Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:20:53 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Halloween Movie Watching list  (Read 13420 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »

This is a list of Halloween type movies we watched in one week this month...

Day of the Dead (1985)
The Sisters (2004)(Thai movie)
Zombie aka Zombi 2
The Howling V: The Rebirth (🔥DOLLAR DVD HELL🔥)
Cat in the Brain
Wacko (1982)
The Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933)
Evilspeak (1981)
Evil Eyes aka Naina (Bollywood remake of THE EYE)
Fright Night (1985)
The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)(🔥DOLLAR DVD HELL🔥)
Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's “Island of Dr. Moreau”
My Bloody Valentine (1981)
Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2020, 08:19:11 PM »

A girl gets kidnapped by a deranged killer that wants to use her to live out his highschool prom fantasy.  When her family finds him, they get bloody revenge.  That's the basic plot, but it's not nearly as dark as it sounds.  It's actually pretty light hearted for the most part, almost as much a dark comedy as it is horror, although Otis himself can come off as super creepy.  There's also some really nice twists that i don't want to spoil.  

After watching it though, I had the feeling that I might have actually seen it before, so maybe it shouldn't count as on my "never saw this one before" list.

The main actor is an aquaintence of mine. He was a graduate of University Of Alaska's theater program 25 years ago.  He's an amazing actor.  Wish he wuold get more movies.
Tell him I think he did a great job.  

Day of the Dead (1985)
Zombie aka Zombi 2
Cat in the Brain
Wacko (1982)
Evilspeak (1981)
Fright Night (1985)
That's a heck of a list for one week.  I've never actually saw Cat in the Brain.  Is that any good?
chainsaw midget

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2020, 11:43:44 PM »

The Descent. 

This is another one I've been meaning to watch.  A group of friends go caving in an unexplored cave and end up encountering some bizarre blind animalistic cave dwellers. 

This movie is dark, in all possible ways. 

There's some great scenes too where characters are inches away from the monster trying their hardest to stay quiet hoping that it won't notice them.  The ending is also super bleak. 
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2020, 12:14:34 AM »

A girl gets kidnapped by a deranged killer that wants to use her to live out his highschool prom fantasy.  When her family finds him, they get bloody revenge.  That's the basic plot, but it's not nearly as dark as it sounds.  It's actually pretty light hearted for the most part, almost as much a dark comedy as it is horror, although Otis himself can come off as super creepy.  There's also some really nice twists that i don't want to spoil.  

After watching it though, I had the feeling that I might have actually seen it before, so maybe it shouldn't count as on my "never saw this one before" list.

The main actor is an aquaintence of mine. He was a graduate of University Of Alaska's theater program 25 years ago.  He's an amazing actor.  Wish he wuold get more movies.
Tell him I think he did a great job.  

Bostin moved out of Alaska... When I hear from him again, I shall.

Day of the Dead (1985)
Zombie aka Zombi 2
Cat in the Brain
Wacko (1982)
Evilspeak (1981)
Fright Night (1985)
That's a heck of a list for one week.  I've never actually saw Cat in the Brain.  Is that any good?

CAT IN THE BRAIN will put you to sleep.  It's supposed to be a comedy..according to Faluci himself.   Neither my roommate nor myself laughed onece.  We fell asleep a few times..but not laughed.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2020, 10:15:05 PM »

I'm not watching a movie tonight.  I just got off work, took off my Halloween costume  and it just feels like Halloween is over now. 

So... after Halloween thoughts on this year's experiment...

Making a point to watch a movie a day is a lot more effort than it sounds like.
I did get to see a lot of movies that I've been putting off and found some good new ones.
On the flip side, having every movie I watched be one I hadn't seen before also meant I had to skip a lot of the classics.  It feels weird going though Halloween without Lugosi, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, or Army of Darkness. 
I'm not sure I'll do this again but if I do I'll make a point to have a wider assortment of movies picked out for next time.
Jim H

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2020, 03:12:18 PM »

Long post incoming!

My complete October watch list.

1. Z - Decent little creepy film. 
2. Frankenstein - A bit of a classic, but creaky at the edges
3. From Beyond - A lot more fun than I remembered.  Goop and fun performances.
4. Sundown: Vampire in Retreat - Mildly entertaining, deserved better considering the cast though
5. Vampires VS The Bronx - Kinda fun, but didn't live up to potential.
6. Inseminoid. - Good lead performance, pretty bad movie
7. Blade - Silly nonsense.  What's not to like?
8. Hell Comes to Frogtown.  - Stupid but seomwhat entertaining
9. Daniel Isn't Real. - Two great lead performances and some good visuals, but doesn't 100% gel.  Worth a watch.
10. From A Whisper to a Scream.  - 50/50 in terms of hits, so not bad for an anthology.  Always good to see Vincent Price!
11. Feardotcom - Garbage, but it looks great, which was an interesting contrast.
12. Night of the Demon. - Awful, but the kills are amusing
13. Screamers.  - Great opening in the chopped up American version, but then it's dull
14. Burning Moon - A great climax, decent gore for the budget and more competent production than expected.  Basically trash though otherwise.
15. Dracula - Great visuals and a couple great performances don't make up for half the movie being boring and a laughably bad ending and climax.  The most overrated Universal horror film.
16. Mad Love - Terrific. - Lorre is awesome, well-written, visually strong.
17. Mortuary Collection. - Pretty fun anthology.  Clancy Brown is a great choice for the storyteller.
18. Hellmouth - A couple of great visuals, but the movie is boring.
19. Mummy - Karloff is great and it's fun for a while, but gets middling half way through
20. -Gutterballs. - Trash.  Kind of offensive trash.
21. Bats. - Just the worst.
22. Hubie Halloween. - Not that bad actually.  Kinda entertaining.
23. Mausoleum. - Really dumb, but 80s horror fans will like it.
24. Human Lanterns - Lo Lieh is amusing, and a great ending, but slow in the middle
25. Ravenous (Quebec zombie film, not wendigo one) - Really well-shot and acted, some good character moments, but plotless, slow, and pretentious.
26. Autopsy of Jane Doe - Really creepy and well-made, great dual lead performances.  A winner!
27. Priest - Awful, but I wasn't bored
28. Haunt - Great villain designs, some decent creepy moments and performances.  Solid.
29. Creature from the black lagoon - Entertaining, great creature. 
30. Invisible Man (original). - Rains is great and the movie is pretty fun too.  I like it a fair bit.
31. Wolfman - The best of the original Universal Monsters films.  The lead character is actually likable, you feel bad for him, and there's actually some decent character work.  Great atmosphere, writing and performances. 
32. Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight. - It's a slasher film.  Decent.  Most unique trait: most of the characters are actually likable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Halloween Movie Watching list « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.