Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:21 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Quarantine Cooking « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Quarantine Cooking  (Read 23291 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »

arc, there's a couple of ebay sellers who sell " spice kits" to order, i go that route for certain things because i wouldn't use up a whole jar of a spice, like turmeric . i use a mix of turmeric and cinnamon to simulate saffron flavor because it's SO expensive!
claws, what kind of bun is that in picture one, with the brats? i use canned marinara as a base for my own sauce now, i don't have the room to do from scratch sauces anymore. i'm not unhappy about that, lol, although i DO miss my from scratch BBQ sauce.
  rev, a mutual friend of mine and alex's told me about a drink he likes called "long vodka", would you like the ingredient list?

Barri, if that is Dave, what he means is he likes a really big glass of vodka.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 02:15:16 PM »

claws, what kind of bun is that in picture one, with the brats?

Germany is the land of the brötchen, that's what I used with the brats.

Brötchen is basically a small hand-sized bread. It is chewier than a bun but then again, all bread in germany is chewier than the rest of the world. I think it is because bakers here don't use bleached flour, and don't add that much sugar.

Our hot dog or burger buns are brittle. Stores sometimes offer "American Style" buns but they are nothing like American buns.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:18:54 PM by claws » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 03:08:13 PM »

arc, there's a couple of ebay sellers who sell " spice kits" to order, i go that route for certain things because i wouldn't use up a whole jar of a spice, like turmeric . i use a mix of turmeric and cinnamon to simulate saffron flavor because it's SO expensive!
claws, what kind of bun is that in picture one, with the brats? i use canned marinara as a base for my own sauce now, i don't have the room to do from scratch sauces anymore. i'm not unhappy about that, lol, although i DO miss my from scratch BBQ sauce.
  rev, a mutual friend of mine and alex's told me about a drink he likes called "long vodka", would you like the ingredient list?

Barri, if that is Dave, what he means is he likes a really big glass of vodka.  BounceGiggle

No. I can forgive straight vodka drinkers if they're Russians, other than that there's no excuse.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 09:22:32 AM »

I needed something fast so Pizza it is

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 01:55:33 PM »

yes, it's dave, but it has lemonade and rev's beloved bitters and something else, i think.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »

claws, what kind of bun is that in picture one, with the brats?

Germany is the land of the brötchen, that's what I used with the brats.

Brötchen is basically a small hand-sized bread. It is chewier than a bun but then again, all bread in germany is chewier than the rest of the world. I think it is because bakers here don't use bleached flour, and don't add that much sugar.

Our hot dog or burger buns are brittle. Stores sometimes offer "American Style" buns but they are nothing like American buns.

i'm going to have to see if i can source this locally, maybe aldi's, i get lots of german foods there. thank you!

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 02:04:28 PM »

yes, it's dave, but it has lemonade and rev's beloved bitters and something else, i think.

Ask him (Dave) about Nookie (or possibly Nukie?) Brown.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 02:12:27 PM »

only if he won't hate me for it. and i'm blaming YOU for the question anyway.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:31 PM »

I was more thinking he might send you some.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 05:14:47 PM »

oh! i see. maybe we could trade for the pretzels i'm going to send him in a month or so.  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
claws
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2020, 08:32:09 AM »

Pasta with chickpeas in tomatosauce

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »

i make a dip/relish you'd probably like claws, it has chickpeas, lima beans, black beans, corn, red onion,red& green bell peppers, red&green jalapenos, pickled pepperoncini, chopped roma tomatoes, cumin,cilantro,cracked peppercorns and sea salt. i serve it with tortilla or pita chips as a dip, and my husband( who HATES lime & garbanzo beans) will stuff it into  a pita with sliced chicken. i imagine it could be heated and served over pasta, or as a cold pasta salad .

don't EVEN...EVER!
claws
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 12:05:35 AM »

I'm all for chickpeas and this sounds right up my alley. Annoying thing is local stores don't offer a variety of beans, they stock based on demand. Many times a recipe called out for lima beans, black beans or edamame but stores here don't have them. Standard beans here are kidney and white, which is sad.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 05:53:05 PM »

oh, that's a bummer! i wonder if you could order them from amazon or someplace? if you could get dry ones and cook them by the portion, you wouldn't have to worry  about any waste from canned.

don't EVEN...EVER!
claws
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 04:48:16 AM »

@chef

Yeah, I probably got no other option.

Chickpeas Oriental Style with 5-Grain Rice and Quinoa with Avacado & Garlic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Quarantine Cooking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.