Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:51:44 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How Many Unwatched DVDs Do You Have? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How Many Unwatched DVDs Do You Have?  (Read 3906 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 06, 2020, 10:38:05 AM »

I lost track roughly two decades ago  BounceGiggle

For some idea currently I have a nightstand filled with four stacks of DVDs. On my entertainment center I have another four stacks. Each stack is at least 20 DVDs high. That’s 160 DVDs or so. I’m keeping each of those out until I get to them. Then I have a storage tub of DVDs I’ve collected since 2017 some I’ve watched and some I had not. Plus, my old DVD collection I’ve stored at a relative’s house.

So no idea. Definitely in the hundreds though.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 11:06:57 AM »

I only have about 50 DVD's. I have about 300 VHS tapes. I've watched them all. I didn't have TV for awhile after it all went digital.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:45:04 AM »

Half a dozen or so I guess. Back in the days of VHS I only had one unwatched tape. It was of the Nightmare on Elm Street tv series.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »

none... if I buy a dvd/blu ray I always watch them asap. always have done. (whether I make it right to the end is another matter!)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 12:03:06 PM »

I used to have quite a pile of unwatched blu-rays, but I'm down to 3 or 4 these days.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 12:42:19 PM »

none... if I buy a dvd/blu ray I always watch them asap. always have done. (whether I make it right to the end is another matter!)

I don't waste money on something I'm not gonna use. I'm too poor. I don't even own a car. I drive a tractor to the store. Not joking.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 12:44:52 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 10:49:55 PM »

if I had to guess, counting VHS tapes, 10-20

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 06:56:27 AM »

I drive a tractor to the store. Not joking.
nice.... pretty sure the village I grew up in might've had a higher amount of tractor owners than car owners. I would always see them driving down the road and they were speedy! you tend to think of tractors going at 1mph in a field, these things could race along.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 07:14:04 AM »

Far too many!  BounceGiggle  We pick them up at yard sales, cheap.  Any title or cover that appeals.  So they accumulate rapidly.  We've been trying to chip away at the stack.  Once watched they either go into the keep or sell pile.  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:24:40 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 07:26:43 AM »

The unwatched ones I have tend to be ones that other people have bought me that I have no interest in watching (normally I get handed them with the phrase "I saw this one and thought you'd like it", and I'll look at it, smile and say thanks while wondering what the hell they've ever seen me watch that would make them think I want to see a serious drama about 'kitchen sink' issues. One of these days I'll give them away.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 07:36:28 AM »

The unwatched ones I have tend to be ones that other people have bought me that I have no interest in watching (normally I get handed them with the phrase "I saw this one and thought you'd like it", and I'll look at it, smile and say thanks while wondering what the hell they've ever seen me watch that would make them think I want to see a serious drama about 'kitchen sink' issues. One of these days I'll give them away.

The huge unwatched stacks I have are kind of a product of something similar. As a side hustle I sell DVDs online. I mostly sell horror, but if an opportunity arises where I can get inventory that I know is going to sell and has a good enough profit margin I’m going to take it. And any inventory I get I always open one copy to test it to make sure nothing is defective. So I end up having things like Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure and Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Sure I could sell off the test copy as used, but it’s seldom worth it.  Plus it’s good to keep them around just in case the value unexpectedly skyrockets which happens on occasion.

Who knows maybe that copy of Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure will be worth the $94 value it boasts on the cover. Not bloody likely though. By the time I sold my last new copy it was going for $6.10 with free shipping  BounceGiggle
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 08:33:20 PM »

Way way too many, mostly random buys at dollar stores, Wal-mart  bins, goodwills, thrift stores, etc. But it's not just DVD but also Blu rays and VHS too...slowly, very slowly working my way through purging many but also still watch lots of movies on PVR and Netflix too so I never seem to truly make the dents in it I want to...still have found some really cool stuff and watched some truly awful junk this way too....I like far too many different kinds of things be it sci-fi, horror, film noir, crime, sport, comedy, 80s action, anime, kung fu, blaxploitation, etc. especially if it's stuff that looks weird and different. Have a huge weakness for stuff pre-2000s too but I've recently started getting more into stuff like Asian dramas and crime mysteries too. I'd say I've got hundreds unwatched...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 07:33:55 AM »

I got caught up recently but I still have a few leftovers. Maybe 5 MST3Ks I've either never seen or never seen on DVD, plus the rest of the "Batman" TV series box set (I finished disc 1). No unwatched movies at the moment.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 09:35:51 AM »

I have like 5 of those 50 movie mill creek packs, and the only one I have watched even half of is the Martial Arts one, so I'd say over 150 movies on DVD I haven't watched.  I've also been gifted random movies by people who know I like bad movies, and some of them I haven't gotten to yet..  Like, Secret of the Clowns is one, just looks really bad.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:20 AM »

Far too many!  BounceGiggle  We pick them up at yard sales, cheap.  Any title or cover that appeals.  So they accumulate rapidly.  We've been trying to chip away at the stack.  Once watched they either go into the keep or sell pile.  

Our local pawn shops Cash Crusaders and Cash Converters sell DVDs cheaply: anything between $2 and $5 for a DVD.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How Many Unwatched DVDs Do You Have? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.