Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:33:27 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Halloween Movie Watching list  (Read 13429 times)
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 11:14:33 PM »

Nic Cage and Tommy Chong in an H.P. Lovecraft adaption. 

You already know you want to watch that.

Also, if you're a big fan of Nic Cage freak-outs, this is the movie for you. 

I knew the idea of adapting a story where a color that nobody had ever seen before was the bad guy wouldn't be easy, but the people that made it did a god job using over saturated bright pinks and purples to get the point across.  While at times I wish they would have gotten a main actor that wasn't quite as over the top, at the same time, Cage does do a god job of playing a person that's nowhere near right in the head anymore. 

There's some great visuals on this one.  It never gets quite as disturbing as I wanted it to be, but it does put forth a lot of effort and looks wonderful. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 10:43:13 PM »

I've been meaning to watch this one.  I was pleasantly surprised by part 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Even Pennywise, who I was really doubtful about from the early images that were released came across as great.  I mean, he's no Tim Curry but he manages to capture the evil clown thing perfectly. 

Part 2 was just as good as part one.  It even managed to pull off the spider form from the original movie in a much scarier and more appealing form. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2020, 10:34:17 PM »

Given the rules I set for myself, I'm very limited on slasher franchise I can watch. 

No Freddy, no Jason, no Pinhead, but I can watch... the Leprechaun!

It wasn't that great, it's not as scary as any of the first three and not as funny as the first Leprechaun in the Hood. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »

The Raven. 

I thought I had seen this before, but once I started watching it I realized I was wrong. 

This is the second movie I've watched this season with Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, and Boris Karloff.  This one also has a very young Jack Nicholson. 

Lorre in particular is hilarious in this movie, right from his first line where he appears as a Raven and answers Price's question with "How the hell would I know?"  Price also shows quite a bit of comedic talent here.  This movie is worth watching just for the ending magical duel alone. 

Great flick.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2020, 09:55:19 PM »

This is the only movie in the Conjuring series I have seen.  Are they all this boring?  Anybody else watch any of these?
chainsaw midget

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2020, 11:22:58 PM »

Haunt was a lot better movie than I was expecting it to be. 

It was actually genially scary and suspenseful. 

The movie itself was about a group of people that went to one of those haunted house maze attractions not realizing that this one was quite lethal.  Simple set up, but it works wonderfully here.  They also did some magnificent work on the killers designs. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 12:45:44 AM »

Mostly mediocre with a few good bits here and there.  

I'm not sure I liked the idea of taking Skynet and the Terminators out of the actual story only to replace them with "Legion" and "Revs".  Actually, I don't like it.  

The character Grace was also a problem.  She's the badass cyborg girl from the future... in a movie that already has old biiter and Jaded Sarah Conner and the Terminator.  Most of her badass scenes feel like she's trying too hard especially when she and Sarah seem to be competing over who's the hardest (it's Sarah.  It's always Sarah)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 11:04:20 PM by chainsaw midget » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2020, 05:20:14 AM »

Mostly mediocre with a few good bits here and there. 

I'm not sure I liked the idea of taking Skynet and the Terminators out of the actual story only to replace them with "Legion" and "Revs".  Actually, I don't like it. 

The character Grace was also a problem.  She's the badass cyborg girl from the future... in a movie that already has old biiter and Jaded Sarah Conner and the Terminator.  Most of her badass scenes feel like she's trying too hard especially when she and Sarah seem to be competing over who's the hardest (it's Sarah.  It's always Sarah)
So what movie is it? Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chainsaw midget

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »

Terminator Dark Fate.

Sorry.  Forgot to put the title.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2020, 12:01:12 AM »

Godzilla King of Monsters

While I'm not a fan of the Godzilla design in this, I do love how they showed the monsters and truly monstrous and titanic.  The special effects here really make the monsters out to be these huge imposing figures that mankind has no chance against. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2020, 11:10:58 PM »

Okay.  I was wrong about no classic slasher I hadn't seen.  I almost forgot about the 2009 Firday the 13th reboot.  (Wow.  It's been ten years since then already?) 

The movie is competent, but bland.  Jason is a lot faster, smarter, and more agile than you're used to, more like the 2 and 3rd movie than the ones that followed, but that also manages to make him feel like he has less personality than before.  The lack of the chi-chi-ha-ha doesn't help.  There's no real good moments of gore, or nudity and much of the film seems to be set in the pitch black darkness making it hard to see what was going on.  There's also no camp and no councilors in this version, which just feels weird.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2020, 11:44:54 PM »

The first, second and 3rd Friday movies were passable for the time. No great film making. The rest were garbage.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »

Wacko. 

On the night of the Halloween Prom a young girl watched her sister get killed by a man wearing a pumpkin on his head using a landmower.  Now, 13 years later, a bitter slob worn out detective is convinced that the killer is going to return. 

But who could it be?  The pervy janitor?  That weird stranger that's running around town?  Her equally pervy doctor father?  Her mama's boy boyfriend Norman?  Her deranged Santiac brother Damien?  That guy who just escaped from the mental institution and is running around town wearing nothing but boots and a trenchcoat?  These are only a few of the weird characters at Alfred Hitchock High. 

The movie is by no means great but it's a nice low budget silly romp, the kind you don't see much of anymore.  It's also Andrew Dice Clay's first movie, he plays the Travolta like highschool cool guy.  Joe Don Baker also stars.  he plays pretty much the exact character the MST3K cast always make fun of him for being.

Thumbup

We watched this two weeks ago, found it somewhat amusing.  There were a few (very few) funny bits.  Overall, it was fun to watch.  Could have been better,.. could have been much worse.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »

A girl gets kidnapped by a deranged killer that wants to use her to live out his highschool prom fantasy.  When her family finds him, they get bloody revenge.  That's the basic plot, but it's not nearly as dark as it sounds.  It's actually pretty light hearted for the most part, almost as much a dark comedy as it is horror, although Otis himself can come off as super creepy.  There's also some really nice twists that i don't want to spoil. 

After watching it though, I had the feeling that I might have actually seen it before, so maybe it shouldn't count as on my "never saw this one before" list.

The main actor is an aquaintence of mine. He was a graduate of University Of Alaska's theater program 25 years ago.  He's an amazing actor.  Wish he wuold get more movies.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2020, 06:40:44 PM »

I finally broke down and watched "THE WRAITH" with Charley Sheen.   I can see the cult status appeal.. but I can't appreiciate it.. its painfully bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.