Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:39:22 AM
714330 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What was your worst subject in school? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What was your worst subject in school?  (Read 5040 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: June 29, 2020, 02:05:39 PM »

Mine was math.
Algebra the most. I have never used algebra at any time in my whole life.
I was real good with history, English, and art.
I was ok in gym- just because I could run fast and tackle people in flag football. Of course I wasn't suppsed to tackle anybody in flag football, but I did anyway. I was little- I just wrapped my whole body around some big dumbass's leg and held on until he fell down. Which did not endear me into the jock crowd at all.
I liked science too.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 02:08:01 PM »

I once got kick outa shop because I couldn't keep up with all the written work.....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 02:13:07 PM »

^ I was actually not very good doing blueprints. It bored me. I was good in wood working. I knew how to work on cars easy- we did it at home and after school all the time. My best friends were gear heads. And farmers. I was neither. I was an artist. I was the 'hippie' of the gang.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 03:00:24 PM »

I wanted to take auto shop in HS, but was told I "wouldn't like it", & got talked into print shop....

Then in the wild world of employment, I never made my way out the bindery unless it was to janitorial, and I've got two motorbikes out in the garage that I don't know what to do with.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 03:25:59 PM »

^ Well, f**k! No wonder you seem so p**sed off.  Bluesad
If you were my neighbor, I could  ask my cousin Ronny to get that bike going! He won trophy's in enduros in the 70's and 80's. And he's a gear head from  the day he was born in 1958! He has winches and motors hanging from chains on trees all over 12 acres.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:12:38 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:34:16 PM »

English. We studied a book called 'Cone Gatherers'. When we were being taught about the book they talked about how it was a parable of the life of Jesus. In an interview with the author, he said all that was so much bollocks. When it came to the exam, I answered the questions on it honestly and didn't score very highly.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 03:38:40 PM »

Anything math related. To this day, anything beyond basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division is out of my league.

...which was really fun during the last few weeks of my kids' Coronavirus-altered school year, where they were doing lessons online and asked ME for help with math stuff.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
LilCerberus

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 03:57:48 PM »

I have ADD, Asperger's, & dysgraphia, so I was bad at everything until the fourth grade & they finally put me in special class.

Then I got good at every thing, so they thought I was cured, so in the fifth grade they took me out of special class & I got bad at everything again, but they didn't understand why.

My second stent in the eighth grade I moved to El Paso, which didn't have special class at the time, so they put me in bad kids class, and as such, when I moved to Houston the following year, I got written off for bad kids class instead of special class.

Now I have PTSD.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 04:16:32 PM »

^ I never finished school. I quit when I was 16.
I hated school. I hated my parents. I hitch hiked to NYC from Michigan. I was homeless in the Bronx for a year.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:21:13 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »

I hated school.

Same here. I was so glad when school was over. I closed the chapter by burning all my class photos and whatever school stuff I still had at home. Going to a class reunion never crossed my mind because most of the kids in my class were strangers, barely interacted with them all those years.

Worst subject? Religion. It was the worst because it was so boring. Our religion teacher was a mousy, humorless and uptight woman that never got married.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 05:34:02 PM »

^ They taught you religion? There was no such class in the 70's. Where did you go to school at?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 05:45:01 PM »

Small | Large

claws
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 11:38:47 PM »

^ They taught you religion? There was no such class in the 70's. Where did you go to school at?

Germany. To be more precise it is called Religious education class here.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 02:07:47 AM »

We have (or at least had, I have no idea if it is still compulsory), religious education classes in the UK as well. Also used to have some form of religious observance, but that was normally palmed off as daily recitation of the lords prayer. In all the years I had to say it I don't think I ever once said it right. Mostly as a kid, I was convinced the lords name was Harold.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 06:52:06 AM »

Mine was math.
Algebra the most. I have never used algebra at any time in my whole life.

I flunked Algebra in High School and had to retake it the following year. 
Several years later, I had to take it in college in order to move forward.  It was one of the happy coincidences of my life because at that time, I had a job in which I had to write algorithms.  I aced the course because algorithms are all Algebra and the job and course intersected perfectly.  I advanced quickly and eventually got the only job I loved.  I worked in that job the longest of any job I've had. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What was your worst subject in school? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.