Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:50 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases, part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases, part 2  (Read 137616 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »

i see someone bought (1981)'s Final Exam,i watched that oh it i think was a couple weeks ago and it was one of the worst films i've ever seen.

WOW was it bad, as for ones i bought i bought The Omen films on blu-ray though the case is bent i just didn't feel like going back to wall mart when i think that was the last copy that they had i think? the set is all 4 films including the remake which i have not seen, i've only seen the first 2 films.

Final Conflict i actually have the book of and i think i have the book for the others too but i just have never gotten around to actually read them.
how bad is the remake anyways?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 10:16:19 PM »

Knives Out bluray
The Rise of Skywalker bluray
Jurassic World bluray

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 02:15:29 PM »

Also, I actually bought a digital copy of this on YouTube, since it was only about a dollar more than the rental price and a Blu-ray is not out yet:

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 05:59:56 PM »

I hadn’t seen Candyman (1992) in about 25 years, so I ordered it off of Amazon and watched it again the other night. It was scarier in the ‘90s but it is still a very well done movie. The acting is what really drives this movie and I love the whole urban folklore angle that it takes. Tony Todd is at his best in this movie, second only to his best performance in Night Of The Living Dead (1990). I didn’t know until the other day that Virginia Madsen is Michael Madsen’s little sister.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 04:31:07 PM »

Recent arrivals:

kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 02:46:36 PM »

I bought "Night Owl" (1990) with John Leguizamo.  While he's not the main character, he has a major part.   Apparently it took 2 years to film.  The sad part is, it's ALMOST a great movie. The script needed one more draft before they started shooting IMHO. It's a vampire movie... theoretically. However, the rules of the vampire are inconsistent. This makes the movie confusing. It almost could be taken that the main character is just a psychopathic killer using vampirism as an excuse...but that doesn't come across either since the script has minor inconsistencies in regards to what exactly is going on.

HABIT (1995) explores the theme weather the killer is actually killing.. or an actual vampire without too much confusion.   

However, NIGHT OWL (1990) is still worth watching.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 06:36:07 PM »

My summer binge:

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 06:38:11 PM »

My summer binge:

Hazan is amazing and very insightful

you'll love it  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 11:04:15 PM »

i watched all the candy man movies years ago and i think the only one that was at least decent was the last one but Tony Todd wasn't in that one and as much as i love Tony Todd and he is damn good in those films that's not even a question, but those are terrible movies i had such high hopes for the 1st film but i thought it was terrible but it was better than the sequels i can't remember which one was worse the 2nd or the 3rd but maybe it's cause i've seen it all before cause it's the same thing as Bloody Mary the old tale and Supernatural did it better in season 1 than Candyman did i think but again to each their own i suppose,

let's see last week i think it was? i bought Captain America: Civil wars and it was one of the weaker films i thought not a terrible film but i think it was 7/10 i gave it. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017) is one i bought awhile back, 'Thor' (2011) and it's sequel Dark World (2013) i've been trying to get all the Marvel films on 4K and i've got 9  more to get before i have them all.  the last Spider-man film i bought as well but i'm not watching that until i see the 1st one and i don't have that one yet.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 09:53:46 AM »

Hazan is amazing and very insightful

you'll love it  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
[/quote]

Thanks, but I've seen it many times. Never with the William S. Burroughs narration, though.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 05:56:19 PM »

where did you find the zeman set, rev? i have all 3 on bad burns, would love to have decent copies.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 06:00:27 PM »

where did you find the zeman set, rev? i have all 3 on bad burns, would love to have decent copies.

I bought it online on Barnes & Noble during the 1/2 off Criterion sale. Get it now before the price goes back up in august!

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 06:11:22 PM »

will do, and thank you!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 06:35:17 PM »

pennywise37

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »

i missed that i see someone bought "The Devil's Nightmare (1971) i thought that was a decent movie actually.  i have not seen that Lugosi film though, i hope it's better than "The Devil Bat' (1941) that one is WOW painfully bad.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases, part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.