Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:05:11 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone Get The New Friday the 13th Blu-ray Box Set? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone Get The New Friday the 13th Blu-ray Box Set?  (Read 1707 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 13, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »

It officially came out today though some folks got it early. I pre-ordered it on Amazon. When I came home from work today it was waiting for me on the porch Smile

I started with the uncut version of the first movie. About to check out some bonus features  Cheers
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 12:00:50 AM »

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/friday-the-13th-collection-deluxe-edition?product_id=7444

looks like each movie has 2 or in some cases 3 commentary tracks, plus other extras

I'm wondering how this release came together, as there has been such a conflict between sean cunningham and victor miller over rights. one has the rights to 'Friday 13th' and one has the rights to Jason Voorhees. this conflict seems to have put the whole franchise in disarray, so it's weird that the original F13 and the subsequent 'Jason' films have been packaged together here.

I hope we get just one more movie (the 13th part)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 12:21:11 AM »

Set includes faulty Discs from what i read. I think shout is offering a replacement Program.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 06:30:53 PM »

Set includes faulty Discs from what i read. I think shout is offering a replacement Program.

I’m not sure if they’ll actually do anything about it. The last I saw was a tweet that said they’d be investigating it. The tweet was buried under a mountain of other tweets by them with praise by fans and that sort of fluff. If you Google it all the first results are just about the release and no mention of errors.

On the bright side it’s fairly minor stuff that pre-Internet age most of us probably wouldn’t even notice. Like how on the ancient Paramount DVD release of the original they actually extend one death then made some others even shorter. Still annoying though!

There are hour long videos going into the errors on YouTube which I’m not going to bother watching. But from what I read errors include:

*Only a mono track being available for the first film instead of a mono and 5.1 selection. I just listened to whatever the default is and it sounded good to me.

*3D title issues with Part 3. This is one I won’t be able to take advantage of for the time being since I don’t have the right kind of TV anyway. I get why it is annoying though since a big selling point of the set was we’d finally get to see Part 3 fully in proper 3D.

*Missing audio in Jason X. This sounds very annoying. I’m not sure what is missing yet since I haven’t gotten that far. I heard it may just be a scream or something. In any case I don’t believe it’s a major thing like the movie just doesn’t have audio.

*Some very brief missing gore from the unrated version of Jason Goes to Hell. This one stinks since even the old DVD had the unrated version unbotched. It’s a blink and you miss it thing, but still.

*Something about the audio being wonky on Freddy vs. Jason. Like the audio was remastered, but then the wrong track was put in by mistake.

Then a big thing is a lot of people said their discs arrived with big scratches. Mine were safe from this thankfully.

In a perfect world Shout! would replace the discs with no added cost or stress to the consumer. But I’m not holding my breath. The only other time I remember having a mass produced disc with flaws was Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life. In that case the company supplied replacement discs...containing the same errors! Have DVD manufactures gotten any better in customer service since then?

I’ve never pre-ordered a Shout! item before and the first time I do this happens lol.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 08:15:09 PM »

Pleasantly surprised to find out that Shout appears to be making good on replacing the defective discs: https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/friday-the-13th-replacement-disc-program/

Pretty much all you have to do is click on that link and it give you step by step directions on what to do at no added cost. I already submitted my replacement request.

If you haven’t ordered your set though you may want to hold off until no replacement discs are required :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone Get The New Friday the 13th Blu-ray Box Set? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.