Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:34:27 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies You Can’t Bring Yourself To Watch « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Bad Movies You Can’t Bring Yourself To Watch  (Read 19425 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »

Exorcist II was laughable s**t. An awful film. You can put any twist on it you want...it's a BAD movie!
I enjoy it for that reason alone.

Yeah, I used to enjoy watching it drunk too.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2020, 01:48:08 PM »

This same question was asked in a FB group I am in. The most common responses are 'A Serbian Movie' & the 'Human Centipede' trilogy. I did add Jeepers Creepers to the list, although that comes down to the director and his history rather than the movie itself.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »

Jeepers Creepers (2001)  holy Sh*t is that movie just plain awful i forget who played the lead but it wasn't so much his acting but the character was so annoying to me that i prayed he was killed and i cheered when he was he was that painful to have to sit through i give that movie 1/10 with the 1 being him being killed off.

the 2nd one to be fair was a bit bitter i'd say 5/10 to be fair i have not seen the last one yet as i just cannot bring myself to watch it
claws
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »

as dcj2112 said, jump scares don't really count

I'd say they do. They are part of the movie experience meant to give the viewer an extra jolt, nothing wrong with that. Spielberg's "head" scene in Jaws is a classic jump scare. The Nurse jump scare in Exorcist 3 is legendary. The Conjuring has a few well placed jump scares without coming off as cheap and tacky. But even the cheapest jump scare can be fun especially when watching with a crowd IMO.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2020, 11:39:03 AM »

yeah fair enough I get where you're coming from, and the JAWS jump scare is definitely classic...they can be done well, but I think what's happened is the whole jumpscare thing has become a cop-out with horror, especially since the mid 90s. horrors have become way too over reliant on them.

take a film like the remake of PATRICK. pretty much every time a door opens or someone bats their eyelids it's a jump scare... complete overkill IMO

it's a different type of scare. not a haunting, atmospheric scare, which I prefer.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 11:42:25 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2020, 01:52:16 PM »

Regarding the "getting scared" discussion, I remember when THE EXORCIST was relaunched we watched it with a group of friends from school and we were laughing the whole movie until the crab-girl-going-down-the-stairs showed up. Holy s**t, we all froze and shut up there, it was awesome. To this day I remember that scene, even when I haven't watched the movie since.
Recently I watched SLEEPAWAY CAMP and, while not scary, the final scene was incredibly disturbing, and left me with a feeling of unease the whole night. It definitely grabs you by the balls, that ending.
Nowadays I don't get scared by movies but IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS gets me every time. I don't know why, but that movie is simply perfect to me. The overall mood and scenery is haunting, the special effects are amazing (contorsionist girl FTW), and Sam Neill really knows how to show his fear and growing madness. By far my favorite horror and Carpenter movie.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2020, 03:09:22 PM »

as dcj2112 said, jump scares don't really count

I'd say they do. They are part of the movie experience meant to give the viewer an extra jolt, nothing wrong with that. Spielberg's "head" scene in Jaws is a classic jump scare. The Nurse jump scare in Exorcist 3 is legendary. The Conjuring has a few well placed jump scares without coming off as cheap and tacky. But even the cheapest jump scare can be fun especially when watching with a crowd IMO.

They are much more effective in movie theaters than they are at home though. The Nurse jump scare would not have been anywhere near as satisfying if I hadn't been watching it in a movie theater full of people waiting for something to happen in that scene, but that one is exceptional because the way that the jump scare was set up was absolute genius. When you watch it now 30 years later, the jump scare is almost laughable because of how simple it is; just a lady with a blanket over her head and holding the blade, and a sudden zoom of the camera and frightening music. But in 1990, being in an entire room of screaming people seeing it for the first time was a wonderful experience.   Cheers
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:11:38 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
pennywise37

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »

i hate jump scares i really do only cause they are so overused these days, these idiots think that if you make a horror film it's got to have them and you don't.

there are a lot of ways to scare people a good example in a non horror film is the film Rasputin and the Emperess (1932) with the 3 Barrymore Siblings where it's based on a true story there's a scene where the family is taken down in the basement and killed they don't show it but you see shadows and hear screams and it's made more even frighting because you don't see it. and it's even scarier because that actually did happen in real life anyways, the Annabelle movies are creepy

i watched the 1st one though the doll creeped me out with it's dead eyes the film was just plain awful and the 2nd one was decent but was awful as i hated the ending once they had the girl who was the lead we are suppose to root for get taken over by evil i stopped liking it and well yeah that can work but on how that character was written and why we were suppose to root for her is why it lost me.

when you make a horror film you don't have to do jump scares at all to make a good horror film, it doesn't have to be bloody or gory either for that matter. i don't often get scared from movies but every few years one does get to me but it's very RARE though when or if it does. if you make a haunted house film you don't have to have jump scares if filmed right and it's got a director and writer who know what they are doing if a good script is involved you can totally leave out

the jump scares i think. as a kid the one in Friday the 13th used to get  to me even when i knew it was coming but it no longer does though the best one though is in Carrie (1976) cause it hadn't been done before now it's way overdone to the point that they do like 20 or 30 of them it feels like in a great deal of horror films today sadly.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2020, 02:20:57 PM »

Recently I watched SLEEPAWAY CAMP and, while not scary, the final scene was incredibly disturbing, and left me with a feeling of unease the whole night. It definitely grabs you by the balls, that ending.

Now that is some thing I don't need to look at again.   Thumbdown Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2020, 04:33:47 PM »

Sometimes, a movie is BORING which of and by itself is the kiss o' death. "IT'S ALIVE!" (1969) complete with quotes as part of the title, is undoubtedly the most BORING movie I have ever looked at.  I'd wanna peek and catch a horrible moment or two, but crimey I can't bring myself to watch... again. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2020, 07:23:32 PM »

Grease 2.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »

SLEDGEHAMMER (1983) is BAD. Everything is in  super slow-mo. It takes almost 2 minutes for someone to open a f**king door. And it's mostly just a closeup of someone's hand holding a doorknob- not moving at all!
It also makes no sense. The acting is not there at all. The people in this movie are so obnoxious, I'm glad they die.
I so wanted to turn this off within the first 5 minutes.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2020, 10:25:55 PM »

Don't watch Bucky Larson that's godawful...poor Christina Ricci shouldn't have been anywhere near that movie...

I tend to find myself avoiding stuff like the Human Centipede, the Saw movies, etc...

I'm trying to avoid watching certain remakes too that were completely unnecessary (The Day the Earth Stood Still, Planet of the Apes) but suspect curiosity will eventually get the better of me...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2020, 01:13:35 AM »

The Michael Mfume "movie" Ax Em (aka The Weekend It Lives) which I read about in the book The Bad Movie Bible. I managed five minutes of it, no more.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2020, 07:16:12 AM »

I recently watched JOKER, I encourage everyone who hasn't seen it yet to add it to their list for this thread.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies You Can’t Bring Yourself To Watch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.