Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:13 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies By Good Directors « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Bad Movies By Good Directors  (Read 26555 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 02, 2020, 08:23:08 PM »

Have you ever watched a movie that was directed by someone you love and then felt really let down?

Well, if I have, I don't remember. So share yours instead.

The only rule is no M. Night Shyamalan movies. I don't think he qualifies as a "good" director anymore.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »

The IRISHMAN by Scorsese.
Bloated remix of all his other (better) gangster movies. And even with cgi, DeNiro still is waaay to old for the part. And all the other usual suspects called in their performances.
Waaay to long as well.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 08:37:12 PM »

Tarintino's the HATEFUL EIGHT is so f**king long winded. Bored the f^ck outta me.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 12:48:55 AM »

Ghosts of Mars by John Carpenter. Several of the actors (Ice Cube most glaring) just don't seem to fit into their roles resulting in a very clunky movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 07:21:01 AM »

North by Rob Reiner

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 07:32:11 AM »

Not a bad movie, but Stanley Kubrick’s Barry Lyndon could have been much better with some tweaks. Most notably not casting Ryan O’Neal in the lead. For context this was only a few years removed from A Clockwork Orange, which in my opinion is Kubrick’s best film. Malcolm McDowell wanted to work with Kubrick again and would have been perfect in that role.

How you choose Ryan O’Neal over Malcolm McDowell is beyond me.

And it’s not like those were Kubrick’s only two options. Even if Kubrick didn’t want to cast McDowell for whatever reason he had no shortage of great leading men to choose from in the mid 1970s.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 07:40:25 AM »

David Lynch - INLAND EMPIRE

Coen bros - INTOLERABLE CRUELTY

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 09:12:50 AM »

Burn After Reading by  Joel and Ethan Coen

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 09:49:42 PM »

Hitch's Rear Window (1954) is loved by many and is considered one of his best but it's not that i think it's awful i just find it meh it just doesn't do anything for me.

other films by him '(1934)'s first of  The man who knew too much i  find it awful, (1930)'s Murder it's terrible.

Cohen Bros. No country for old men (2007) i'm prolly the only one on this entire site that thought that film was utterly garbage and i can live with that
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 01:12:26 AM »

Cohen Bros. No country for old men (2007) i'm prolly the only one on this entire site that thought that film was utterly garbage and i can live with that

Well, there is two of us at least. I didn't think it was garbage, but found it profoundly boring.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
pennywise37

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 01:46:54 AM »

i can live with that, see i never read the book, when i went and saw it i thought the film was going to be about those drug dealers and that ugly mofo was going to be part of it, that would have made it a far better film had it been like that to be honest. but yes i was bored out of my mind and at some point no joke i said to myself uh where's Josh Brolin? why isn't he at the end of the film? well so i came home and looked it up on the IMDB boards which were still around back than.

man do i miss those and i had to have someone tell me he was killed well it was shot where you do not see him at all get killed.  so i went uh oh kay.....

than i told my mom not to rent it when it comes out, she ignored me and it took her no joke 2 days to watch it my dad fell asleep on it but he can fall asleep on anything pretty much. but he did say it was boring as well my mom ended up having to pay a late fee!  than a friend of her's rented it and regretted it as well after she was told it was awful she regretted it as well.

ya know the last one i saw of theirs was that Hollywood one from a few years back i forget the title of it and honestly that wasn't that bad of a film it wasn't great by any means but it was a film i was glad i watched.  i'll never watch it again though and if i recall that one actually flopped when it came out which goes to show not every film of theirs is a hit.

but many people seem to love it and when it won best picture of the year i went WTF?
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 04:50:19 AM »

Ugh..  John Huston has done so many good flicks-- Maltese Falcon, Man Who Would Be King, African Queen, Asphalt Jungle, Prizzi's Honor, etc.  And he also crapped out PHOBIA (1980).  Really bad horror flick about a psychatrist's patients who are murdered in ways tied to their phobias. 
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 07:15:32 AM »

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A movie that fails to capture any of the fun of the other entries in the series. Features way too many predictable moments rehashed from the earlier (and superior) prequels. Plenty of big-name actors wasting their time on screen.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 09:05:16 AM »

Dario Argento... there's a lot of places I could go here, but THE CARD PLAYER is really bad. really hard to take on 1st viewing, on 2nd viewing I quite enjoyed its badness

Burn After Reading by  Joel and Ethan Coen
this one seems quite divisive... it's probably my 2nd or 3rd fav Coen bros movie. a magnificent farce/shaggy dog story. I can kind of see why some might hate it though

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 01:35:30 PM »

Hitch's Rear Window (1954) is loved by many and is considered one of his best but it's not that i think it's awful i just find it meh it just doesn't do anything for me.

other films by him '(1934)'s first of  The man who knew too much i  find it awful, (1930)'s Murder it's terrible.

I actually made a thread once about NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN because I think it's a terrible movie, not sure what happened to that particular discussion tho.
I recently watched REAR WINDOW and I thought it was ok, yet I couldn't stand VERTIGO too much.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies By Good Directors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.