Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:49:46 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339573 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1545 on: December 24, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »

South Africa stops contact testing and quarantine:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10342333/South-Africa-STOPS-contact-tracing-quarantine-Asymptomatic-Covid-sufferers-wont-isolate.html

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing considering the number of times our government have fallen on their faces during this last year.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1546 on: December 24, 2021, 09:27:36 AM »

Just got my booster. Now, about 30 minutes later, I have a pleasant buzz.  Question
Cool.  I suspect by tomorrow it may no longer be pleasant.   Thumbup

We need to get this rumor started to get the teens into the clinics. But just like every other time I have no side effects besides a sore arm.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1547 on: December 24, 2021, 11:08:20 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10342333/South-Africa-STOPS-contact-tracing-quarantine-Asymptomatic-Covid-sufferers-wont-isolate.html

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing considering the number of times our government have fallen on their faces during this last year.

We have been hearing that the new case numbers in SA have been declining rather abruptly.  It has been touted as the potential pattern for the 'trend' for omicron: a dramatic upswing followed by an equally dramatic downturn.  It seems a bit early to jump on that bandwagon,  but here's hoping they are right.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1548 on: December 24, 2021, 11:34:04 AM »

We have been hearing that the new case numbers in SA have been declining rather abruptly.  It has been touted as the potential pattern for the 'trend' for omicron: a dramatic upswing followed by an equally dramatic downturn.  It seems a bit early to jump on that bandwagon,  but here's hoping they are right.

That news is true - so far, anyway - but our government's roll-out of the vaccine etc (and many people's distrust / vaccine hesitancy) has led to a down tick of people getting the jab.

Side note: I went to our local library for the first time in years this morning and I had to sign in and had my temperature taken.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1549 on: December 24, 2021, 11:57:48 AM »

Side note: I went to our local library for the first time in years this morning and I had to sign in and had my temperature taken.

And that is a good thing!  Keeping protocols in place is what will beat this thing.  Too bad too many see improvement in numbers as cause to relax measures - including vaccination.   Bluesad

Keep on taking care, my friend.  My best to your mum.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jim H

« Reply #1550 on: December 24, 2021, 02:03:38 PM »

That news is true - so far, anyway - but our government's roll-out of the vaccine etc (and many people's distrust / vaccine hesitancy) has led to a down tick of people getting the jab.

That's interesting.  The only places I've seen do that here are a doctor's office and...  A tiny cupcake shop.  Every other place, big and small, no temperature stuff to get in. 

I work at a library too - we had a protocol for employees feeling unwell and getting a temperature scan early on, but that was it.  We did close to the public for a long time though, opting for just deliveries and pickups.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1551 on: December 24, 2021, 02:09:44 PM »

We need to get this rumor started to get the teens into the clinics. But just like every other time I have no side effects besides a sore arm.

With my last jab, my arm hurt so badly, I couldn't sleep. The pain went away within half a day.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 07:01:27 PM by Trevor » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1552 on: December 24, 2021, 06:54:35 PM »

Not a rumor.  It's the truth!   Smile Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1553 on: December 24, 2021, 11:01:42 PM »

allhallows - luckily she has enough $ to segregate herself in a hotel room I'm sure many families don't
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1554 on: December 25, 2021, 06:07:09 AM »

Got the chance to come home for two days and see the family. Given the 24 hours notice, I was given to deploy, getting Xmas and Boxing Day with the family feels like a major boost. Got a good present on Xmas Eve. We received a rather cold and brutal message that our deployment was being extended by at least a month and that we were to be given no more time off, other than New Year's Eve and New Years Day when the clinics are being closed anyway.

I've been introducing myself with "Hi, my name is Alex and I'll be stabbing you today." I've also been trying to break the ice a little by saying "I normally fix aircraft for a living, so if you could just put your arms straight out and make a noise like an engine, that'd help me a lot." I got a bit of a surprise when one old guy thought I was being serious and did actually do it. Did make my day though and give me a good laugh. Delivered a few hundred vaccines so far, mostly painlessly (one woman spent 10 minutes arguing with me over whether or not I'd actually given her an injection or not as she hadn't felt anything). In my time we've had to replace the Fire Brigade when they went on strike. We've supported the ambulance service when they've been under pressure, we stepped in when the London Olympic Games was about to be a disaster and rescued it (mostly out of sheer determination and willpower). When England's cities exploded into riots, we've been on standby to help the police and restore order (although thankfully we were not called out onto the streets. That ever happens, then a corner has been turned). We help the coast guard with the whole migrant thing, but out of everything, this feels like the most worthwhile thing I have done in my 20-year career.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1555 on: December 25, 2021, 06:41:48 AM »

I've been introducing myself with "Hi, my name is Alex and I'll be stabbing you today." I've also been trying to break the ice a little by saying "I normally fix aircraft for a living, so if you could just put your arms straight out and make a noise like an engine, that'd help me a lot." I got a bit of a surprise when one old guy thought I was being serious and did actually do it. Did make my day though and give me a good laugh.

TeddyR TeddyR Cheers

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1556 on: December 25, 2021, 11:32:54 PM »

I love my country but here is more evidence that we have some idiots in charge:  Buggedout Buggedout

https://ewn.co.za/2021/12/25/kzn-health-department-reassures-public-that-covid-vaccinations-are-available

Sorry but how does "low turnout increase"? Probably goes up to zero?  TongueOut Twirling

Jim H

« Reply #1557 on: December 29, 2021, 11:38:05 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/12/28/omicron-new-years-eve/?utm_source=reddit.com
“Omicron and delta are coming to your party,” Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) said at a news conference this week. “So you need to think twice about how many people will be gathered together, keeping social distancing if you’re at a party. And if you can’t, leave.”

What a joke these sorts of statements are becoming.  No shutdowns for work, no cutting down on bars, sporting events, a gigantic fireworks show, everyone has to be in hugely crowded classrooms...  But yeah, cancel your 15 person New Year's Eve party because your governor says to at a press conference. 
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1558 on: December 30, 2021, 01:59:09 AM »

Got told that to make sure there are enough people to continue giving vaccinations, we aren't going to be able to go home for New Year and are going to have to remain in the hotel. There is absolutely no rules stopping the people I'd go stay with to come here and staying with me. Off to Nairn today. Things have been pretty slow over the past week. I think it is down to people not wanting to risk having side effects over the festive period and that it will get busy again in 2022. At a guess, I'd say I've injected around 300 people so far. Not normally being a people person, pretending to be friendly and happy all the time is quite mentally exhausting.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1559 on: December 30, 2021, 06:31:05 AM »

Maybe I'm giddy from too little sleep this morning but your last sentence made me laugh.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.