Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:23:02 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  POSSESSOR (2020) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POSSESSOR (2020)  (Read 1603 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: October 13, 2020, 10:14:14 AM »

Once again, I went out to the movies and I was the only one in the theater. Makes me not worry about Covid so much.  Thumbup

POSSESSOR is about assassins in the near future who possess the bodies of innocents through a neural implant, carry out their killing, and then re-emerge into their own bodies. The process takes a toll on the Possessor, and top assassin Tasya is starting to have psychological issues from her work. She goes on a big mission to assassinate a CEO, but finds that she is having trouble maintaining control of her subject, who has periods when he recovers his free will. 

This is one dark and brutal sci-fi movie. There aren't many killings, but the ones there are may be as brutal and violent as anything I've ever seen on screen. A lot of you are going to want to see it when it's more widely available.

The second movie by David Cronenberg's son Brandon. Not as weird as his debut, ANTIVIRAL (2012), but even darker. Man, this is one dark, sociopathic movie. B. Cronenberg needs to start making films more frequently than every 8 years.

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »

I enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of daddy's films, but in this case it is a good thing, because daddy now prefers to do more serious, duller movies. I couyld have done with tamer violence, but I found the rest of the film very interesting.

In fact I was so impressed that I saw "Antiviral" days later. Interesting, but doesn't seem to know what to make of its premise. I did enjoy Malcolm McDowell's scenes, though. Just when you think a normal character has finally appeared, and he is even more far gone than the rest.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 07:06:25 AM »

Looks like a bit of fun. I wonder if it's on Netflix?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  POSSESSOR (2020) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.