Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:42:43 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339947 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #945 on: February 18, 2021, 07:19:06 AM »

A few pesky questions about the Covid vaccine pop up in my mind;  One, the virus itself has not been around for years.  While we have  vaccines for the common flu today, that particular virus (and subsequent strains thereof) have been around for a few decades.  The tests on the Covid vaccine have been rushed through in just a few months? 

Two;  last I recall, most vaccine contained a dead version of the virus.  This batch has no covid in it what so ever. Plus, thousands of people are getting severe allergic reactions to it.  That does not sound like its actually ready or even practical. 

Granted, I don't think it is necessary at all..but that's another non-issue for me.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #946 on: February 18, 2021, 02:35:35 PM »

...  last I recall, most vaccine contained a dead version of the virus.  This batch has no covid in it what so ever. Plus, thousands of people are getting severe allergic reactions to it.  That does not sound like its actually ready or even practical... 

You're thinking of bacterial infections.  It is not established that any virus is alive at all; ergo, not "dead".  They have no metabolism of their own and can only replicate in an infected host cell.  The COVID vaccine is probably synthetic and targeting a particular protein in the virus...   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #947 on: February 18, 2021, 04:06:57 PM »

Plus, thousands of people are getting severe allergic reactions to it.  

Thousands of people have significant allergic reactions to many vaccines given to tens of millions of people.  That's how statistics work.  If even 1 in 10,000 people have a severe reaction, that's around 4000 people already with the COVID vaccine (as we're past 40 million people vaccinated in the USA alone).  For reference, depending on the source and year you look at it, flu vaccines are said to have 1-2% of people have some kind of significant negative side effect (usually fever), and about 10% of those will be some level of allergic reaction.  The allergic reactions are pretty simple to treat in general anyways.  
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:14:10 PM by Jim H » Logged
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #948 on: February 18, 2021, 05:35:23 PM »

Many of our servicemen and servicewomen are refusing the vaccine as well. I’ll trust these first responders over the civilian ones any day. They can refuse the COVID-19 vaccines because the vaccines  haven’t  even been approved by the FDA yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/02/17/pentagon-officials-say-one-in-three-military-troops-are-refusing-the-coronavirus-vaccine/amp/

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #949 on: February 18, 2021, 08:19:55 PM »

A few pesky questions about the Covid vaccine pop up in my mind;  One, the virus itself has not been around for years.  While we have  vaccines for the common flu today, that particular virus (and subsequent strains thereof) have been around for a few decades.  The tests on the Covid vaccine have been rushed through in just a few months?  

The mRNA technology that was used in the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines has existed for more than a decade and is not new in the vaccine development field. Moreover, the approved mRNA vaccines have undergone rigorous testing and clinical trials demonstrating safety and efficacy in people.

More than 90,000 people volunteered for these vaccine trials. The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine reduced disease by 95% and the Moderna vaccine reduced disease by 94% after volunteers completed two doses. The development, clinical trials and approval occurred faster than seen with previous vaccines. There are several reasons.

First, mRNA technology has been studied for other viral diseases – Zika virus, rabies virus, respiratory syncytial virus – for the past few years. Scientists were able to apply this familiar technology to the SARS-CoV-2 virus immediately after its discovery.

Second, funding and partnerships from government and private firms allowed many of the clinical trial phases to occur in parallel, rather than in series, which is typical testing design. This significantly sped up the process.

Third, most of the costly and time-consuming part of vaccine development is scaling up manufacturing and commercial production, and ensuring quality control. This typically happens after phase 3 efficacy trials have been completed. Because of the urgency of the COVID-19 pandemic, manufacturing and commercial-scale production of these vaccines started at the same time as the human safety clinical trials. This meant that once the vaccines were proved safe and effective there was a large stockpile ready to distribute to the public.

- Sarah Lynch, Director of Skills Education and Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Binghamton University, State University of New York and Kanneboyina Nagaraju, Professor of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Binghamton University, State University of New York

This article is from The Conversation February 18th.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:41:06 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
pennywise37

« Reply #950 on: February 18, 2021, 08:26:28 PM »

well maybe they refused it cause they wanted to see for themselves to see if it works at all? and yeah some people can't take it cause they are allergic to certain things in the dose. for example a streamer i like to watch on you tube has a friend who can't take it for just that reason. i think i said this already i can't remember so sorry for repeating myself if i am.

i read awhile back that and i do not know if this is true that the reason it went through so fast was cause it was a vaccine they had been working for the past 30 years.  i dunno what they were creating it for cause i can't remember what i read but if that's true that does explain why it went so fast. i didn't expect one to be out so fast either to be honest but if it works and it helps people i'm glad it's out.  

i do think everyone unless they are allergic to what's in it should take it, any drug you take if you think about it that you have never been on before can give you a bad reaction an allergic reaction if you  think about it. it doesn't always happen but it does and can happen that's how i think about it anyways
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #951 on: February 19, 2021, 12:30:19 AM »

A few pesky questions about the Covid vaccine pop up in my mind;  One, the virus itself has not been around for years.  While we have  vaccines for the common flu today, that particular virus (and subsequent strains thereof) have been around for a few decades.  The tests on the Covid vaccine have been rushed through in just a few months?  

The mRNA technology that was used in the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines has existed for more than a decade and is not new in the vaccine development field. Moreover, the approved mRNA vaccines have undergone rigorous testing and clinical trials demonstrating safety and efficacy in people.

No FDA approval and experimental studies due to end in February 2023. Yeah, sounds safe to me.  Lookingup

------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #952 on: February 19, 2021, 09:06:04 AM »

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/vaccines/emergency-use-authorization-vaccines-explained

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #953 on: February 19, 2021, 11:08:20 AM »

A lab rat by any other name is still a lab rat. Don’t forget to eat your cheese.

------------------
pennywise37

« Reply #954 on: March 05, 2021, 01:35:27 AM »

i went for my 2nd shot yesterday so i'm good for that which i am relieved, anyways i was talking to my grandmother the other night i called her for her 97th b-day yep she's that old and still kicking, though her voice is weaker than it used to be and it's quite sad and i can't understand her as well as i used to that's new.

but we were talking abut the pandemic and how stupid people are ya know pretty much what we talk about on here,  and her reply was this i'm 97 years old and i lived through the depression and i thought i'd seen everything boy was i wrong &   well not much else can be said on that cause i agree with her
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #955 on: March 05, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »

i went for my 2nd shot yesterday so i'm good for that which i am relieved, anyways i was talking to my grandmother the other night i called her for her 97th b-day yep she's that old and still kicking, though her voice is weaker than it used to be and it's quite sad and i can't understand her as well as i used to that's new.

but we were talking abut the pandemic and how stupid people are ya know pretty much what we talk about on here,  and her reply was this i'm 97 years old and i lived through the depression and i thought i'd seen everything boy was i wrong &   well not much else can be said on that cause i agree with her

Glad you got your shot. Why were you able to get it so soon? I am still waiting, hoping for April.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #956 on: March 05, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »

I got my first shot for the vaccine yesterday

it went much quicker then  I expected

it was kind of like an assembly line

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #957 on: March 08, 2021, 05:14:54 AM »

The early days of COVID-19:

March 24, 2003 -- CDC officials present the first evidence that a new strain of a virus most frequently associated with upper respiratory infections and the common cold in humans called the coronavirus might be likely cause of SARS.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20030411/sars-timeline-of-outbreak

------------------
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #958 on: March 08, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »

March 24, 2003 -- CDC officials present the first evidence that a new strain of a virus most frequently associated with upper respiratory infections and the common cold in humans called the coronavirus might be likely cause of SARS.

That was NOT COVID-19! 
SARS is a different disease, spread by a different species of coronavirus (a viral family with dozens of variants).  You are either being deliberately obtuse or else you are simply not very intelligent. The viral designation -19 refers to the fact that this particular species of Coronavirus was not discovered and identified until 2019.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #959 on: March 09, 2021, 03:10:05 AM »

That was NOT COVID-19! 
SARS is a different disease, spread by a different species of coronavirus (a viral family with dozens of variants).  You are either being deliberately obtuse or else you are simply not very intelligent. The viral designation -19 refers to the fact that this particular species of Coronavirus was not discovered and identified until 2019.

You're right. Both are SARS though.

SARS is much more deadly than COVID-19. The estimated mortality rate is about 10 percent.

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-vs-sars

------------------
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.