Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:24:44 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Driller Killer (1979) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Driller Killer (1979)  (Read 6650 times)
claws
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »

hrm, I've seen Driller Killer once back in rental days but I don't remember much about it except for its low budgedness of it all and not being overly impressed. I'd love to revisit one of these days though.
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 04:18:48 PM »

i had to correct my last post OOPS i meant to say i'm not disagreeing with you guys. (1987)'s  Slumber Party Massacre part 2 is a terrible film i used to like it but it's one of those movies that gets worse with each viewing i think. i do have it on VHS though. i really love the 1st film though the killer in that one is really good but the guy's acting who plays him is terrible, he was good up until he opens his mouth near the end of the film. and a woman wrote and directed that one he he.

i think on part 2 as well i think? but i'm not 100% sure on that one to be fair. i don't have all of them and i haven't seen Cheerleader Massacre yet. but i'm sure at some point i will. i agree though about one thing that drill from the guitar was freaking awesome and really creative too. ya know on how i think if you want to make a movie like Slumber Party Massacre you should at least try and make a good film, i'm sure they do but sometimes you wonder what they were smoking when they decided to go with the scrips they end up using and sometimes even the actors they end up using as well
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »

I liked DRILLER KILLER for the simple reason it's not a cut and paste slasher film.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 07:12:52 PM »

fair enough, there's a lot of movies that can for me be harder to watch the worse the acting is. the acting is  terrible &  in driller killer . one thing that really has me have a hard time to sit through it is 1. Reno is such a whiner and really he's not that good of an actor to begin with.

that hurts a film, another is i can only take so much of hearing Peter Gunn's theme so much. Final Exam a (1981) film that i watched about a month or so ago i think it was? that one is an even worse film and the reason that one was so bad wasn't so much the acting, actually the acting in that was better than in Driller Killer to be fair, it was the script the film was awful because the script was so awful, the killer had no reason to kill anyone at all, now if he was someone who escaped from the loony bin that's different. it never said if he was or even his name or why he is killing everyone right and left. yes Reno started killing because of all the crap that he was dealing with. that at least give him a decent reason ya know?

or if a film like Halloween where Michael Myers though never given a reason why he kills it's written so well that we know he's a Psycho.  in Final Exam none of that is there, Course Halloween had a guy with actual talent writing it Final exam did not
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 07:29:54 PM »

fair enough, there's a lot of movies that can for me be harder to watch the worse the acting is. the acting is  terrible &  in driller killer . one thing that really has me have a hard time to sit through it is 1. Reno is such a whiner and really he's not that good of an actor to begin with.

that hurts a film, another is i can only take so much of hearing Peter Gunn's theme so much. Final Exam a (1981) film that i watched about a month or so ago i think it was? that one is an even worse film and the reason that one was so bad wasn't so much the acting, actually the acting in that was better than in Driller Killer to be fair, it was the script the film was awful because the script was so awful, the killer had no reason to kill anyone at all, now if he was someone who escaped from the loony bin that's different. it never said if he was or even his name or why he is killing everyone right and left. yes Reno started killing because of all the crap that he was dealing with. that at least give him a decent reason ya know?

or if a film like Halloween where Michael Myers though never given a reason why he kills it's written so well that we know he's a Psycho.  in Final Exam none of that is there, Course Halloween had a guy with actual talent writing it Final exam did not

I actually watched Final Exam not that long ago too. I actually liked that the killer was just a guy. Since I’ve seen so many slashers it was kind of a nice change of pace they didn’t even bother to give him a back story. It’s not good storytelling or anything, and was probably just done out of laziness, but I kind of chuckled to myself when we first got a good view of him. I can’t recall if it’s early in the movie or toward the end, but when I realized it’s wasn’t any character we’ve been introduced to and the guy really has nothing to distinguish him, well it’s certainly a minimalist route to take lol. Totally in a, “We just don’t give a crap” kind of way. I mean at least give him a big ugly scar or something lol.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 07:39:22 PM »

you don't see the FINAL EXAM bad guy till the last 20 minutes or so iirc...

he has no back story in the film but, in the trailer it says "He came back..." in an ominous tone of voice. wonder what that's about

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
pennywise37

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 08:27:03 PM »

that's my point why did come back? also i don't expect killing to start in a horror movie  10 minutes in if you want it done right watch (1981)'s The Burning that movie is freaking awesome and so worth watching. the first dead body in that was i think about 40 or 45 minutes into the film and it worked i think doing it that way. so it didn't bother me that they did that in final exam but... why did he come back?
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2020, 09:06:29 PM »

you don't see the FINAL EXAM bad guy till the last 20 minutes or so iirc...

he has no back story in the film but, in the trailer it says "He came back..." in an ominous tone of voice. wonder what that's about

The guy editing the trailer didn’t watch the movie. Mystery solved  BounceGiggle
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2020, 06:59:07 AM »

I guess it's better than those trailers which attempt to show you the entire film including every murder and the twist

dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2020, 07:07:52 AM »

I guess it's better than those trailers which attempt to show you the entire film including every murder and the twist

Oh goodness I was just diving into my Something Weird DVDs yesterday and a bunch of them do that. Like the trailer for Axe (1974) especially the one with the original title Lisa, Lisa.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2020, 10:00:51 AM »

can't remember which 70s/80s horror it was, but I had one that explained the entire plot including the twist ending on the back of the actual dvd case!

pennywise37

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2020, 03:29:10 PM »

if you want a good laugh cause i think it's funny, years ago i borrowed the sleepaway camp from a friend who has since passed away. not from the virus thankfully,
he's been gone a few years now. anyways, it was the Box set and i looked at the booklet it had and it said what Angela is yet it didn't register with me at all

because even though i read the booklet about the films i was still shocked when it came to the end of the 1st film.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2020, 05:54:12 AM »

yeah, you don't wanna know anything about Angela before watching that...

I'm pretty sure I have some booklets which even say "this booklet contains spoilers, do not read before watching the movie!".... possibly Arrow releases do this?

pennywise37

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2020, 07:00:24 PM »

as for the box set that came out i have no idea who released it cause it's been so many years ya  know?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2020, 03:02:18 PM »

I have Driller Killer on DVD . . . I pop it in and watch it about once every 2 or 3 years . . . usually on a Saturday night after 11 p.m.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Driller Killer (1979) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.