Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:28:25 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Please help ID 90's Sci-Fi Channel TV « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please help ID 90's Sci-Fi Channel TV  (Read 5470 times)
Polcheck
New Visitor

« on: July 28, 2019, 12:05:51 AM »

Back in the early 90s there was a thirty-minute TV show on the Sci-Fi Channel about a man who did weekly reports on UFOs and the supernatural. It was very low-budget.

It is difficult for me to search for the show because I don't remember much else than that.

In one episode he walked around a city with a camera and talked about how to capture a UFO on camera if you see one, using a low-flying plane as an example.

Does anyone know the name of this show?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 02:24:45 AM »

Perhaps SIGHTINGS (1991-1997).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103549/

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Polcheck
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 08:20:27 PM »

Sorry that's not it. It was very amateurish, even for the Sci-FI channel. It was literally a white guy with giant-thick eyeglasses and a mustache talking about aliens and supernatural things. It was so long ago that I might not be remembering it correctly.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 06:34:50 PM »

Maybe FLYING SAUCERS ARE REAL-narrated by Stanton Friedman, parts one and two.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8231512/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_60

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8231782/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_57

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 08:25:22 PM »

I don't know if this helps, but I think the OP is remembering the show that used to follow Sci-Fi Buzz. Can't remember the name, though.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
SLPL
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 12:31:19 AM »

MYSTERIES FROM BEYOND THE OTHER DOMINION with host Franklin Ruehl, Ph.D.
SLPL
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 12:48:55 AM »

I don't know if this helps, but I think the OP is remembering the show that used to follow Sci-Fi Buzz. Can't remember the name, though.

Hey Bargle5, did this show follow Sci-Fi Buzz or precede it? The reason I ask is that the ending of Mysteries From Beyond is by far what I remember most about the show, aside from its cheapness and odd host. Ruehl would solicit stories and footage from viewers, saying they might gain a "small measure of renown, and that's better than a slap on the belly [slaps himself on the belly] with a wet trout." I watched Buzz all the time, so maybe I caught the ending of Mysteries tuning in to watch that show. I do recall Mysteries doing a segment on cryogenics though.

By the way, that ending was the only way I identified this. Never would have remembered that title.

Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 05:39:47 AM »

Hey Bargle5, did this show follow Sci-Fi Buzz or precede it? The reason I ask is that the ending of Mysteries From Beyond is by far what I remember most about the show, aside from its cheapness and odd host. Ruehl would solicit stories and footage from viewers, saying they might gain a "small measure of renown, and that's better than a slap on the belly [slaps himself on the belly] with a wet trout." I watched Buzz all the time, so maybe I caught the ending of Mysteries tuning in to watch that show. I do recall Mysteries doing a segment on cryogenics though.

By the way, that ending was the only way I identified this. Never would have remembered that title.

As best I can remember it followed. Given how many years it's been, I'm not certain.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Please help ID 90's Sci-Fi Channel TV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.