Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:27 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays?  (Read 12153 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 03:07:26 AM »

those i've actually seen, going off guesswork on my memory the first one and the last one i thought stunk but the best one was i think the 2nd one that one was i think decent. i'd have to look it in my old date books, i like to write down which movies i've seen each year and what i think of them for example my rating goes from  Classic, Stunk and Decent. Classic pretty much means i loved it not that they are classic movies per say. i've seen a little over #50 films so far this year
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 06:42:51 AM »

those i've actually seen, going off guesswork on my memory the first one and the last one i thought stunk but the best one was i think the 2nd one that one was i think decent. i'd have to look it in my old date books, i like to write down which movies i've seen each year and what i think of them for example my rating goes from  Classic, Stunk and Decent. Classic pretty much means i loved it not that they are classic movies per say. i've seen a little over #50 films so far this year

I’ve also been keeping lists each year since mid 2018  Smile

I actually did it once way back in 2003 or 2004. However, I felt compelled to give way too much info so I got burned out on it. Now I don’t even have that list anymore lol.

As for the Blood Island series I only have clear memories of seeing two, Beast of Blood and Brain of Blood. The latter isn’t even really part of the series as it’s just an Al Adamson film but I see it mentioned as part of the series here and there so figured I’d mention it. As for Beast of Blood I thought it was BORING. The opening scene with the zombie attacking on the boat is a lot of fun and the title is GREAT. So your expectations are set high going into it then quickly fall as the film slogs along. It probably didn’t help that I didn’t see the movie this is a direct sequel to, which as far as I can tell are the only two in the series that attempt any kind of continuity. Yet, even if I did I doubt it would’ve helped much.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »

Well, I like BRAIN OF BLOOD too, so that's what kind of weird taste I have in movies. If it's an old z-budget horror film, I'll watch it.  Wink And usually like it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »

that 2nd one though i forget which one it was wasn't painful  to sit through like the first one and the 3rd one. honestly the 3rd one had kinda of a cool idea with the head but what they really needed back than to do these movies, weren't so much a budget cause they were fine, they needed better actors and better scripts.

i'm not saying they need to be oscar contenders but care about the story and not just making the film to make money.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »

you live in mass., dc? i grew up in middleboro!  Cheers

Very cool! Yes, born in Stoneham and have lived here most of my life. I'm currently in Waltham, but am aiming to buy in West Roxbury  Smile

And I am close by in Billerica

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 10:40:21 PM »

I'd love to get Steven Seagal's On Deadly Ground (1994) on blu ray since it is currently very hard to find. I did manage to order Disney's Song Of The South (1946) on blu ray before the BLM people get it banned worldwide.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2020, 08:27:30 AM »

A region B blu ray of An Eye For An Eye (1981): only region A available.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2020, 09:09:57 PM »

I'd love to get Steven Seagal's On Deadly Ground (1994) on blu ray since it is currently very hard to find. I did manage to order Disney's Song Of The South (1946) on blu ray before the BLM people get it banned worldwide.  Cheers

Ya just gotta stab Black Lives Matter, even when talking about movies.
Disney himself pulled SONG OF THE SOUTH over 50 years ago.
Your such a dick.
But take heart! You can still watch BIRTH OF A NATION (1915)!

Of course Segal is a Trump dick sucker from day one- much like you. So I'm not surprised.  Lookingup

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:26:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 11:41:23 PM »

wtf is going on?
pennywise37

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 12:23:42 AM »

honestly i never thought song of the south was that racist or at all, i've seen that movie a few times i think it's a great film, why ban it? the film is over 70 years old it's part of history. also it takes place during the time when slaves still were around in short there are films out there that are far more racist than Song of the south. such as Dumbo even though i never thought at all that it was Racist. you also know what's funny i was talking to my mom about this too,

nobody has even mention Al Jolson at all my question is uh WHY? he's been dead over 70 years! but he made a living off blackface. granted i don't want his films banned too. but i hate it when any film is banned, there are films so bad that i've seen i wish they were banned not because they are racist but just so other people can't watch them. but you don't see me writing to movie company's for that to happen. i'm for BLM. but they don't need to ban films that were made over 70 years ago to make a point. Statue's of people that owned slaves i get, the confederate flag i get but why go after movies? they even complained about Gone with the Wind a film over 80 years old that again takes place during a time slaves were around. my question is this, there is a film that we have all heard of called 12 years a slave from (2013) are they going to ban that? i mean it won an  Oscar in fact many of them i believe.

i have it on blu-ray but i haven't watched it yet, i got it for like a buck i think. my point is that is film, i hate when any film is banned,  anyways Birth of a nation you are right, the (1915) that's not banned that's a great point that was actually funded by the KKK yet that one isn't banned and i've never seen it either.

but it's prolly the most racist film ever made. though i'm sure Trump and his cronies love it
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2020, 02:22:29 AM »

I'd love to get Steven Seagal's On Deadly Ground (1994) on blu ray since it is currently very hard to find. I did manage to order Disney's Song Of The South (1946) on blu ray before the BLM people get it banned worldwide.  Cheers

Ya just gotta stab Black Lives Matter, even when talking about movies.
Disney himself pulled SONG OF THE SOUTH over 50 years ago.
Your such a dick.
But take heart! You can still watch BIRTH OF A NATION (1915)!

Of course Segal is a Trump dick sucker from day one- much like you. So I'm not surprised.  Lookingup

RC, I suspect he knows that Song of the South was pulled by Disney and has no connection to BLM. He is just trying to get a reaction by being an a-hole.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2020, 06:19:19 AM »

there is a film that we have all heard of called 12 years a slave from (2013) are they going to ban that? i mean it won an  Oscar in fact many of them i believe.

i have it on blu-ray but i haven't watched it yet, i got it for like a buck i think. my point is that is film, i hate when any film is banned,  anyways Birth of a nation you are right, the (1915) that's not banned that's a great point that was actually funded by the KKK yet that one isn't banned and i've never seen it either.

but it's prolly the most racist film ever made. though i'm sure Trump and his cronies love it

I haven't seen the original Birth Of A Nation (1915) version yet because 3 hours and 15 minutes of a silent movie is a bit of a tall order for me. I can barely sit through 2 1/2 hours of Metropolis (1927) because that much classical music and having to read the story in the subtitles makes me drowsy. But I do own the more recent Birth Of A Nation (2016) on 4K which is a pretty good movie. Amazon Prime Video still shows the old 1915 version, so I guess that makes Amazon racist in someone's eyes here. You are seriously depriving yourself by owning 12 Years A Slave (2012) and not watching it though; that one is well-deserving of its awards.

I'm not sure why you say that "Trump and his cronies" would love the original Birth Of A Nation though. If what you say is true about the KKK funding that movie, then you ought to know that both that version of the KKK and today's BLM are both funded by the Democrat Party. This is why I try not to debate politics with the ill-informed. I have a feeling that my little boy is going to enjoy Song Of The South (1946) though. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!  Smile

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2020, 07:19:13 AM »

RC, you know what this guy is and what he is trying to do, just ignore him mate. He really isn't worth the effort.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2020, 07:30:48 AM »

^ Yeah, I know.  Bluesad
He just gets my goat.  Hatred

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2020, 07:53:39 AM »

i don't know much about the more recent birth of the nation, i said trump and his cronies because he is racist as are a lot of republicans, i'm sure some of the dems are too but i dunno which ones. but i am not surprised if the dems back than were racist, Trump even posted a video on twitter of some white idiot saying White Power. no one who isn't racist would do that. anyways

my blu-ray player refuses to play the disc i mean i got 12 years a slave for i think a buck. but i keep forgetting to try to see if my one X will play it. as for the silent versions i love silent films but it really depends which film you watch that is that long, (1916)'s Judex for example is  a brilliant serial but it's in chapters that are maybe at a half hr or and hr long. 

yes your son will love song of the south i didn't see it as a kid and it's a great film. i got mad because when something happens in the world they go overboard in removing stuff that will offend people, after 9-11 they went and removed the image of the towers in old episodes of Seinfeld and any other show on tv pre 9-11.

that's going way overboard. i'm for them writing it in shows on what did happen but removing it from anything on tv pre 9-11 that's messed up. that's why i got mad because i'm just tired of them doing something like that, that's all
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.