Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:32:51 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Many Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Many Movies  (Read 2521 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: April 03, 2001, 11:50:52 PM »

It was a banner couple of days for movie watching for me, so I'll keep these brief.

SHIVERS - Cronenberg's first feature film.  I thought it was enjoyable enough, although there were some problems, most stemming from the amateurism involved.  Some shots were off, and a lot of the acting was, well, terrible.  Still, the themes that would permeate Cronenberg's later work are presented here.  You could make a Cronenberg drinking game out of them.  Somebody uses the word "flesh", take a drink.  A prop (parasite worm, game controller) is used as a substitute for genitalia, take two drinks.

THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING - Classic movie by John Huston.  Stars Sean Connery and Michael Caine as two ne'er-do-wells who hatch upon a plan to trek to Kamfiristan and become kings.  They also happen to be loyal Stonecutters, which figures big into the plot.  At its heart its a film about Englishmen bringing enlightenment to the savages.  Not something I usually rally behind, but still a very entertaining adventure movie.  Also features Christopher Plummer as Rudyard Kipling.

PATHS OF GLORY - Excellent early Kubrick film.  I have nothing to make fun of, so I'll leave it at that.

NIGHT ON EARTH - Jarmusch film.  Essentially five vignettes taking place in five different cities, each revolving around a taxi ride.  Some are more entertaining the others, although all held my interest.  Especially notable was Roberto Benigni confessing his "sins of love" to an ailing bishop.  Gains bonus points for filming outside of North America and in other languages (although still a Western movie).

MYSTERIES OF DEEP SPACE: SUPERNOVAS AND BLACK HOLES by PBS - Documentary.  I only bring it up because by way of demonstrating black holes, they show a clip of EVIL DEAD II.  From near the very end when Ash is being sucked out of his cabin by the vortex.  Nice suprise.

That's it for now.  Next up, PRIME CUT with Lee Marvin.
Scott
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2001, 05:40:03 PM »

One of my favorite movies is THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING. If you like that kind of theme you might like MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON. Its the life story of Sir Richard Burton (not the actor, but the one who sought the source of the Nile river).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Many Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.