Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:38 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339511 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #915 on: February 12, 2021, 05:58:40 PM »

Oh and still wondering what it is you think we should give trump credit for. I mean if as you say, getting the vaccination is pointless, then the only thing he could have done is waste taxpayers money on getting it out there. Is that really what you want him to be known for? I mean being taken in by "snake-oil peddlers" is hardly an epitaph for the ages.

Another thing to remember is when you refer to your new president as Sleepy Joe, just remember that is the guy trump failed to beat. If he really is that sleepy, then it doesn't paint your candidate in a great light when he failed to defeat him. There is a reason the Roman's used to praise their conquered enemies.

It sounds like you are confusing yourself by refusing to give Trump credit for the COVID vaccines that you claim to work so well and that arrived during his administration just as he promised they would. Everything else that you are expounding upon is simply words that you are trying to place in my mouth. Just because I don’t trust the vaccine in its current experimental state does not mean that the vaccine is a waste of taxpayer money; studies for Phase III Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Multicenter Study in Adults to Determine the Safety, Efficacy, and Immunogenicity of AZD1222, a Non-replicating ChAdOx1 Vector Vaccine, for the Prevention of COVID-19 will not be completed until February 2023. You can look that up if you want; guaranteed that CNN won’t tell you about that. So please forgive me for not jumping at the chance to inject myself with an experimental study like the rest of you lab rats are so eager to do.

As for Sleepy Joe, what can I say? The scam worked! Time Magazine went into full detail of how the Democrat Party stole the election from Trump. No secrets here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/%3famp=true

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #916 on: February 12, 2021, 06:28:31 PM »

Oh and still wondering what it is you think we should give trump credit for. I mean if as you say, getting the vaccination is pointless, then the only thing he could have done is waste taxpayers money on getting it out there. Is that really what you want him to be known for? I mean being taken in by "snake-oil peddlers" is hardly an epitaph for the ages.

Another thing to remember is when you refer to your new president as Sleepy Joe, just remember that is the guy trump failed to beat. If he really is that sleepy, then it doesn't paint your candidate in a great light when he failed to defeat him. There is a reason the Roman's used to praise their conquered enemies.

It sounds like you are confusing yourself by refusing to give Trump credit for the COVID vaccines that you claim to work so well and that arrived during his administration just as he promised they would. Everything else that you are expounding upon is simply words that you are trying to place in my mouth. Just because I don’t trust the vaccine in its current experimental state does not mean that the vaccine is a waste of taxpayer money; studies for Phase III Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Multicenter Study in Adults to Determine the Safety, Efficacy, and Immunogenicity of AZD1222, a Non-replicating ChAdOx1 Vector Vaccine, for the Prevention of COVID-19 will not be completed until February 2023. You can look that up if you want; guaranteed that CNN won’t tell you about that. So please forgive me for not jumping at the chance to inject myself with an experimental study like the rest of you lab rats are so eager to do.

As for Sleepy Joe, what can I say? The scam worked! Time Magazine went into full detail of how the Democrat Party stole the election from Trump. No secrets here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/%3famp=true

Hmm, so if he gets credit just because he was in office when the vaccine arrived then I guess he also gets the blame for the virus arriving while he is in office. If that sounds stupid, well it is. Him being in office did not contribute to the development of the virus as  Pfizer made quite clear. And I am not putting words in your mouth, simply all I am doing is pointing out what you have written.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #917 on: February 12, 2021, 06:33:18 PM »

You keep citing that article. I do not think it means what you think it means. The writer describes it as "the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy." "They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it." Etc. But it's off topic, anyway.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #918 on: February 12, 2021, 07:19:21 PM »

You keep citing that article. I do not think it means what you think it means. The writer describes it as "the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy." "They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it." Etc. But it's off topic, anyway.

So sexing up the scam makes it sound legit to you? If so, I have a used car that I’d like to sell you...  Cheers

------------------
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #919 on: February 12, 2021, 08:00:18 PM »

So sexing up the scam makes it sound legit to you? If so, I have a used car that I’d like to sell you...  Cheers
What the hell are you talking about?

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #920 on: February 12, 2021, 08:00:58 PM »

^  Zelmo. Just get the shot, ya big wuss!  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #921 on: February 12, 2021, 08:03:31 PM »

[sorry, my reply to Zelmo was a bit "unprofessional."]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 08:12:39 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #922 on: February 12, 2021, 08:14:22 PM »

What the hell are you talking about?

My advice is, don't bother asking. That will only encourage him and it's off topic anyway. You can read the argument on the "Bye Bye Trump" thread.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #923 on: February 12, 2021, 08:38:06 PM »

^In which I asked the same question- "WTF are you talking about?"  BounceGiggle
Oh my oh my, pudding and pie!
Kiss the girls and make them cry!
WTF am I talking about?
Don't matter!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #924 on: February 12, 2021, 09:38:55 PM »

I have to admit, Zelmo, your arguments don't make sense.

Vaccines are "snake oil," you have repeatedly told me. 
So did Trump hasten the arrival of "snake oil" that is not important or helpful?
Or are you backpedaling and saying that maybe the "rushed" snake oil is useful?

And you insult me for "pushing" this "snake oil" while claiming Trump gets credit for delivering it and Biden didn't?

... Yeah.  I called it right, earlier on in the whole pandemic.  You are not to be taken seriously.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #925 on: February 12, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »

Zap, the guys ape s**t .
Nobody really knows WTF he is babbling about.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #926 on: February 13, 2021, 01:45:40 AM »

So did Trump hasten the arrival of "snake oil" that is not important or helpful?

And you insult me for "pushing" this "snake oil" while claiming Trump gets credit for delivering it and Biden didn't?

... Yeah.  I called it right, earlier on in the whole pandemic.  You are not to be taken seriously.

So you, a so-called medical expert, actively condone *pushing* an experimental vaccine on innocent patients. I gave you the necessary information to check it out yourself; the vaccines are an experimental study until 2023. Are you telling your patients that the vaccine is an experimental study until February 2023? I’m really curious about what your sales pitch is. Trump gave you exactly what you wanted according to your previous statements. You have the vaccine that you wanted, and you still complain about the hand that fed it to you. I called it right too, pusher.

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #927 on: February 13, 2021, 01:51:37 AM »

Hmm, so if he gets credit just because he was in office when the vaccine arrived then I guess he also gets the blame for the virus arriving while he is in office. If that sounds stupid, well it is. Him being in office did not contribute to the development of the virus as  Pfizer made quite clear. And I am not putting words in your mouth, simply all I am doing is pointing out what you have written.

Once again, you’re talking like Pfizer is the only game in town. If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear that you were only acknowledging Pfizer’s vaccine and dismissing all the other vaccines that were developed under Operation Warp Speed. You can’t seriously be that petty, can you?

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #928 on: February 13, 2021, 03:35:40 AM »

I don't blame you. You should not feel shamed or pressured by anyone for not taking the rushed vaccine
Hmm, well I don't seem to be the only one mentioning just one vaccine, so if I am being pretty then I guess I am just doing the same as you. You have repeatedly referred to "the vaccine" in the singular, not multiple. Of course, I am quite happy to not give trump credit for any of the other vaccines which he generally had no hand in developing, just like he had nothing to do with the Pfizer one, but it is the one he and his vice president tried to take credit for, only to get slapped down by the people who actually had done the work for it.

Its not putting words in someone's mouth when you use exactly what they've said.

As for the questions regarding long term safety – in 10 years will there be major health complications due to the vaccine alone? This will remain an open question until we actually get there,

in its rushed vaccine for a disease with a 94-99% survivability rate. You don't need a college degree to spot b.s.; just a little street smarts and common sense, is all.

No need to take the vaccine then, since cases are trending downward now. I’ll just wait for herd immunity like we did with the flu.  Cheers

Or when you refer to the rushed "vaccine" do you mean only one of the vaccines that has been released in this time frame is rushed and all the others are safe, so you'll be getting one of them?

Thanks for starting my morning off with a good laugh at you though. In these times people need all the good cheer they can get, and you've certainly been a good source of humour thus far.

Then again, since you are giving me all these laughs on Biden's watch I should give him the credit for it by your logic.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 04:54:12 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #929 on: February 13, 2021, 10:18:07 AM »

So you, a so-called medical expert, actively condone *pushing* an experimental vaccine on innocent patients. I gave you the necessary information to check it out yourself; the vaccines are an experimental study until 2023. Are you telling your patients that the vaccine is an experimental study until February 2023? I’m really curious about what your sales pitch is. Trump gave you exactly what you wanted according to your previous statements. You have the vaccine that you wanted, and you still complain about the hand that fed it to you. I called it right too, pusher.

"So-called medical expert"? The time you spend on google doesn't give you the same credibility as someone who spends four years in medical school. Even if you disagree, I think you should show more respect to fellow posters.

"I gave you the necessary information to check it out yourself". 1. I can't find such a citation in your posts. 2. Again, this sounds incredibly arrogant, for someone who has no expertise in the field and is lecturing an expert.

Drop the Trump nonsense, it's a side issue and a distraction. I gave Trump credit. It appears that you see this as a political issue. It's not.

"I called it right too, pusher." Again, arrogant and rude.

I would be happier if you would try to discussion things with more civility and humility, or stick to bad movies, where your contributions are knowledgeable.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.