Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:19:19 PM
714224 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I still remember « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I still remember  (Read 3770 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 02:11:52 PM »

There's very few times in my life I cared about other people.
This was the most memorable.
I did cry that day and again and again.  Alone.  I realized how much I loved this humanity for which I had so much contempt.  I was personally changed that day.  I cared.  I was determined to be a better person. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »

There's very few times in my life I cared about other people.
This was the most memorable.

I had relatives in McLean, VA at the time, which borders The Pentagon, & while for years, they had little to do with me, I had the urge to look up their number & call them....  Got the Answering machine...

I sat & watched the old boob tube with the sound turned down while listening to The Rush Limbaugh Show... There was a guest on that day, so myself & many other Americans were suddenly worried about "him"..... 

Then local talk show host Jim Jacobs was put on the air, who got into an awful lot of rambling, seemingly knowing less about the situation than everyone else in WRVA's broadcast area, and and after a while, got into some long & irritating tangent about how important it was for him to interrupt The Rush Limbaugh Show......

Back then, Rush's streaming service was free, but I had dial up, so my phone was unavailable for a couple hours...
Got more info there than from the tube or that blatherskite that cut him off...

Then the show was over....
Around Five, I heard from my Aunt, who said she was out at the time picking up her daughter from school, and that they lived on the opposite end of McLean, well away from The Pentagon....
Then she told me that my Uncle had been in New York that day, but was at the opposite end of town & didn't see or hear anything, & was on his way home by train.

Watching the nooz that evening, I found out The Richmond Times Dispatch had produced their first extra edition in fifty years, & I was really glad I Had the day off...................

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 03:19:54 PM »

I saw people die. It was scary.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I still remember « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.