Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:56:14 PM
714192 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Halloween Movie Watching list  (Read 13406 times)
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 11:39:23 PM »

I've never actually watched this one before, which may surprise some people. 

Since I had to work late, this counts as a special midnight movie watching. 

You know, there's something about the rubber suits and models that just have a charm to them that modern special effects just can't touch.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 06:45:59 PM »

This is not the cover to the DVD I have.  This cover shows some basics of what happens, but none of the characters, car, or even the grim reaper look anything like that. 

The cover I have shows a rather neat looking jack o' lantern.  I tried looking for it online but couldn't find a copy anywhere. 

Regardless, I feel cheated. 

This is NOT a Halloween movie.  At all. 

Die Hard is more of a Christmas movie than this is a Halloween movie.  This isn't even a horror movie.  This is a a crime drama.  I'll accept drama or thriller as well, but there's no horror here on only a vauge mention of Halloween once or twice in the whole movie.

It's a pretty good crime drama and it was a wonderfully dark twist ending, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. 

chainsaw midget

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 11:56:12 PM »

The Shed was a pleasant little low budget vampire movie. 

It's about two teenagers that grew up in a small town and were treated like dirt, bullied, and picked on their whole lives.  Then one of therm discovers there's a vampire hiding in his grandpa's shed.  While the main characters know they have to do something about, his best friend decided to use this to finally get back at the people that have mistreated them. 

The movie's not great.  There's quite a few obvious flaws including a weird cover of House of the Rising Sun, but it's a good cheap halloween flick.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 11:13:57 PM »

What if they remade Nightmare on Elm Street and cast Jaws as Freddy? 

That's basically what this movie is. 

Being a Syfy movie, the CG is often rather questionable, as are elements of the plot, but they do a remarkable job at making creepy dream sequence most of the time.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 10:57:03 PM »

A woman inherits a hotel and begins to renovate it only to find that it's built over one of the seven gates of hell.

I'm not a big Fulci fan and this isn't a movie that's going to make me one, but it was worth watching.  The characters are vague to the point of almost not having any personality at all and the plot barley existed, explaining almost nothing, but there was some great gore here along with a wonderful sense of atmosphere and an extremely chilling and bleak ending. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 08:33:15 PM »

^ Yeah, that movie makes no f**king sense whatsoever.
I still like it! I'm just in it for the gore!  Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 09:31:15 PM »

This is not the cover to the DVD I have.  This cover shows some basics of what happens, but none of the characters, car, or even the grim reaper look anything like that. 

The cover I have shows a rather neat looking jack o' lantern.  I tried looking for it online but couldn't find a copy anywhere. 

Regardless, I feel cheated. 

This is NOT a Halloween movie.  At all. 

Die Hard is more of a Christmas movie than this is a Halloween movie.  This isn't even a horror movie.  This is a a crime drama.  I'll accept drama or thriller as well, but there's no horror here on only a vauge mention of Halloween once or twice in the whole movie.

It's a pretty good crime drama and it was a wonderfully dark twist ending, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. 

I can't believe I didn't hear of that one!  Sounds boring as heck.  I have no desire to watch it if they're going to use a Halloweeny title for a non-Halloweeny movie.

My daughter asked us if we could watch "Trick 'r Treat" from 2007 this past weekend.  Being a horror movie dork, I had to mess with her a little bit and ask "Which one did you say!?!? Trick R Treat or Trick or TreatS or Trick OR Treat???"  So.. we ended up watching all three -  Trick 'r Treat from 2007, Trick or Treats from 1982 and Trick or Treat from 1986.  I called it the Trick or Treat Triple Threat!!   I think she actually liked them all! I do too..  I think I like Trick or Treats the best though.  That kid is a hoot.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 09:41:22 PM »

I can't believe I didn't hear of that one!  Sounds boring as heck.  I have no desire to watch it if they're going to use a Halloweeny title for a non-Halloweeny movie.
It's not a bad movie, it's actually pretty good, but it's not a Halloween movie. 

My daughter asked us if we could watch "Trick 'r Treat" from 2007 this past weekend.  Being a horror movie dork, I had to mess with her a little bit and ask "Which one did you say!?!? Trick R Treat or Trick or TreatS or Trick OR Treat???"  So.. we ended up watching all three -  Trick 'r Treat from 2007, Trick or Treats from 1982 and Trick or Treat from 1986.  I called it the Trick or Treat Triple Threat!!   I think she actually liked them all! I do too..  I think I like Trick or Treats the best though.  That kid is a hoot.
That sounds awesome.  I'm going to have to remember that one.   I'm fairly sure if I looked I could even come up with more "Trick or Treat" movies.  That might be something worth checking into one of these days. 

Now let's get to tonight movie. 

This is one of those movie covers that legitimately disturbed me when I was a little kid.  I never watched it, but just looking at the cover scared me. 

Tonight I finally watched it.  I'm not disappointed at all.  It's not a scary movie, but it's a fun one.  It starts out with a DOUBLE fakeout opening and an 80s music video before we even get to see out main characters and they are dressed in some wonderfully awful 80s fashion, and from there it goes to frat pranks and a bunch of naked girls in a hot tub before finally settling in on a fantastic cheesy 80s slasher territory. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 10:30:29 PM »

^For some reason I really need to see that.  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chainsaw midget

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 10:26:36 PM »

I expected this to be a cheesier lower budget version of Happy Death Day. 

Instead it was just boring and I had trouble paying attention to it. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 12:30:33 AM »

The idea of a horror movie featuring Paul Bunyan interested me.  The design of Paul is also really good.  

That's about the only thing you can say is good about this movie.  The special effects are really bad.  Most of the young adults are fair at best, but this movie features maybe the worst "crazy old man" I've ever seen in a  movie as well as a jerk cop/jerk drill Sgt that we spend far too much time with.  The plot, the gore, and especially the costumes seen in the flashback, nothing in this movie really works.  

Well, okay, the ending was amusing.  A group of rednecks show up with a bunch of guns out of nowhere and save the day. 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:54:41 AM by chainsaw midget » Logged
chainsaw midget

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2020, 12:36:31 AM »

Demon Wind is another movie who's VHS case stuck with me from back in the day.  You can't tell it from the picture, but it was one of those 3-d images that moves when you look at it from a different angle. 

The copy I have just used an imitation of the original artwork. 

As for the movie itself.... this movie is bonkers in all the right ways. 

There's actually coverage of this movie on the main site (remember that?).
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/demonwind/

The description here makes it seem like it makes a LOT more sense than the movie actually does.  The article doesn't even mention that they kill one of the cast members TWICE. 

chainsaw midget

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 11:40:09 PM »

This movie wants to be Van Helsing (the Hugh Jackman movie) SOOOO bad, except it's missing all the things that actually made Van Helsing good. 
Jim H

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 11:43:52 AM »

I just saw Gutterballs.

I feel like I am worse off for having watched it.  It's pretty gross and annoying. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 12:12:01 AM »

Tremors:  A Cold Day in Hell isn't horrible, but it doesn't bring anything new to the table.  While the cover promises ice tremors or at least a snow storm, you don't even get that.  The creature effects aren't horrible, but they're  abit too CG, not Syfy level, but they could have stood to use a bit more work. 

Burt Gummer is as lovable as ever though. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.