Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:24:22 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RIP John Saxxon. What did you watch to honor him? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RIP John Saxxon. What did you watch to honor him?  (Read 6307 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 27, 2020, 01:13:29 AM »

Last night, we watched THE PRISONERS OF THE LOST UNIVERSE.   

The first glaring mistake I noticed was the film failing to pass off South Africa as California when the cars all had steering wheels on the right hand side.   It goes downhill after that.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 01:30:05 AM »

Enter the Dragon & Cannibal Apocalypse. The second of those is a film he said he'd wished he'd never been in.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 10:28:01 AM »

Gonna spin either "Battle Beyond the Stars" or "Hands of Steel" aka "Atomic Cyborg" when I get a chance.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 10:31:28 AM »

I've actually watched Beyond Evil (1980) last week Tuesday.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 01:36:26 PM »

wasn't aware he passed away, sad   

having a look at AFTERSHOCK on youtube. never heard of it until now but seems fun

not seen BLACK XMAS in at least 10 yrs so might go for that too

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
pennywise37

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 06:59:48 PM »

nothing but i really need to, he did so much crap that it's not even funny but there really aren't that many of his films that i did see to be honest.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 07:20:23 PM »

I missed this news, but I will certainly watch "Enter the Dragon".

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
pennywise37

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »

ya i keep forgetting that i even have that to be honest, i had borrowed it from a friend of mine the DVD i mean years ago and than he passed away and i never had a chance to give it back to him so it's mine now apparently. now i just need to watch it
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »

Last night, we watched THE PRISONERS OF THE LOST UNIVERSE.  

The first glaring mistake I noticed was the film failing to pass off South Africa as California when the cars all had steering wheels on the right hand side.   It goes downhill after that.

It's no wonder you belong to this website.  

...not seen BLACK XMAS in at least 10 yrs so might go for that too

I haven't seen BLACK CHRISTMAS in many years.  That movie is good.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:23:32 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 03:39:23 AM »

you know that film was kind of ruined for me, i found out about the ending before i saw it and so i didn't love it like many of here do i'm sure. what i didn't expect was to enjoy the remake better and i'm not taking about the one that came out last year i haven't seen that one to be fair. but the remake from what (2006)  i had high expectations for the Original they were low for the remake.

but having said that i'm not saying the Original is a bad film at all cause it isn't.  i really don't remember if i've said that before and if i have i apologize
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 11:11:47 AM »

you know that film was kind of ruined for me, i found out about the ending before i saw it and so i didn't love it like many of here do i'm sure. what i didn't expect was to enjoy the remake better and i'm not taking about the one that came out last year i haven't seen that one to be fair. but the remake from what (2006)  i had high expectations for the Original they were low for the remake.

but having said that i'm not saying the Original is a bad film at all cause it isn't.  i really don't remember if i've said that before and if i have i apologize

You don't have to apologize to anybody, you're entitled to your opinion.  I myself dislike MARY POPPINS and THE SOUND OF MUSIC... and the're great films.  Lookingup
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:25:16 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 09:55:15 PM »

well you know how some people are when it comes to comes movies, personally i think the film No country for old men (2007) is one of the worst movies i've ever seen it's just a boring ass confusing mess when i had to go look up online to see what happened to it's lead. 

but that film won best film of the year go figure. i don't hate the cohen bros though barton Fink (1991) is genius i think
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 10:14:50 AM »

No Country is quite stylish in its own way but it's so bleak I couldn't really warm to it... It's like the hollow shell of a Coen bros movie.

about to watch HANDS OF STEEL. I've got the 88films blueray. somehow I forgot John Saxon was in it until FatFreddysCat mentioned it

also one of the stuntmen helicopter pilots died during production

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 03:12:41 AM »

I honored his passing with Enter The Dragon (1973). That's really the only movie that I ever liked him in.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
pennywise37

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 05:25:15 AM »

really? he's great in Elm Street 1  and 3 and 7 as well anyways i don't hate the cohen bros actually growing up i loved Raising Arizona (1987) but i cannot tell you the last time i saw it i think i was in my 20's so i have no idea what i'd think of it now. i also do love The Hudsucker Proxy (1994) that film is utterly brilliant.

i think i mentioned that i did see Burn While Reading (2008) and though it was a bit better than no country for old men (2007) it still was a meh film and clooney and pitt was just simply awful in it.  i mean Clooney was Return of the killer Tomatoes (1988) bad in it.

and i have been a fan of Clooney since his Roseanne Days actually. i keep forgetting to look up what other films i've seen him in. one he was in but only in a cameo is "It Should Happen to you (1954) it's also Jack Lemmon' s1st film as well and a pretty good one too. if you watch it and are curious Saxon is in the park taking pictures. i think he had to be 18 when he made that one. he also was in "The Evil Eye (1963) and i think that was one i thought was pretty good

than you have the classic and i say that loosely "Mitchell' (1975) i say it like that cause it's my favorite all time favorite MSTK3000 episode and i just love that episode so much. growing up i liked My Mom's a Werewolf (1989) but i dunno about now though cause i haven't seen it in years! i do love him in Beverly Hills Cop 3. (1994) see i love all 3 of those while most people seem to hate part 3 i don't i love them all
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RIP John Saxxon. What did you watch to honor him? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.