Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:45:48 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays?  (Read 12154 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 06, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »

Things you’ve wanted forever but just haven’t been able to get for whatever reason?

The big one for me right now is the Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast Blu-ray set. I saw it selling last year for $150 and probably should have just snapped it up then. But I didn’t. Now I generally see it selling for $250-$300 and as high as almost $600! I should probably just buy it before it becomes impossible to find but even $250 is a lot for a Blu-ray set.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:07:59 PM by dcj2112 » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 12:42:51 PM »

A full set of all of the Phantasm movies in a silver ball. They had one out previously, but there has been more made since then. Hoping I see it updated at some point.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 07:47:13 PM »

i want that too, i forget how many they had made i think there was a certain number i forget. but one color they never did put out i think it was the white one i think? i can't remember. i have some of them on blu-ray i still need to get around to watching the last one though all the way through
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 09:33:58 PM »

The Criterion Collection editions of The Third Man, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Grand Illusion, Forbidden Games and Spellbound

Hobgoblins 2

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 12:19:27 AM »

i want that too, i forget how many they had made i think there was a certain number i forget. but one color they never did put out i think it was the white one i think? i can't remember. i have some of them on blu-ray i still need to get around to watching the last one though all the way through

5, with the final outing being Phantasm: RaVager.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 12:55:21 AM »

yeah that one, i started it but its one of those movies that started out with a WTF happened ? and what is going on? honestly that's a film that really needs to be longer than what we got. i wonder if there is a version of it that is in fact longer? does anyone know?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 01:19:50 AM »

I think it was a deliberate attempt to move back to the dream-like structure of the first one with jumping between two alternative realities. Or Reggie was suffering from some sort of hallucinations.

pennywise37

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 02:33:50 AM »

i dunno i wish i knew but it was done so well in the 1st one and you'd think he would have used a better script i mean there were like 30 different scripts for it before he found the one he wanted. the first 4 honestly i enjoyed my favorite sequel though would be the 3rd one i think it's because that's the 1st one i did see
and actually i do have a Fan edit of the 1st film and it's i Think 5 minutes longer maybe? that's actually the one i watch over the one i have on dvd or Blu-ray.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 01:21:54 PM »

I want and need to get my hands on just about any Vinegar Syndrome set they offer.  Usually they are $250 + a pop.  right now, I gotta get my car fixed.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 02:51:14 PM »

I want and need to get my hands on just about any Vinegar Syndrome set they offer.  Usually they are $250 + a pop.  right now, I gotta get my car fixed.

Haha yeah, I can kind of relate to this. I’m saving up for a down payment on a house so every cent I spend outside of this effort I see as taking away from it. Worse still I live in Massachusetts where house prices stopped being reasonable about the time the Pilgrims arrived.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »

you live in mass., dc? i grew up in middleboro!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 07:37:09 AM »

you live in mass., dc? i grew up in middleboro!  Cheers

Very cool! Yes, born in Stoneham and have lived here most of my life. I'm currently in Waltham, but am aiming to buy in West Roxbury  Smile
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 05:23:59 PM »

i used to LOVE waltham when my hubby( not at the time) was living there, they have the BEST thrift stores! west roxbury did too, and somerville. i used to go to this little hole in the wall bar& grill in west roxbury called benny's, they had the most AMAZING braised beef tips...if it still exists, go there ! * in case no one told you, i'm a little obsessed with food, lol! *

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 11:52:46 AM »

I would love to have the Blood Island series in one set!
For those unfamiliar with Blood Island- there's BRIDES OF BLOOD (1968), the MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND, and BEAST OF BLOOD. I have BEAST OF- with a good commentary track with distributer Sam Sherman. Plus an interview with director Eddie Romero (no relation to George!). But to have a box set would be the real deal, Lucille!  Twirling
One of my favorite horror film series ever!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:55:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 05:56:39 PM »

i'm amazed you don't have that ronny. i got it in a trade years ago, back when we could still do that on ebay. my personal fave is brides, for some reason it just cracks me up.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.