Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:20:10 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Actors and Actresses who never played a villian. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Actors and Actresses who never played a villian.  (Read 16633 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2020, 10:01:11 AM »

He (Morgan Freeman) was indeed a bad guy in Dreamcatchers and also in Hard Rain.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2020, 01:27:08 PM »

I was going to suggest Sir Michael Caine and Sir Sean Connery but they've both played villains.

Michael Caine in the ridiculously awful NOW YOU SEE ME and its sequel. Not even his greatness could save that stinker.

But, since I mention that one, what about Morgan Freeman? I'm sure he did played some bad guy but I can't recall any right now. Perhaps DREAMCATCHER? Although that movie is so terrible that basically everyone is a bad guy just for showing up and making it.

He was the bad guy in Dreamcatcher.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2020, 02:21:21 PM »

Despite his heel status in wrestling, I don't think I've seen 'Rowdy' Ronnie Piper play a bad guy on screen.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2020, 02:58:10 PM »

Despite his heel status in wrestling, I don't think I've seen 'Rowdy' Ronnie Piper play a bad guy on screen.

I didn't know he made more then one movie!
I looked on his IMDB page- he's been in all sorsta sh!t!  Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2020, 02:59:35 PM »

Yeah. I can recommend 'Hell Comes To Frogtown' as his second-best movie.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »

Yeah. I can recommend 'Hell Comes To Frogtown' as his second-best movie.
Yeah- I forgot about that one! Made in Michigan, too!  Cheers

I have Donald Jackson's first movie-the DEVIL MASTER (1976) on a clambox vhs! I treasure it!

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:08:35 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2020, 03:10:59 AM »

He (Morgan Freeman) was indeed a bad guy in Dreamcatchers and also in Hard Rain.

Morgan Freeman also ended up being the bad guy in Now You See Me (2013) and Wanted (2008).

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2020, 09:14:04 AM »

SHIRLEY TEMPLE

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2020, 09:29:45 PM »

SHIRLEY TEMPLE

Although not quite a villain, prostitution is a profession of ill repute. Shirley Temple played a prostitute in her first Hollywood role:

Inside The Baby Burlesks

The eight short films saw toddler stars dressed in hyper-sexualized adult clothing. Beneath that, they donned oversized diapers clasped with a safety pin. The costuming alone in these films are enough to raise eyebrows. When viewed through the lens of a modern movie-goer, it seems nearly impossible to glean where the comedy in these shorts actually is.

However, in an era where audiences were still easily pleased by the novelty of film, the Baby Burlesks likely seemed charming.

In the short “Polly Tix in Washington,” a four-year-old Shirley Temple is seen playing what is insinuated as a prostitute. Sent to “entertain” a senator (played by a fellow child-actor), Temple can be seen wearing a small bra while filing her nails in a manner meant to mimic the actions of a self-assured and perhaps world-weary mistress lounging in her boudoir.

Temple later enters the office of the senator draped in pearls, sashaying into the room with her hands resting firmly on her hips in a disturbing display of mock adult sexuality.

Temple then wraps her arms around the senator’s neck and plants two clumsy kisses on his lips. Of course, the sexual implications are lost on the children who appear in the film, children who were simply following the direction of the adults controlling them, namely, the film’s director and he who discovered Shirley Temple, Charles Lamont.

Lamont also directed another one of the total eight burlesques, entitled “War Babies,” which served as a spoof of the World War I era silent film, What Price Glory?.

The short once again featured Shirley Temple in the role of a prostitute, this time vying for the affections of army men, played of course by 3 – 5-year-old boys. Within the first minute of the film, Temple is seen in a purposely loose-fitting top that slips and falls down revealing her shoulders as she performs a caricature of a seductive dance.

She later trades kisses for lollipops, is repeatedly called “baby,” refers to an army man as mon cher Capitan, and even refers to herself as “expensive.”

The humor of the piece is once again intended to be derived from watching toddler-aged children unknowingly copy the behavior of fully grown adults, but it was perhaps also all to the detriment of the children themselves whose innocence was taken advantage of.

Unfortunately, the overtly sexual overtones that Shirley Temple and her fellow child-stars were forced to mimic over the course of Baby Burlesk wasn’t even the worst of it. Without regulations regarding on-set safety for actors, directors were able to employ various means of cruel and unusual punishment to maintain order on set during filming.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/shirley-temple-baby-burlesks

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2020, 01:26:21 PM »

hard to imagine Leslie Nielsen as a bad guy unless you've seen DAY OF THE ANIMALS where he plays possibly the most unpleasant douchebag I've ever witnessed in any movie!

not sure if he plays a bad guy anywhere else?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2020, 01:27:24 PM »

Creepshow, where he murders his (ex?) wife and Ted Danson.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2020, 01:36:52 PM »

ah yeah of course...

that segment is really weird.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Jim H

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2020, 11:19:24 AM »

Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee.

Jackie Chan played a leader of a street gang that gangraped a young lady in Young Dragon (1973). Bruce Lee, technically was a murderous psychopath bent on revenge in Fists Of Fury (1972). Though I guess the guys he killed were technically in self-defense, it just seemed a bit overkill in that movie; like say if the younglings had attacked Anakin Skywalker before he slaughtered the Jedi children with his lightsaber in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005) or something.

Chan is also more-or-less the main villain in the Killer Meteors. 

My own contribution - I don't think John Wayne ever played a villain in his hundreds of roles did he?  Maybe when he was a stuntman/extra, but never as the lead.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »

^ John Wayne as Genghis Khan in the CONQUEROR (1956).

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jim H

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2020, 01:27:32 PM »

^ John Wayne as Genghis Khan in the CONQUEROR (1956).

While Khan was clearly a monster in real life, isn't he essentially the hero of the film?  I have to admit, never seen the whole thing. 

I did think of another one though - I've seen almost all of Stephen Chows 60ish films, and I don't believe he ever played a villain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Actors and Actresses who never played a villian. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.