentiment in my status just now and guess what?

People started fighting!

CASE PROVED.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #539 on: July 10, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »

re: the push for schools reopening

as a teacher, I'm going to essentially I'm being asked to choose between my health and the means of supporting myself

I'm also still waiting for my pandemic unemployment

I do not feel comfortable at all about going back to work

virtually no one in my neck of the woods gives a s**t wearing a mask

I'm hopelessly f**ked and am going to more or less going to be forced to work when the time comes :(

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.