Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:22 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339882 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #990 on: March 22, 2021, 06:28:07 PM »

Appointment scheduled for a week from tomorrow!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #991 on: March 23, 2021, 12:07:03 AM »

Cool, Rev!  Do you know which vaccine?

It's definitely worth hanging out at a vaccine clinic at the end of their workday, asking them first of course.    We call no-shows and try to get the number of doses thawed just right but often there are extra doses that we're trying not to waste.  Everyone handles it somewhat differently, but if the vaccine manager knows your name for the end of the day that can always help.   Ours will vaccinate people who meet guideline, and if no one is available they'll vaccinate people who don't meet guideline if available.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #992 on: March 23, 2021, 07:44:44 AM »

Cool, Rev!  Do you know which vaccine?

It's definitely worth hanging out at a vaccine clinic at the end of their workday, asking them first of course.    We call no-shows and try to get the number of doses thawed just right but often there are extra doses that we're trying not to waste.  Everyone handles it somewhat differently, but if the vaccine manager knows your name for the end of the day that can always help.   Ours will vaccinate people who meet guideline, and if no one is available they'll vaccinate people who don't meet guideline if available.

No, but my appointment is listed as "initial dose" so I'm guessing not J&J.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #993 on: March 25, 2021, 02:51:09 PM »

I got my second dose this morning -- it's a more intense with the immediate aftereffects.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #994 on: March 26, 2021, 04:59:53 PM »

I’m debating if I want to apply for summer school jobs — midnight tonight is the initial deadline for applications —- more positions might become available depending on student enrollment

I can’t apply for pandemic unemployment without it being rejected during the summer, the school district still isn’t requiring all staff to get the vaccine for some stupid reason but I should be ok with my vaccine, they’re also running some trials for vaccines for school aged children

I'm leaning towards applying, but not totally sure

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #995 on: March 26, 2021, 07:51:45 PM »

it just depends on what type of job i think you may want to do? if ya don't want to be around a lot of people try out for one where you aren't. or you could apply to a job that is 100% online and you don't have to go out those can make some good money if you find the right one
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #996 on: March 26, 2021, 09:27:47 PM »

I ended up applying for 3 jobs I feel I could thrive at

all 3 are in person jobs, which while risky right now , I have much more confidence in working in a classroom than over a computer

I'm not very tech savvy

I figure that if I get the virus from working I could sue the district for not having a safe working environment

pennywise37

« Reply #997 on: March 27, 2021, 12:21:12 AM »

i'm not tech savy either but there are a lot of online jobs not all of them are on the geek squad my friend but it was just a suggestion that's all either way i hope you find the job you want weather it's in person or not
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #998 on: March 30, 2021, 02:37:22 PM »

Just got my pfirst Pfizer dose, and boy are my arms tired!

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #999 on: March 30, 2021, 02:39:31 PM »

Just got my pfirst Pfizer dose, and boy are my arms tired!

Rev, if you mutate, can I please have the movie rights?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #1000 on: April 06, 2021, 11:03:14 AM »

I finally have my appeal hearing April 13 in the morning via phone

I'm a little nervous but we'll see what happens

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1001 on: April 07, 2021, 03:27:32 AM »

A new study has revealed that Covid-19 survivors are at an increased risk of depression, psychosis and stokes. Whether this is directly down to the effects of the virus or a side effect of lockdown is not however yet known.

Brazil has posted a new record number of daily deaths from the virus, holding its position in 2nd place for total deaths behind the US. As the rest of the world is moving towards getting out of this mess there are still alas a few countries with leaders who refuse to deal with the reality.

The roll-out of the Moderna vaccine has started in the UK with its first recipient receiving it in Wales.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:58:16 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1002 on: April 07, 2021, 03:38:21 AM »

A new study has revealed that Covid-19 survivors are at an increased risk of depression, psychosis and stokes. Whether this is directly down to the effects of the virus or a side effect of lockdown is not however yet known.

Won't change me at all, then!  BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1003 on: April 08, 2021, 04:27:14 AM »

Well, Michigan is spiking!  Bluesad
Not surprised. Tiana is working 12 hour days.  Stupid toothless hillrats won't get the shot. You can walk into a gas station or party store, and they don't watch the news, or anything. No masks.
 They are not bad people.  We are all pretty poor around where I live. When I was raising children as a single parent making $ 8 an hour, I didn't give a rat's ass what was going on, news wise. I was in an emotional tornado every day.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #1004 on: April 09, 2021, 08:30:38 PM »

there was a dumb bi*ch on tv yesterday or the day before on the news i mean, where they were talking about a diner i think?  i don't remember where it was but the judge in that county is now letting the folks at some diner not have to wear masks and they were on the news saying how grateful they are blah blah blah.

how hard is it to wear a f.... mask?  i want to go out to eat or go to the movies any time i feel like and not have to wear a mask just like everyone here wants to go back to normal. but with these f..... moron's refusing to wear masks i'm not taking any chances.  they than had on the news about what do people think about concerts and such... most of the people were smart and said it's not safe enough yet and they are 100% correct but than you had moron's saying they should start concerts back up again cause they'd go to them. yeah my guess without masks and while the last time the world had pandemic it was 1918 i have a feeling they had a lot less stupid people out there. it never has once occurred to these idiots that they are making it worse by not wearing masks and not getting the shot.

sorry i just had to vent
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.