Main Menu

"No, I am your father" reactions

Started by Trevor, September 08, 2020, 01:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

There's a lot of these on Youtube: speaking personally, I still get chills remembering when I heard those words for the first time in my home town cinema. There was a ripple of horror which ran through the cinema with more than a few people moaning and a few swear words as well: I think most of them came from me.  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

VenomX73

NoOooo! That's not true! That's impossible!
Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

I didn't get to see Empire for some years after Return of the Jedi had come out, and I'd already heard the big reveal by that point alas.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

LilCerberus

I felt indifferent....
I think in a weird way, it was because I'd watched so much cable, & badies, I could somehow see a cliche' coming....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

zelmo73

Quote from: Trevor on September 08, 2020, 01:57:21 PM
There's a lot of these on Youtube: speaking personally, I still get chills remembering when I heard those words for the first time in my home town cinema. There was a ripple of horror which ran through the cinema with more than a few people moaning and a few swear words as well: I think most of them came from me.  :wink:

I remember the "holy sh*t" chuckle from my dad and the *gasp* and "oh noooo" from my mom when my parents took me to see it for the first time in the summer of 1980.
First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"