Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:40:35 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75
Author Topic: Alex's even longer post thread.  (Read 200241 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2020, 01:25:52 PM »

Glad your cat survived.

45 returned from being relegated to the comedy pages in UK newspapers during the election but has since returned there, or faded away entirely. Oh, another claim from my workmate is that trump will be the last president of the US. There is about to be some revolution and you'll be replacing it with some other figurehead.

Something to look forward to then?

Around 36% of people are saying they won't get the vaccination which puts the whole herd immunity part in jeopardy in the UK. Some places are saying unless you can prove you have had the vaccination though, that they will refuse you entry. Fair enough in my book. It is your right to refuse to take it, but don't expect the rest of the world to suffer because you are an idiot.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »

I wish you all the best in the UK.  Hopefully there, and here, enough reasonable people will get the vaccine and take basic measures to get us all back on our feet again.

I scored an Xbox Series X today!  Managed to order one online and have confirmation that it is beginning to ship.  Huzzah!  It's the only toy I've really coveted this season.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2020, 05:37:53 PM »

Congrats and enjoy it, even if Playstations are clearly the superior product.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »

Congrats and enjoy it, even if Playstations are clearly the superior product.  BounceGiggle

My only regret is Ghost of Tsushima.  Otherwise, no f**ks given.  :)   

Sure gonna suck if the next Elder Scrolls game goes Xbox-exclusive; I hope they don't do that.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #289 on: December 17, 2020, 01:17:33 AM »

My only regret is Ghost of Tsushima.  Otherwise, no f**ks given.  :)   

Sure gonna suck if the next Elder Scrolls game goes Xbox-exclusive; I hope they don't do that.

I'd be surprised if they did that, but stranger things have happened before.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #290 on: December 17, 2020, 08:57:23 AM »

Only 71% of the med staff (includes MA's, support staff, non-doctors) said that they definitely would take the vaccine on the survey.  f**king blows my mind.  Probably the number that will take it is going to be higher than 71%, so perhaps I just need to abide.

That is shockingly low.  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #291 on: December 17, 2020, 09:34:17 AM »

I know in the UK a lot of people have serious doubts over the length of time the vaccines have been tested for. I have explained that all the relevant tests have been ran, they just did them all at the same time instead of one after the other, but I can understand peoples hesitation there I guess.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2020, 02:08:46 AM »

My warcraft renaissance continues. Currently sitting at level 55 and aiming to be max level (60 in classic) in time for next Saturday so I can go on a raid with the guild. We were doing a group mission the other day and a very rare epic item dropped (the items are colour coded for rarity and power, grey is useless items that you can at least sell, white I can't remember the name for, but they are very much like greys, green is a common magic item, blues are rare and purples are epics. There are also legendary (orange) items, but they involve a serious amount of work to get). Anyway, the item has a 0.01% drop chance. I won the roll for it, so I've put it up on the auction house. Went for a bit over 1700 gold which I have split with the people I was adventuring with and one other guy who normally parties with us, but was having a bad day that day and didn't join.

Anyway, we all ended up getting 270 gold out of the sale, which is a fairly substantial boost to anyone's cash in classic. An epic mount (100% ride speed boost) sets you back 1000 gold. Hopefully, people will put their bonus towards that. I am halfway to being able to afford mine currently.

I was hoping the whole family would get a long lie in this morning. The previous two mornings Ash had slept in until 10ish which is unusual. This morning (my first one off work), he woke up at 5 am crying. I was going to get up with him, but Kristi said she would. Half an hour later I wasn't getting back to sleep so I just got up to join them. I was getting myself sorted when I heard Kristi shout at Ash, followed by the cat getting shouted at, so I abandoned my normal morning rituals and went downstairs. Gave Kristi a hug, then put Ash back in his cot and persuaded Kristi to go back to bed for a bit. Of course, since I am awake, I am staying awake and therefore here I am typing.

How is your morning going?

Have a song that could be about an existential crisis, but isn't.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

Hoping to get out to the cemetery today. We picked up a wreath for Lilly-Beth and I'd like to place it sooner rather than later, but that is going to be weather dependent. The air has been seriously cold around here and when Kristi and Ash have been out the air has not reacted well to the colds they have.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2020, 05:43:45 AM »

Cemetary visit is now happening today. Kristi is out delivering some cookies to various neighbours and when she gets back I am going to head out.

Still keeping to my plan of a level per night in Warcraft. The people who said it wasn't possible have now accepted that actually, you can do it if you know what you are doing, which is a shame because their doubt was a major driving factor in me doing it lol.

Painting up a ship that is about 3 feet long. I started with a brown undercoat (because its a wooden sailing ship), but the first can of spray paint ran out before I was even half done. I guess I'll be picking up more spray paint while I am out then (assuming everything isn't in lockdown already). Everyone was told that they would relax the restrictions over the festive period, allow people to meet up with families and so on (all against scientific advice). Then yesterday it was announced that we were going into a lockdown. While I don't disagree with them doing that, telling people it would be fine to meet up and then snatching that away from them is a much crueller blow. I think there is going to be a lot more rule-breaking than if they'd just said we'd be in lockdown from the start. We are also getting cut off as a country due to the new strain of Covid that is spreading much faster than the original version. They seem to think the vaccine will still work against the new strain, or at least that there is a good chance of it. Going to be hellish if it doesn't, or it mutates again.

So much for my conspiracy theorist co-workers claim that as the new year approached Covid would just slowly disappear (all part of a plot to depose the trumpeter, so after the election it wouldn't be needed).

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2020, 05:49:49 PM »

This morning, I hit level 60 in classic World of Warcraft. This is the highest level you can get at the moment. This evening I was asked to be an officer in the guild, leading and organising 20 to 40 man raids.

I really wanted to avoid that and just be a regular player, but for some reason, I said yes.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2020, 12:08:09 AM »

well of course you did, it's who you ARE. leader, protector, chief yeller, scottish guido, all that stuff. merry christmas!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2020, 07:58:03 AM »

Managed to get some interest yesterday from Ash in his presents. It was certainly better than last years screaming when we brought him his stuff. His favourites seemed to be his very own mini armchair and a Paw Patrol play tent. After that, it would be all his Hot Wheels cars. Must have gotten at least 30 from different play sets and things.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2020, 05:23:16 PM »

the pic of him in his chair with his footstool is adorable! i'm still in FB jail, so couldn't comment.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #298 on: December 31, 2020, 12:41:40 AM »

The final day of the year rolls around. I certainly seem to be awake early enough to see the most of it.

I see the Oxford vaccine has now been approved for use in the UK. I must admit, given the choice that will be the one I'd want to get. It isn't because it was made in the UK, or even because I know lots about vaccines. I just like it more from what I've read about how it was developed. Not that I am expecting a choice and I'll be happy to get whichever one is available ultimately.

Got out of bed about half three this morning. I was just feeling too hot to sleep. Watched a bad Chinese movie (Croczilla) and caught up a little on the news. A Brexit deal was signed, not quite at the last minute but close enough. Part of me wanted no deal just to let people see what they had really voted for and get what they thought they wanted. I haven't looked at the detail of the deal, or hell even the banner headlines, but I suspect it is a decent one and something that the EU will come to regret. After all, if we can leave and have a good deal then why should anyone else stay in the union?

I hope everyone has a happy new year and a good celebration. May the next one be less troublesome (and I'll drink to that).

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2021, 02:29:29 PM »

my final sacrifice to make 2020 go away was whacking off my ponytail. seems to be working so far. Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.