Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:39:47 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75
Author Topic: Alex's even longer post thread.  (Read 200207 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2020, 03:39:33 AM »

Barri, last night I had someone sneak into your house and write gullible on the ceiling above where you are now sitting.

Did you just look up?  BounceGiggle You know you want to.

Clouds have come in. We had some very light rain last night. I know this because it took us until 22:00 last night to get Ash to settle down and go to sleep so we took him out for a walk. Hoping we get a little bit more and then perhaps I can get a chance to dig up the garden. Right now the ground is baked hard and I don't care enough about the garden to fight that battle.

We are running low on some of our supplies and are discussing venturing forth into Elgin to restock. Kristi has said because I've not been out for a while I can go if I want. I don't think she realises just how well I can adapt to not leaving the house. Give me music I like and something good to read and I am can hunker down to outlast any apocalyptic scenario happily. Kristi wanted to watch the V-E celebrations last night. Mostly consisted of video calls with surviving veterans and some women in WW2 RAF uniforms singing songs from back then. The uniform really hasn't changed much since then.

So once again I've had a birthday and do my annual "How the hell did I make it this far?" thinking. Really, I didn't think I'd see 30. Getting out of the town I grew up in helped. Pretty sure I'd be long since dead if I hadn't. What a s**thole. I know at least 3 guys my age who didn't make it to their mid-20's. One set himself alight one night when he was bored, drugs and alcohol took the other two. One of them put himself in a coma for a bit and gave himself brain damage, following one cocktail of illicit substances, and then a few months later finished the job. None of them were what I'd call shining examples of humanity though and I've shed no tears for them. I never really kept track of anyone I was at school with, so I have no idea how the majority fared. I suspect most of the boys I went to school with have had lengthy prison careers though.

Stupid bastards. Some of them were fairly intelligent, they just got caught up in gang fights. One of them hit someone in the back of the head hard enough with a golf club, or two by four that his eye was knocked out of its socket. I think he was left blinded and paralyzed.

Ah, the joys of growing up in a village where the factory that had for generations provided 100% employment was shutting down. So glad I wasn't born there and that I don't stay there anymore. If it wasn't for family living there, I'd never go back. Nowhere is perfect, but that place was just miserable.

My new desktop arrived. It comes with a remote control and lights. I am not sure how they improve its performance, but hey ho. Now I get the fun and games of installing programs and downloading updates. But I can actually do stuff now when it is all sorted. It wasn't supposed to arrive until Monday, but I am not going to complain about that.

On something of a Fields of the Nephilm kick today. They are a band that I wish I'd been into when I was younger. I was aware they existed, but I never really heard of of their music back then.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:15:45 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2020, 05:39:38 AM »

Did not get a good sleep last night. Got a pair of seagulls attempting to nest in the front garden and they kept waking me up. The ones over here are somewhat larger than the ones Kristi is used to back in Utah, and when they lay eggs they will get very territorial and I can't have them attacking Ash when he leaves the house. I've been destroying the nest, but I've not managed to catch the birds in it yet and scare them off. Might have to put something down that will persuade them to move on.

Then again if I dig up the garden today, that might persuade them to move on. Will have to see if the ground is soft enough to be dug up after the past couple of days rain.

Well, I went to dig up the garden and it started snowing quite heavily. That was unexpected. Might cause a change in my plans.  Bluesad

Hell, everytime I go outside today we are having different weather, either snow, rain or a freezing cold wind.

Oh and we can now add hailstones to that list. I've given up for the day. It looks like a nice day out there, but the instant you step outside the weather ambushes you.

Trying to keep Ash occupied at the moment while Kristi cooks. I went looking for a cartoon to stick on the TV, but the only thing I have up here is Akira, so he is being introduced to that. Looking forward to seeing how this computer does on tonights game. Looking forward to seeing how the group does against tonights big bad.

Tried running a bath for Kristi tonight, while she and Ash were finishing dinner downstairs. He slipped upstairs and saw the bath running, so now it is his bath lol. He loves playing in water. I think am going to need to cut his baths and showers down though. He has had 3 today now. Still he is tired, and it helps keep him awake until bedtime. He has stopped napping around noon and wants a lie down around about 15:00. If we let him have that then it's sometime between 20:00 and 22:00 before we can get him to sleep.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:38:31 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2020, 07:09:07 PM »

never mess with a weather witch, sweet butthead, lol! seriously though, that sounds like may in new england( or kansas) with the wild changes. As for the ceiling, no point in looking up, i broke my glasses months ago, can't see that far.
   happy about your new puter! i'm thinking about getting a new desktop for curtis's bday in november, his is almost 10 years old and miles broke the tray for cds about a month before he died. he needs a cd burner.  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2020, 12:12:10 AM »

Most computers nowadays no longer seem to have a disk drive, so you might need to look for a plug in one. My new computer doesn't even have a slot for an integral one.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2020, 06:40:12 AM »

A slightly late present arrived today, including a photo of me with slightly more hair.

Now I can listen to 'Diggy Diggy Hole' on my record player. Today was my first day back in work since getting my move confirmed. No date yet, but I expect around August, although I am happy enough to wave my 90 days notice. It isn't like I am going to have to move down to England (although I will have to do a 3 month course down at Coningsby at some point).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:07:03 PM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2020, 05:29:45 AM »

We were feeling lazy today for making food, so we took a walk to the local shop. I went in, got a couple of sandwiches (wearing a face covering), and we went home. Kristi picked a chicken and stuffing one out of the selection and I had a BLT. She said it wasn't quite right. The taste and texture were... off. Turned out in small letters on the packaging was that it was a vegetarian substitute.

Won't be buying that brand again then.

I was listening to some random music earlier. Got a bit of Ozzy, 'You can't kill rock and roll'. The lyrics made me think of the people who are still in denial over Covid-19, or just don't realise how much worse it could get. Then again, it's not the first time that I've seen people being willing to sacrifice other people for their own beliefs. Hell, maybe we should just let it all go to s**t and see who left alive at the end. Let the old folks die and if the suggestions that this is causing long term damage to kids' major organs, well that is something they'll have to deal with as they grow up.

Being sarcastic there for anyone who didn't realise. Don't care what your business or job is if you aren't essential then your job isn't worth someone else's life or health.

When I left work today, I slapped some hand gel on and was applying it while I strolled home. I was going over a grassy path and my wedding ring shot off my finger and somewhere into the long grass. Luckily I managed to find it fairly quickly. When death comes, you can take it serenely, you can go fighting all the way, you can beg and plead, but a man who goes home without a wedding ring is going to find out which one of those is going to find out which one he gets pretty damn quickly.  TeddyR

I remember my old physics teacher, Mr. Beresford telling our class that a modern nuclear reactor's safety features meant that a meltdown couldn't happen in less than 48 hours and that there was a lot you could do in 48 hours to stop it.

Always figured what I could do was get outside  Thumbup distance. He was one of the better teachers I had at school though. Nice old guy. Must have been close to retirement when I had him. I hope he had a good life.

Do you have anything that irrationally offends you? For me, it is being bought grey clothing. I absolutely hate it. It doesn't matter what kind of clothing it is, if you buy me that I will not be a happy man. When we first got married Kristi took it upon herself to start buying me clothes, most of which I disliked, but I grinned and bore it. Even when she bought me a grey fleece jacket, I kept quiet. It wasn't until we were having a conversation with friends and she said: "Oh, I buy all of Alex's clothes now and I do a good job of it." After that, I had a private conversation with here where I as nicely as possible asked her to stop buying me clothes. Anyway, these days she generally only gets me tee-shirts and those ones she does pick out things I like there.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:36:36 PM by Alex » Logged

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2020, 04:05:25 PM »

things that irrationally offend me? yup. when people call me back without listening to the voicemail i left. i don't know why that annoys me, but it really does.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Paquita

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2020, 10:00:43 PM »

A slightly late present arrived today, including a photo of me with slightly more hair.

Now I can listen to 'Diggy Diggy Hole' on my record player. Today was my first day back in work since getting my move confirmed. No date yet, but I expect around August, although I am happy enough to wave my 90 days notice. It isn't like I am going to have to move down to England (although I will have to do a 3 month course down at Coningsby at some point).

YES!!  We love Diggy Diggy Hole in this house!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »

The weather has turned. I guess the summer is over and we are back on winter already.

Listening to my favourite Alice Cooper album (Hey Stoopid!), although to industrial sound of 'Brutal Planet' comes close to topping the '80's power metal sound of 'Hey Stoopid!' in my book. Damn, but I am a sucker for a grinding guitar riff. Throw in a nilhistic tune and I am all yours.

I found out tonight I am the only person in the world who has collected a 28mm German army, but doesn't have a Puma. In historical terms, it isn't a vehicle they made a lot of (about 100), but pretty much every army features one as they are very effective for their points.

Except mine anyway.

Tonight is the last night of late night flying which I am not going to complain about. A take off at half past midnight is still as loud as one during the day unfortunately.

Looking at the news. It is amazing that while in other eras people have stood up and fought against all sorts of great threats, while in this one, we in our self-entitled world can't even stay at home to help others. Mind you, apparently when our Prime Bumbler, Mr Johnson announced that kids would be going back to schools in the summer, parents and teachers have turned around and told him to p**s off, and that their kids are not going to be used as guinea pigs. In the other countries of the union the administrations are saying "Nope, we won't be lifting the restrictions."

Then again, perhaps this will be the end of Johnson's political career. The man was funny when he was on 'Have I Got News For You', but dammit, that joke just isn't funny anymore. Not that I can see any of his possible successors being much better. The best I can say for them is that they might have a bit more dignity.

Never thought I'd miss politicians at least pretending to have that.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2020, 01:18:15 PM »

YES!!  We love Diggy Diggy Hole in this house!

Do you have a preferred version? I think Wind Rose's is fantastic, especially if you watch it with the video.

Another weekend has rolled around. Still got no idea when I switch posts, only that it should be some time in August at the earliest. In many ways, it doesn't matter. Just by getting this posting, I have what I need. The starting date is more or less, immaterial. It would be nice to have a firm date in place none the less.

For some reason I've been having an urge to find a copy of Dune 2 and complete it as all three factions. I remember I'd completed it on two of them back when it came out. No idea which ones, although I'd be surprised if I didn't start as Harkonian.

Kristi decided to sign up for Disney+. Had a look at all its movies and they didn't have anything I don't already have and fancied watching. Was hoping they'd have Fox's films up, but maybe they are saving them for a seperate service?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2020, 04:34:39 AM »

Designing a trap-filled mansion for the D&D group to get caught up. Although the area the house is in, is a magical, extra-dimension space, the traps themselves I am planning on making mundane (ie non-magical). The first one involves the hallway they will enter into. It has a stone floor and is dominated by a statue in the middle, with a table with a note in front of it. Both in front and behind the statue are two rugs, while a number of different sized urns are scattered around and the walls are covered in paintings. Light is provided by a couple of braziers which will cast a dull light around the room, but no light source brought in by the party will work. In one corner lies a mummified body (this is a red herring, but I am expecting the party to be very suspicious of that).

The idea is that someone will walk over to the desk to read the note and find out that the rug is covering up a pit filled with acid. Each of the urns are sealed up, but are made from a weak and crumbly clay. Any rough treatment, including big, flashy spells will cause them to shatter and release a poisonous gas into the room. There are no secret passages behind these paintings, but they are coated with a potent toxin, so examining them closely will cause issues for anyone not wearing gloves, or who later touches either themselves or someone else if they are wearing gloves.

Should they actually get to read the note, all it says is "Welcome to the Murder House. There are no cunning riddles here, no puzzles to solve, only death. Time does not pass here, but you shall."

If anyone has any idea for traps I can include later on, go ahead and suggest them. I have lots of ideas already, but I have many, many rooms to fill with multiple traps.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 05:45:09 AM by Alex » Logged

Paquita

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2020, 01:59:37 PM »

Do you have a preferred version? I think Wind Rose's is fantastic, especially if you watch it with the video.

I didn't know there were other versions besides mine: "Diggy Diggy Eye", "Licky Licky Face", and my fav "Slurpy Slurpy Butt".. don't get any ideas, those last two are about my dogs.

Your murder mansion sounds infuriating.  I already feel like quitting and storming off and I'm not even playing.  Another reason I can't play D&D :).

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2020, 11:51:36 PM »

okay. so. i've tried very hard to find a more polite way to say this....and i've also tried to find" his" name, just so you know...
  when i saw the brother book, i literally shouted" OMG, ALEX LOOKED JUST LIKE WHATSHISNAME FROM ANOTHER WORLD!" and i showed it to curtis. who said" oh. my GOD, HE DOES!!!" and neither of us can remember his name or character's name!!! i WILL find it, just because i was SUCH a freakout! seriously, i hope you aren't insulted... but you DO look just like him back then... Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2020, 01:30:10 AM »

This is the version I was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU Small | Large

Its on the album I am holding in the above photo.

That is something I haven't seen so, but I doubt I'd be insulted either way lol. I tried looking it up and found a tv show, movies and a computer game all with that title, so not 100% sure which one you are refering to. I am guessing the tv show though.

Via email, ER is currently playing through the Murder House. She is still in the first room, but has survived a dip in the acid bath.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:09:08 AM by Alex » Logged

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »

yes, it was a long running soap opera that was one of the first things curtis and i discovered we had in common besides punk rock.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.