Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:26:14 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things You’d Do Involving Bad Movies If You Had a Ton of Money? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Things You’d Do Involving Bad Movies If You Had a Ton of Money?  (Read 20973 times)
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2020, 06:35:24 AM »

Pre digital color films especially in the 60's and 70's to me just had a better atmosphere to them especially if they were set in a eerie environment. 
Perhaps we should use the money to re-create that era's film stock?

Hey, if enthusiasts can bring back Polaroid, nothing involving film's impossible!
They brought back VHS why not.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2020, 07:54:36 AM »

Pre digital color films especially in the 60's and 70's to me just had a better atmosphere to them especially if they were set in a eerie environment. 

Hey, if enthusiasts can bring back Polaroid, nothing involving film's impossible!

Really? Hadn't heard that had made a comeback.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2020, 11:38:34 AM »

Really? Hadn't heard that had made a comeback.

Drew Bolduc did that for one of his movies.
I think it was Science Team...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
pacman000
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2020, 12:19:10 PM »

I don't think anyone's making video tapes or VCRs anymore, but I'm sure there are still new-old-stock tapes someone can use to release a movie on VHS. Probably Betamax too.

Having said that, I think audio tapes are still being produced, so it should be possible to restart video tape production if someone wanted it badly enough. (And had the $$$)

LilCerberus

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2020, 01:20:54 PM »

I don't think anyone's making video tapes or VCRs anymore, but I'm sure there are still new-old-stock tapes someone can use to release a movie on VHS. Probably Betamax too.

Having said that, I think audio tapes are still being produced, so it should be possible to restart video tape production if someone wanted it badly enough. (And had the $$$)

Nyahhhhh..... I think you can still find some at Walmart....
And there's still a market for those doo-dads that transfer your VHS to DVD...

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »

I would buy an atom bomb.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pacman000
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2020, 03:59:22 PM »

I'd try to bring back double-features & pre-feature shorts.
LilCerberus

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2020, 04:32:40 PM »

The couple of local television stations I used to turn to for classic baddies have become rerun channels of the exact same show 24/4, or (ugh) amateur web series!

I think I'd build my own UHF station, with new reruns or we series, with the exception of one or two made locally, just to show that not everything comes from Hollywood......

Maybe add that to my grandiose notion of a retail, manufacturing & production enterprise mentioned earlier......

pacman000
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2021, 05:26:49 PM »

12 frames per second
By 60 seconds in a minute
By 120 minutes in a movie...

You could make an animated movie wit ~90,000 frames. Usually each character in a shot counts as one drawing. Assuming an average of 3 characters per shot, you'd need ~270,000 drawings to complete the movie. Assuming each drawing takes 10 minutes, it would take ~450 hours to complete the film.

That's  ~11 years for one person, working an average work week. Assuming you'd want to get done in about a year, you'd need 10-20 people.

20 x $50,000 = $1,000,000

So I guess, with a million dollars I could make one cartoon movie. Might be able to get that down some with loops, pans, footage reuse, etc. I'd still probably need twice that budget to market it.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2021, 04:15:15 AM »

I was going to say a million, but honestly that doesn’t get you so far these days. And a billion just sounds cartoonish. So let’s just say the genetic “bunch o’ money”

As for me I’ve noticed fewer and fewer of bad movie directors from the drive thru era are around. However, guys like Dario Argento, Ruggero Deodato, William Grefe, Frank Hennenlotter, etc are still kicking. I’d love to set my money ablaze by hiring each to direct a new horror movie then license some of their older work. Put it all together and launch a streaming service. Or if I really want to make sure I throw away all the money I’d make it a DVD company so I could put on all the bells and whistles of special features with these releases :)

Not too related, but I figured I’d mention it. If I had that hypothetical big bucket o’ cash I’d also hire David Lynch to stand around. Every so often I’d rattle off something pretentious he did then follow it up with, “You’re such an a***ole.” As a condition he wouldn’t be able to retort he’d just have to sit there and take it. I have a feeling I’d be hanging out with David Lynch a lot because I have A LOT of material to work with.

Have you not heard of the Showtime produced "Masters Of Horror" show?  Each episode was directed by:  John Landis, Tikashi Miike, John Carpenter, Tobe Hooper, Dario Argento, Stuart Gordon ...to name a few.  Its Amazeballs.  The Miike episode was so horrirfic, Showtime did not air it...but they did release it on the DVd set.   
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2021, 08:59:05 AM »

Redo Damnation Alley with elements from the Fallout games.

Not movies, and probably not considered bad by some:

Complete Sapphire and Steel, UFO, the original Battlestar Galactica, Space: 1999, and Doomwatch.

kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »

Redo Damnation Alley with elements from the Fallout games.

Not movies, and probably not considered bad by some:

Complete Sapphire and Steel, UFO, the original Battlestar Galactica, Space: 1999, and Doomwatch.

If you do get a s**t ton of $$ to make your fantasy come true, please use the Salton Sea as your location to film everything!
pacman000
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »

The Craters of the Moon National Monument in Idaho is also cool.
pacman000
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2021, 07:56:00 PM »

Buy older theaters across the nation to create a vertically-integrated studio empire! Mwah-ha-ha!!!
pacman000
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2021, 10:39:01 AM »

Buy up the rights to old music recordings so I could use them without paying royalties.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things You’d Do Involving Bad Movies If You Had a Ton of Money? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.