Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:25:41 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things You’d Do Involving Bad Movies If You Had a Ton of Money? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Things You’d Do Involving Bad Movies If You Had a Ton of Money?  (Read 20975 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 31, 2020, 09:01:21 AM »

I was going to say a million, but honestly that doesn’t get you so far these days. And a billion just sounds cartoonish. So let’s just say the genetic “bunch o’ money”

As for me I’ve noticed fewer and fewer of bad movie directors from the drive thru era are around. However, guys like Dario Argento, Ruggero Deodato, William Grefe, Frank Hennenlotter, etc are still kicking. I’d love to set my money ablaze by hiring each to direct a new horror movie then license some of their older work. Put it all together and launch a streaming service. Or if I really want to make sure I throw away all the money I’d make it a DVD company so I could put on all the bells and whistles of special features with these releases :)

Not too related, but I figured I’d mention it. If I had that hypothetical big bucket o’ cash I’d also hire David Lynch to stand around. Every so often I’d rattle off something pretentious he did then follow it up with, “You’re such an a***ole.” As a condition he wouldn’t be able to retort he’d just have to sit there and take it. I have a feeling I’d be hanging out with David Lynch a lot because I have A LOT of material to work with.
pacman000
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »

I'll go with a million.

Split it into 10 $100k increments, & make 10 B-Movies.

Each movie is allowed 1 special FX piece, like a monster or space ship, budgeted at $1000. Each movie is allowed 1 month to shoot. Each film is allowed a $50k budget; the rest of the money ios for marketing or cost over-runs.

Release these movies in January, February, August, & September, when there's little competition.

Then see what sticks.

Alternatively, I could go with $100k split into 10 $10k movies. Same special FX cost & shooting schedule; just everyone else is paid less.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 10:21:37 PM »

I'll go with a million.

Split it into 10 $100k increments, & make 10 B-Movies.

Each movie is allowed 1 special FX piece, like a monster or space ship, budgeted at $1000. Each movie is allowed 1 month to shoot. Each film is allowed a $50k budget; the rest of the money ios for marketing or cost over-runs.

Release these movies in January, February, August, & September, when there's little competition.

Then see what sticks.

Alternatively, I could go with $100k split into 10 $10k movies. Same special FX cost & shooting schedule; just everyone else is paid less.

That sounds like the Godfrey Ho school of movie making.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 03:55:03 AM »

I would pay every archive in the world to send us every South African film they have: we might even find some of the lost silents.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 08:35:02 AM »

Open a revival theater and just show old BAD movie double features. With a weed shop in the lobby selling edibles.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 12:37:02 PM »

WEEKEND AT BERNIES 3
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 01:06:24 PM »

WEEKEND AT BERNIES 3

I was going to suggest something, but I can't beat that.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 04:14:18 PM »

Lavalantula 3

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 09:25:11 PM »

For a start, I would create my own Sketch comedy & horror show for internet & public access cable....
And I would show Triumph Of The Will the weekend before every election...

Next, I would set up a pair of big screen TVs on my front porch, & show Nosferatu (this version http://www.badmovies.org/movies/nosferatu/) every Halloween As I passed out candy!

Then, I might buy one of the abandoned offices, restaurants or nightclubs up the street from me & turn it into a second run cinema, with Classic Baddies Midnight Movies!

Just for myself, I'd go looking for some of the out takes & lost footage from Mad Max, Galaxy Of Terror, and Huntress: Spirit Of The Night...

Finally, having a little experience in the field, and a few acquaintances who might be attracted to resources & capital, I'd find someplace between 288 & the city line to start making my own gosh awful, laughably bad little stinkers....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »

Awesome home theater set-up...

Some of those lost gems I've been meaning to see....

A few trips to either bad movie locations or out of state conventions

and i would like trying my hand at making some b-movie props or creature creation

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 03:07:02 PM »

buy and burn every copy of Bucky Larson in  the entire world

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 02:17:01 AM »

buy and burn every copy of Bucky Larson in  the entire world

As long as you remember watching the film, Bucky Larson will never die!  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Insert evil, indeed maniacal laugh.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 01:39:43 PM »

Find a '69 Charger, get it fixed up, then paint it orange, then....

Paint a Roman numeral 4 (IV) on the doors, 'cause, y'know, I'm the fourth with the family name...

Then I'd paint purple stripes on the roof, 'cause, y'know, purple & orange are my fagging colors for my sound gear....

Then, on each side, above the doors, I'd paint, "WHAT FLAG?".....
That way, if I took it to an auto show or a comic con or something & encountered some woke jerk who was offended by orange '69 chargers, I'd have a crow for them to eat!

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 07:52:08 PM »

A clip on ponytail
A glue on handlebar mustache
a pair of thigh-high horseback riding boots
a big orange diaper & matching bandoleers
Finally, I'd blow twenty thousand dollars on an antique Webley-Fosbery .455 Automatic Revolver

And I would go down to the range dressed like that!

VenomX73

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »

Find a '69 Charger, get it fixed up, then paint it orange, then....

I'd paint her all "satin shadow black" and throw a huge supercharger on!

Lift the rear 5", all M&H Racemaster tires! Blue flames on the hood and front sides  Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things You’d Do Involving Bad Movies If You Had a Ton of Money? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.