Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:22:38 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Strange DVD/Blu-ray Extras « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite Strange DVD/Blu-ray Extras  (Read 2098 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 01, 2020, 07:35:16 AM »

A new favorite of mine has to be Cannibal Massage. It is a short black and white film that is an extra on Something Weird Video’s Mad Butcher DVD. It has nothing to do with the movie outside of the common theme of cannibalism.

It was just so random and is actually really well shot. Also, little info exist on the origin of this short. I contributed to a thread on the Classic Horror film forum and folks there narrowed it down to most likely being from the early 1970s and possibly an NYU student film.

For those curious this short is actually available in two parts on YouTube. I highly recommend it if you have about 20 minutes to spare.

Anyway, what strange extras have you folks experienced and enjoyed?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 07:57:48 AM »

I got Man of Steel on bluray

for some reason, there's a random thing on Lord of the Rings in the special features  Question Question Question

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 02:35:10 PM »

my dvd of THE LAST HORROR FILM has as a bonus extra of all the footage (I think?) shot for the never-completed follow up to MANIAC... (which is only about 10 mins of footage but still cool, and an extremely graphic death)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »

definitely the various ray harryhausen doc extras on my harryhausen dvds. he is still one of my heroes and was SUCH a nice man.

don't EVEN...EVER!
claws
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 11:40:14 PM »

I used to watch most if not all extras on DVDs before they introduced blu-rays. Not sure if I recall an out-of-place weird extra. My family enjoyed the "what's your death date" feature on the Final Destination DVD. One of my death dates was December 2nd, 2002. Not strange but quite cool was the Jukebox feature on the Boogie Nights DVD. Sadly they didn't port that one over for the blu-ray release. Extras I really hated were the Lloyd Kaufmann intros on Troma DVDs. They were annoying nonsense not related to the actual feature.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 06:24:00 PM »

Most Troma DVDs have plenty of fun extras.  Their best IMHO is "CANNIABAL: THE MUSICAL!" BY Trey Parker and Matt Stone.   Their commenitary is one of the best on any DVD to date.

Older DVDs (in the early 00's) have quite a few cool extras that don't seem to have carried on since the 10s')  like Die Hard (I) where you can re edit your own scene
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Strange DVD/Blu-ray Extras « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.