Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:52 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays?  (Read 12156 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 08:44:54 AM »

TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE is a good movie.  But knowing Zelmo- I doubt he watched it either. And if he did-he  obviously don't have the brains, the morals, (or he's just plain trolling) to understand of what it represents.
I think he enjoys just being a dick. Which he is.  Lookingup
Myself- I don't think he ever watched it. He just threw that in there to say- "Hey! See! I'm not racist! I liked Twelve Years a Slave!" Horses**t. The shmuck is transparent.
I don't think any film should be banned, either. Don't mean I'm gonna watch it.
I have seen BIRTH OF A NATION (1915). I sat threw the whole f**king thing. Zelmo doesn't have the attention span, so I don't suppose he would watch it all. And no, Zelmo, it just carries the same title as the new version. The old one has the KKK rescuing a white women from a guy in blackface who raped her.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:57:36 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 08:57:54 AM »

I agree with Pennywise that I don't think SoS is racist myself. It is set after the American civil war and the people in it aren't slaves. I picked up a copy of it for Kristi last year.

I can't say I've watched either '12 Years a Slave' or 'Birth of a Nation'. Unlike say the Human Centipede movies they aren't ones I've deliberately avoided, I just haven't randomly come across them or been interested enough to seek them out. Maybe one day the mood will strike me to sit down and put them on, but most of the time I'd rather just watch something fun over something serious.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »

I agree with Pennywise that I don't think SoS is racist myself. It is set after the American civil war and the people in it aren't slaves. I picked up a copy of it for Kristi last year.

I can't say I've watched either '12 Years a Slave' or 'Birth of a Nation'. Unlike say the Human Centipede movies they aren't ones I've deliberately avoided, I just haven't randomly come across them or been interested enough to seek them out. Maybe one day the mood will strike me to sit down and put them on, but most of the time I'd rather just watch something fun over something serious.

I understand that. Me too. I would much rather watch I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, but Tiana is very interested in black history- so we watch it. I'm glad I do.
I don't think SONG OF THE SOUTH is racist either. But lotsa black folks-even way back then- thought it portrayed blacks as being "Yessuh" servants.

"Since its original release, Song of the South has remained a subject of controversy. Some critics have described the film's portrayal of African Americans as racist and offensive, maintaining that the black vernacular and other qualities are stereotypes. In addition, the plantation setting is sometimes criticized as idyllic and glorified. Because of this controversy, Disney has not released Song of the South on any home video format in the United States.
"
Even after the Civil War, blacks still had the status of not worthy people. Just like American Indians. Just like Mexicans. Just like anybody who isn't a rich old white guy like the scumbag who is President.  I can understand the frustration of poor white people.  I'm one myself. But other races aren't our enemy.  The enemy is this spoiled brat sitting in the White House.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:24:29 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2020, 06:41:52 PM »

yes,trump IS the enemy, and so are dbags like zelmo. alex is right, ronny, we need to try to ignore him, he doesn't deserve a response. he's just an ignorant troll who should NOT be raising/brainwashing a child. i hope his son is smart enough to know that daddy is a racist pig.

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2020, 04:50:48 AM »

i hope so too, Dumbo has those Crows that as a kid i never thought was racist but than i never thought about it at all. than listening to a podcast a couple years back they were saying how racist those crows were. it's been a long time since i saw so i am still not sure.

but on that same podcast just a different episode from a couple years back they were saving that one thing people never talk about is what did happen after the slaves were freed by Lincoln, if what they say is true and ya know what i do believe it, some stayed with their family's they were slaves to for 1. they did really feel like family and for another they had no other place to go and some did leave and they had a hard time finding work. they didn't have any book they got it from or anything but they never do a film about any of that stuff well not that i think can think of.

my point is that films back than did have a lot of racist stuff that was okay back than. back in the 20's and 30's it was really common that a lot of people were racist. and so they black actors cast as servants and so forth, but there are a crap load of films that take place during the civil war and before during which slaves were around are they going to bad those? or as i was talking to my mom recently she made a good point what about Roots? the mini series they remade it a few years back and than there's the Original and its' sequel and is that going to be banned as well?

anyways didn't Disney put on VHS back in the 80's song of the south? i've seen it on VHS but not to have it in my hands. with a film like Song of the south or even the video Nasties or Silent Night, Deadly night they would ban certain movies without even watching them and that really sets me off.

as for Trump i will never understand how anyone can not see that he's racist, a lot of them in congress is Racist such as Pence i think too i mean he could not even say black lives matter instead he said all lives matter to me that sounded like a cop out from the whitest guy on the face of the planet. i swear a freaking albino is less white than that guy is.

but ya know what on both sides no doubt there are prolly racists on both sides and some of them i think do actually hide that side of themselves  than you have trump who hid it for a long time and just no longer cares who knows that he's racist even though he denies that he is.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2020, 12:39:17 AM »

TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE is a good movie.  But knowing Zelmo- I doubt he watched it either. And if he did-he  obviously don't have the brains, the morals, (or he's just plain trolling) to understand of what it represents.
I think he enjoys just being a dick. Which he is.  Lookingup
Myself- I don't think he ever watched it. He just threw that in there to say- "Hey! See! I'm not racist! I liked Twelve Years a Slave!" Horses**t. The shmuck is transparent.
I don't think any film should be banned, either. Don't mean I'm gonna watch it.
I have seen BIRTH OF A NATION (1915). I sat threw the whole f**king thing. Zelmo doesn't have the attention span, so I don't suppose he would watch it all. And no, Zelmo, it just carries the same title as the new version. The old one has the KKK rescuing a white women from a guy in blackface who raped her.

Sorry, you old grumpy cow, but I do own 12 Years A Slave (2013) on blu ray, as Chiwetel Ejiofor has been one of my favorite actors ever since he went from a hardcore gangsta villain in Four Brothers (2004) to articulate and educated cold-blooded assassin in Serenity (2005); the range that he has as an actor is something that I haven't seen since Gary Oldman in his early days. As for the rest of what you said, how dare you refer to a person of color (me) as a racist? I have more in kind with BLM than you ever will; true I am not black either, just like you ain't though I can tell that you really want to be for some reason (white guilt maybe?) But I am Native American; I just have a laugh at people that pretend to be more oppressed than my people have been and continue to be, and will continue to be so long as people like you remain on my land. If you really love Africa so much, RC, then I suggest that you move there and see how they treat you.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2020, 12:47:46 AM »

My little boy loved the movie. The blu ray 1080p transfer turned out surprisingly well for a bootleg. It is an imported blu ray from overseas with a big disclaimer on the back of the package; kind of an F.U. to Disney for wimping out and not releasing Song Of The South (1946) on Disney+ last year. It is still in a 4:3 aspect ratio for being such an old film, but the 1080p screen resolution looks great on a 4K TV.

That being said, I can see why Disney wimped out on releasing it on their streaming channel. I don't agree with them pulling the plug on it, but I understand why they chickened out. When you leave the English subtitles on, they are phonetically accurate when it comes to the Deep South pronunciations of the English dialect. For example: "Yes sir, that's the way with Br'er Rabbit, sure as I'm named Remus. About the time he get it stuck in his mind that there ain't nobody can outdo him, up somebody'd jump an' do him scan'lous. "What you laughin' 'bout?" says Br'er Fox, says he. An' Br'er Rabbit, he couldn't say nothin'. "Well, then," says Br'er Fox, says he, "I'll settle your hash right now!" And with that, he grab Br'er Rabbit by the tail and made for to dash 'im agin' the ground. But just then, Br'er Rabbit's tail snap off real short, an' he tuck through the cotton patch like the dogs was after 'im. An' from that day to this, the only tail that Br'er Rabbit's got to his name was a little ol' ball o' cotton."

My guess is that Disney just didn't want to deal with all the complaining from the BLM and BLM sympathizing types out there. You know, the RCs of the world.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2020, 03:52:26 AM »

One does not have to be white to be racist.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2020, 10:03:11 AM »

This thread seems to have gone a little off track. Let's return to discussing Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2020, 01:09:50 PM »

^Yeah. Sorry, Rev.
As far as you, Zelmo- black, white, red or any other color- your still an idiot.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:51:21 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2020, 03:04:53 PM »

I would LOVE to find PSYCHED BY THE 4-D WITCH on Dvd!

I had it on vhs from Something Weird- but it's long gone.  Bluesad

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »

I finally pulled the trigger and got that Herschell Gordon Lewis box set I mentioned in the OP. USPS has been way behind on shipments lately so hopefully I get it before the end of the month  Smile

Looking forward to seeing some of the more obscure stuff the box set includes. Also, the improved picture quality on his gore films. I’ve been watching the old Something Weird DVDs of his movies and the picture quality between the two releases is like night and day!
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2020, 06:19:48 PM »

I'd love to get Steven Seagal's On Deadly Ground (1994) on blu ray since it is currently very hard to find. I did manage to order Disney's Song Of The South (1946) on blu ray before the BLM people get it banned worldwide.  Cheers

I was an extra in "ON DEADLY GROUND"  In the opening scene where the oil rig is on fire.  Segal is a bigger a***ole than the media portrays him.  And yes, they don't paint a pretty picture of him to begin with.
pennywise37

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2020, 01:05:50 AM »

really? i enjoy that one to be honest and i didn't know he was even worse than he's already portrayed weather it's by the media or just people who've worked with him. as an actor i like him but in my family we now call him on what he looks like today The fat guy my dad came up with that one. though hard to kill (1990) is my favorite of his.

as for movies i want on blu-ray oh there are so many currently i want to get the Friday the 13th set (1980-2009) but that one can wait for now
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »

you live in mass., dc? i grew up in middleboro!  Cheers

Very cool! Yes, born in Stoneham and have lived here most of my life. I'm currently in Waltham, but am aiming to buy in West Roxbury  Smile

A mini-group of Ma***oles. I'm in Billerica.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Are Your Most Sought After DVDs/Blu-rays? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.