Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:37 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 83
Author Topic: Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection  (Read 205125 times)
pacman000
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2021, 06:41:56 PM »

I’m sorry; our house is on natural gas, but we sell bottles of propane @ work. It’s hard to get them right now; companies have been holding back shipments because we’re in a red zone. (If memory serves.) We did get some in before Xmas.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2021, 10:28:17 PM »

I’m sorry; our house is on natural gas, but we sell bottles of propane @ work. It’s hard to get them right now; companies have been holding back shipments because we’re in a red zone. (If memory serves.) We did get some in before Xmas.

Wait, is this you?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pacman000
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2021, 11:34:19 PM »

BounceGiggle No; we sell hardware. Propane bottles are a relatively recent addition.
claws
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2021, 11:48:59 PM »

I read about Facebook algorithm and I still don't know what it means. There's mention of "organic reach" and I'm like, ok.

Algorithm without Facebook seems complicated enough. We didn't learn about that in school.

There isn't a single "Facebook algorithm." There's one algorithm for determining which friends to suggest, one for which ads to display, etc. The algorithms themselves are too complicated for lay people to understand, all you need to know is that a computer program makes decisions about what to display to you based on its analysis of what you click on.

I'd figured as much. Either way, the "Facebook Algorithm" got it mostly wrong with the stuff they are recommending and showing me on Facebook. For some reason they think I'm a gamer who likes east european women and enjoy streaming. I don't do any of that and I have never clicked on such things.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:50:56 AM by claws » Logged
pacman000
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2021, 08:41:47 AM »

NorthernLight, the late 90’s search engine, still exists in a limited capacity: https://millie.northernlight.com/dashboardfolder.php
claws
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2021, 11:20:41 AM »

I'm getting Adolf Hitler book recommendations in ads here. RC needs to tone down his Hitler admiration  BounceGiggle
pacman000
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2021, 12:44:41 PM »

Usually ads are based on your browsing history. What other sites do you go to? 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2021, 01:11:19 PM »

I'm getting Adolf Hitler book recommendations in ads here. RC needs to tone down his Hitler admiration  BounceGiggle

Huh? I admire Hitler? News to me!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:23:26 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2021, 02:28:56 PM »

Usually ads are based on your browsing history. What other sites do you go to? 

Lots, but this is the only forum I visit that is full of Hitler gifs and whatnot  Buggedout
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2021, 07:12:02 PM »

Still no propane.  A friend loaned us a couple of electric heaters, but damn, I'm cold.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2021, 10:22:36 PM »

The mass exodus from Twitter & FaceBook has been pretty explosive......

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »

speaking of badmovies...the slo mo effect I attempted failed and it uploaded into not widescreen which obscured all the stuff on the sides https://www.instagram.com/p/CKN2H9Mhdss/ I'm the Ed Wood of skateboarding
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:59:30 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2021, 11:10:33 PM »

speaking of badmovies...the slo mo effect I attempted failed and it uploaded into not widescreen which obscured all the stuff on the sides https://www.instagram.com/p/CKN2H9Mhdss/ I'm the Ed Wood of skateboarding

You're a better skater than I lester1/2jr
At least you can...
Small | Large

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2021, 02:41:07 PM »

thank you! that thing was big and slippery and not exactly easy to skate but I did try
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2021, 03:25:31 PM »

Whenever I see this thread pop up now, I always seem to read it as "Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the insurrection."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 83
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.