Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:33 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Whats this? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whats this?  (Read 3905 times)
BadTaste_nz
« on: April 04, 2001, 01:36:05 AM »

hey guys

I went to the local video store last night, but i couldnt see any horror films i hadnt seen, i was starting to remember about a film i saw years ago, but i cant remember the title.

It was about (from what i can remember) a docter or dentist guy that was locked up in a psyhco place and he got free and killed a lot of people and he would kill them with docters gear and one scene i can remeber the most (i dunno why) is when he cuts of this dudes dick and he dies of blood loss.

Whats the name of this? HELP!
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2001, 03:34:29 AM »

It almost sounds like the dreaded "Dr. Giggles."   I don't remember the Bobbit bit you describe, but I've been trying to block the "good" doctor's flick out of my head, so who knows?
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2001, 03:53:52 AM »

"Giggles" used an injection of unknown, fatal substance and stomach-pump disembowelment among his bag of tricks; I seem to remember he electrocuted a victim with the "paddles," too. This most-useless of useless slasher movies, directed by the talent-devoid Manny Coto ("Star Kid," "Playroom" yeearrrrgh), starts off with a credit sequence set in the bloodstream of a victim--"Giggles"' own doctor, whom he is performing open-heart surgery on (murdering) prior to his escape from the Looney Bin. It's the only touch of originality in the picture, the rest is strictly naptime. Larry Drake ("Darkman") plays the title character. Hope this rings a bell or two...
Chadzilla
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2001, 11:51:09 AM »

"I know, it sucks."  Giggles to Stomach Pump Victim (har-freakin-har), but it could have been Drake ad libbing about the quality of the movie he was starring in.

There was a scene where some kid climbed into a bed thinking that Dr. Giggles was his girlfriend hiding under the sheets (??) .  The doc holds up a scalpel and asks "Are you wearing a condom?"  I don't kow it if you cut it off or not, I think it was simply implied.

Best death by penis severence was in I Spit on Your Grave.  Rough movie, hard to defend, but one worth seeing at least once just too see how low a movie can go in exploiting humanity's cruelity to itself.
Josh Leman
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2001, 12:06:21 PM »

I seem to remember Dr. Giggles's condom castration comment as something like, "Too bad you didn't wear protection."  But I haven't seen that movie in ages.

I Spit On Your Grave is a great movie to show to people just to see the looks on their faces.  And then you laugh at them and they're like, "You think this is FUNNY!?"  And then you just laugh at them even more.  Oh yeah.
BadTaste_nz
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2001, 03:09:57 PM »

thanks Cullen
im getting it out tonight :)
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2001, 08:06:12 PM »

Yes, that sounds like "Dr. Giggles" w/ Larry Drake to me, too. Luckily, I never saw the movie. Watching the commercial for it on
television was bad enough. And since we are talking about Bobbit,
if one goes to www.imdb.com and keywords in the word "castration," one comes up with 58 films on that topic, ranging from 1932's "Freaks" to 1993's "Farewell My Concubine." That is almost one an year. And the keyword "emasculation" brings up one more film, 1993's "Germinal." And if one is to believe Andrew, that is how Kevin the Scout met his death in "Lair of the White Worm." Enjoy
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Whats this? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.