Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:27:31 AM
713392 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Halloween Movie Watching list  (Read 13219 times)
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 01, 2020, 07:44:39 PM »

Here's my goal for the season. 

Every day this October, I will watch a Halloween movie (I don't want to say horror movie, because Sci-fi and monster themed comedies are just as likely.)  To up the ante a little bit, each one will be a movie I have never seen before.  Sadly this means I'm going to have to avoid a lot of the classics and rely on newer stuff, but the fact that I don't know what I'm in for makes it all the more interesting. 

Tonight's movie...  The Invisible Man.

The movie re-imagines the Invisible Man as an abusive manipulative stalker.  When his girlfriend finally manages to escape from he, he sets out to make her pay by ruining her life and making everyone around her think she's crazy.  It also updates the style of invisibility taking away the "invisibility formula" and replacing it with a special suit composed entirely of cameras.  They never bother to explain how that works, but it doesn't matter. 

I have to say, this movie was uncomfortably unnerving at parts.  It's the kind of thing that just gives you a knot in your stomach.  The fact that they can do this with a wide shot of a room where nothing is even moving just proves how good the guys who made this movie are. 

This is the kind of movie they should have started the "Dark Universe" with. 
VenomX73

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:17:30 PM »

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

The Wolfman (2010)

and old Halloween cartoons

old horror mystery Radio

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
chainsaw midget

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 07:32:31 PM »

Tonight's movie

The Fantasy Island reboot

It doesn't quite feel right calling this a horror movie.  I hate to be one of those guys that says "it's not a horro movie, its _____," but this really doesn't feel like it needs the horror title. 

Maybe calling it a dark thriller would work better.  It's certain interesting with a lot of nice twists and turns and the guy that plays Mr. Roarke does a much better job than i would have expected. 

It's not like the TV show didn't dabble in it's share of dark fantasies once in a while either. 

It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.
(Although it does have a lack of midgets in white suits.)
chainsaw midget

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:03:10 PM »

Wacko. 

On the night of the Halloween Prom a young girl watched her sister get killed by a man wearing a pumpkin on his head using a landmower.  Now, 13 years later, a bitter slob worn out detective is convinced that the killer is going to return. 

But who could it be?  The pervy janitor?  That weird stranger that's running around town?  Her equally pervy doctor father?  Her mama's boy boyfriend Norman?  Her deranged Santiac brother Damien?  That guy who just escaped from the mental institution and is running around town wearing nothing but boots and a trenchcoat?  These are only a few of the weird characters at Alfred Hitchock High. 

The movie is by no means great but it's a nice low budget silly romp, the kind you don't see much of anymore.  It's also Andrew Dice Clay's first movie, he plays the Travolta like highschool cool guy.  Joe Don Baker also stars.  he plays pretty much the exact character the MST3K cast always make fun of him for being.

Thumbup

chainsaw midget

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 07:04:16 PM »

Somehow I had never seen a Comedy of Terrors before. 

How I managed to miss a movie with Vincent Price AND Boris Karloff, I just don't know.  Adding Peter Lorre and  Basil Rathbone to the mix is just icing on the cake. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 09:04:17 PM »

^ I Love that movie! Price and Lorre are funnier than Abbott and Costello ! Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 07:53:46 AM »

Another great performance by Price. COMEDY OF TERRORS should be much better known than it is.  Thumbup

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 11:17:09 AM »

Somehow I had never seen a Comedy of Terrors before. 

How I managed to miss a movie with Vincent Price AND Boris Karloff, I just don't know.  Adding Peter Lorre and  Basil Rathbone to the mix is just icing on the cake. 

Fun Trivia-Joe E. Brown also starred with Bela Lugosi in BROADMINDED (1931)!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chainsaw midget

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 06:41:18 PM »

One line I especially loved from Comedy of Terrors is when Prince calls Lorre a "confessed bank robber."  Lorre replies "I never confessed.  They just proved it." 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 08:19:46 PM »

A girl gets kidnapped by a deranged killer that wants to use her to live out his highschool prom fantasy.  When her family finds him, they get bloody revenge.  That's the basic plot, but it's not nearly as dark as it sounds.  It's actually pretty light hearted for the most part, almost as much a dark comedy as it is horror, although Otis himself can come off as super creepy.  There's also some really nice twists that i don't want to spoil. 

After watching it though, I had the feeling that I might have actually seen it before, so maybe it shouldn't count as on my "never saw this one before" list.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 09:53:20 PM »

Shut up.  I like Scooby Doo. 

This one features Elvira, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and Batman's old enemy The Scarecrow (oddly enough, no Batman) and an entire army of pumpkin monsters. 

At one point the gang mentions that they spent last Halloween tracking down The Ghosts of the Three Stooges.  I wish we could have got that movie. 

chainsaw midget

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 08:25:11 PM »

Nothing supernatural, no monsters, no evil serial killers.  This movie just gives us some of the nastiest Florida weather possible (a hurricane and flooding) and even nastier alligators.  I'd actually been meaning to see this one since I first heard about it but only just now got around to it and I have to say it wasn't a disappointment. 
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 09:20:55 AM »

Nothing supernatural, no monsters, no evil serial killers.  This movie just gives us some of the nastiest Florida weather possible (a hurricane and flooding) and even nastier alligators.  I'd actually been meaning to see this one since I first heard about it but only just now got around to it and I have to say it wasn't a disappointment. 

Like the new avatar and enjoyed that film as well too.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chainsaw midget

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 08:54:53 PM »

I found this one by accident and it was a treat. 

The WNUF Halloween Special.  It's a live broadcast from from the 80s, where a TV reporter, a priest, and two paranormal researchers investigate a haunted house as part of a Halloween special and shows the horrible things that happened to them.  The DVD includes bits of the news program that proceeded it and original commercials that aired during the program. 

Okay, all of that is a lie.  It wasn't filmed until 2013 and it's about as real as the Blair Witch Project was.  It was made to look like a 80s TV program and has the film quality of a really grainy worn out VHS tape that your VCR is only a few more watches away from eating, but that's a big part of the fun.  Evenj on the case for the DVD they refer to it like it was a real broadcast with no signs it was fake.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »

I suppose I had to hit a looser eventually. 

They definitely spared the slaughter.  I think maybe two people died out of more than a dozen characters. 

A group of teenagers go on a graduation trip to a big rave party island, where somebody slowly and inefficiantly tries to kill them.  He doesn't do a good job. 

This combines 80s slasher's cliches with the annoying trend of teenagers that even in a paradise at a superhot party can't stay off their damned phones and tops it all off with a dub job that Godzilla movies would be ashamed by.

They don't even both giving the killer a movie until the last little bit of the movie. 
I'm going to spoil it for you. 
The killer (who looks much better on the DVD cover than in the movie) is the brother of a girl that killed herself.  She killed herself after the group of friends we've been following through the whole movie invited her for a night out where a handful of them raped her.   Yeah. 

And the ones that actually raped the girl survive the movie. 

Feel free to skip this one. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.