Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:25:33 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339660 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #855 on: January 14, 2021, 12:40:03 AM »

You talk about the vaccine like it's a cure. It is pushers like you that are making so many people distrust the rush job vaccine. I'll take my chances with the virus itself, thank you.

Hope it don't kill ya!   Thumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #856 on: January 14, 2021, 08:59:11 AM »

Turns out that my parents weren't supposed to get the vaccine--it was supposed to be open to health care workers outside of that particular hospital--but they administered it anyway.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pacman000
« Reply #857 on: January 15, 2021, 12:14:57 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GvxUgKAjsrc

Bluesad Residents of NYC’s Chinatown talking of their struggles this past year.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #858 on: January 15, 2021, 05:40:44 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GvxUgKAjsrc

Bluesad Residents of NYC’s Chinatown talking of their struggles this past year.

Yeah, especially brutal in Manhattan Chinatown.  They've been struggling for years and slowly decaying because of the absolutely absurd rent prices and other issues.  When one shop closes now, it's often not replaced for literally years because of how insane the new rent will be.  So you just see dead storefronts for years straight, in one of the busiest places in the world.  It's ridiculous and angers every local.  My sister lives in Manhattan and it p**ses her off.

I'd be curious how Queens Chinatown is doing, probably harsh but not as bad as the rent is more reasonable.
pacman000
« Reply #859 on: January 15, 2021, 06:43:19 PM »

I didn’t know there was more than one Chinatown in NYC. Thank you!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #860 on: January 19, 2021, 10:23:23 AM »

I got my 1099-G form for pandemic unemployment

I think it'll be way out of order, assuming I have my appealing hearing held at some point and win it -- which I will -- before tax season

hoping they'll send me a new one if that happens

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2021, 01:12:03 PM »

I got my 1099-G form for pandemic unemployment

I think it'll be way out of order, assuming I have my appealing hearing held at some point and win it -- which I will -- before tax season

hoping they'll send me a new one if that happens

Hope you have less problems with this one that your previous support.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pacman000
« Reply #862 on: January 22, 2021, 10:39:38 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem-Fix-63U

“Published on Jan 19, 2021
Dozens of independent landlords say their tenants have been taking advantage of the COVID eviction moratorium. CBS2's Natalie Duddridge spoke to two elderly New Yorkers who are desperate for help.”
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #863 on: January 22, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »

I've had a bunch of passengers who've gotten the first shot and one who has gotten both. Why our govt is concerned with anything besides this is beyond me
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #864 on: January 23, 2021, 07:22:22 AM »

Some good news for once-!
Free weed in Michigan if you get a covid shot!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/23/us/michigan-marijuana-free-weed-vaccine-trnd/index.html

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pacman000
« Reply #865 on: January 30, 2021, 02:33:46 PM »

Single dose vaccine:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #866 on: January 30, 2021, 05:22:45 PM »

I was at a family dinner last week and half the people there had already been vaccinated (first shot). I'm starting to be more optimistic that I might be able to get vaccinated by spring. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Jim H

« Reply #867 on: February 02, 2021, 06:06:32 PM »

Some more updates...  A friend of mine's grandmother died of COVID last week.  She was pretty elderly and in failing health, so not unexpected but still sad and a rough way to go.

My acquaintance in vaccine research gave another longish update.  Good and bad news, according to him.  The bad news is the South African COVID variant is in the states and is somewhat resistance to the vaccines AND hits people who have previously survived COVID - it seems to overcome natural immunity fairly well, as it's tearing up a city in Brazil that had virtually 100% infections of the original version.  The good news, the vaccines do still help significantly, just not as much, and updating the vaccines to deal with the new variant is much easier than starting from scratch, and that'll happen in a matter of months I guess.  Doesn't change a thing in how we're dealing with this, just means there will be more deaths and bad infections then without the variant, and possibly the most optimistic timelines of scenarios are out if the South African variant gets around enough.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #868 on: February 02, 2021, 06:46:44 PM »

My sister and brother in law have gotten their first shots, thru the efforts of their doctor, who'd ID'ed a situation here in the USA of "surplus" vaccine being discarded because of very particular timing constraints and expiration dates.  Availability and timing is paramount.  Properly timed 2nd shots are vital.  Another friend of mine lucked out in a similar yet lucky happenstance and has also rec'd her first shot... at a newly activated vaccine ctr in Shop Rite!!!   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #869 on: February 02, 2021, 07:24:03 PM »

Some more updates...  A friend of mine's grandmother died of COVID last week.  She was pretty elderly and in failing health, so not unexpected but still sad and a rough way to go.

My acquaintance in vaccine research gave another longish update.  Good and bad news, according to him.  The bad news is the South African COVID variant is in the states and is somewhat resistance to the vaccines AND hits people who have previously survived COVID - it seems to overcome natural immunity fairly well, as it's tearing up a city in Brazil that had virtually 100% infections of the original version.  The good news, the vaccines do still help significantly, just not as much, and updating the vaccines to deal with the new variant is much easier than starting from scratch, and that'll happen in a matter of months I guess.  Doesn't change a thing in how we're dealing with this, just means there will be more deaths and bad infections then without the variant, and possibly the most optimistic timelines of scenarios are out if the South African variant gets around enough.

Sad to hear about your friend's grandma.

About the vaccine and it's effectiveness against the South African variant: I heard a doctor say that while the vaccine was not as effective at stopping transmission of the mutant, it still boosts the immune system enough that the infection does not require hospitalization. In fact I believe not a single person who has received the vaccine then been affected by the variant anyway has required hospitalization.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.