Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:47:42 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The unasked question! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: The unasked question!  (Read 20113 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2020, 02:33:21 PM »

I'm sure they will. The people who get opiates mostly do it threw false prescriptions at phony doctors who set up clinics. My first wife Gail just steals it from old people. She's a scumbag. They had a clinic in Florida that had lines going around the block which stayed open until past midnight. She was arrested.
Gail shots it up her arm. Her arms look like railroad tracks.

https://www.dea.gov/press-releases/2019/11/26/south-florida-pain-management-doctor-sentenced-17-12-years-prison

I was prescribed vicadins after all my heart surgery. I turned it down. I have enough addictions.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:17:19 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2020, 02:45:12 PM »

Here's an Email I got from Team Trump today!

Trump Pence Make America Great Again

"Ron,

The Radical Left is UNHINGED.

President Trump will easily WIN the Presidency of the United States with ONLY LEGAL votes cast, but Election observers are not being allowed to do their jobs. It’s madness.

Every single Patriot from across the Nation must step up RIGHT NOW if we’re going to successfully DEFEND the integrity of this Election. We need YOU to join the Election Defense Task Force.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT immediately to join the Election Defense Task Force and to increase your impact by 1000%. >>"
They reason they call me 'Ron' is because I signed up long ago just to see what s**t they were spreading.
They been asking me for money all year- even when I send back nonsensical responses.  BounceGiggle
Nobody reads the s**t- they just want the checks!  Twirling
I noticed they changed the Fraud Hotline number for the 3d time! I trolled it, I must admit. I asked if they had Prince Albert in a can! I didn't go all serious- I just said the stupidest thing that came to mind.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:05:19 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »

My favorite line is-

"Please contribute ANY AMOUNT immediately to join the Election Defense Task Force and to increase your impact by 1000%."
 Really? Is 1000 % really a thing? I think you can only go to 100%.  So if I was some crazy hillbilly with a 'BBQ BEER FREEDOM' wife beater t-shirt, my vote will increase 1000 %? If said hillbilly has enough money to even afford his next 6-pack. So he gives Trump his pocket change. I reckon it may help him at McDonald's but not much further.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:03:53 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2020, 03:21:23 PM »

My favorite line is-

"Please contribute ANY AMOUNT immediately to join the Election Defense Task Force and to increase your impact by 1000%."

Just a note about this: if you donate to Trump's legal defense, 60% of funds go to pay off the campaign's debt rather than towards the legal challenges, per his own fundraising emails. https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-flurry-campaign-defense-fund-094844061.html

I'm not trying to be partisan here, but anyone hoping to fund legal challenges should know that most of the money they give isn't going to be spent that way.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2020, 03:28:16 PM »

My favorite line is-
Just a note about this: if you donate to Trump's legal defense, 60% of funds go to pay off the campaign's debt rather than towards the legal challenges, per his own fundraising emails. https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-flurry-campaign-defense-fund-094844061.html
I'm not trying to be partisan here, but anyone hoping to fund legal challenges should know that most of the money they give isn't going to be spent that way.

Sickening, ain't it? 

Ron, 1000% is real in a mathematical sense... whatever any amount given is is 100%.  The implication is that trump's campaign will multiply your donation by 10... give $100 it magically becomes $1000; such might be achieved with a donor "match" of 1000%... 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2020, 03:34:47 PM »

My favorite line is-

Yeah- I read that too. The guy is going broke, and before he leaves office, I think he's going to try to pull a Götterdämmerung. He already started by firing folks in the Pentagon.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2020, 03:51:31 PM »

A satirical British show that I used to watch back in the '80s has returned recently. This is their take on trump.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

They don't just mock trump though. I saw a clip of Boris Johnson summoning up the spirit of Thatcher. Hang around long enough and everyone gets mocked sooner or later. Still, compared to what 2DTV used to do, I'd say the subjects are actually getting off fairly lightly.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2020, 03:04:02 PM »

I do rides to dispensaries all the time. I have no problem with it. the big problem I think is doctors prescribing oxycontin to unsuspecting people who then get hooked on it, because its like medically produced to be incredible.

I had 5 of them when I destroyed my ankle skateboarding. I could feel the chemistry. s**t is DANGEROUS

I'm worried that the backlash against opiates has gone too far and they will be denying them to people who actually need them out of fear of addiction/liability. I have minor surgery coming up and they damn well better give me painkillers.

Rev, i do a lot of work in this -- I am one of the physicians in my group that in our way polices opioid prescribing and boundary-setting in general (by prescribers).
I am good at it, and I would come across as kindly but draconian to most chronic pain patients.  For very good reasons.

There won't be backlash of significance against treatment of postoperative pain.   We have been changing our guidelines so that orthopedists don't sling #100 tablets at all their patients as SOP, post-op.  Many surgeons did this -- just wrote standard scripts so that whether  you'd had a very painful procedure or a fairly non-painful one, everyone got whatever your post-op script, arbitrarily, was.

There are data about how what the norm should be for post-op prescribing for most patients, for given procedures.    Implementing these data as norms will reduce how many pills are out in the community, by that outlet.

The main work is in reducing using opioids *at all* for chronic pain, for people who are not dying.   There should be very, very little role for opioids in the non-dying population, so we have a ways to go there.
But we're working on it.   It's a hard thing, for the people who got on a lot of opioids in the last 20+ years and now are being told that the doses need to come down.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2020, 06:31:11 PM »

I do rides to dispensaries all the time. I have no problem with it. the big problem I think is doctors prescribing oxycontin to unsuspecting people who then get hooked on it, because its like medically produced to be incredible.

I had 5 of them when I destroyed my ankle skateboarding. I could feel the chemistry. s**t is DANGEROUS

I'm worried that the backlash against opiates has gone too far and they will be denying them to people who actually need them out of fear of addiction/liability. I have minor surgery coming up and they damn well better give me painkillers.

Rev, i do a lot of work in this -- I am one of the physicians in my group that in our way polices opioid prescribing and boundary-setting in general (by prescribers).
I am good at it, and I would come across as kindly but draconian to most chronic pain patients.  For very good reasons.

There won't be backlash of significance against treatment of postoperative pain.   We have been changing our guidelines so that orthopedists don't sling #100 tablets at all their patients as SOP, post-op.  Many surgeons did this -- just wrote standard scripts so that whether  you'd had a very painful procedure or a fairly non-painful one, everyone got whatever your post-op script, arbitrarily, was.

There are data about how what the norm should be for post-op prescribing for most patients, for given procedures.    Implementing these data as norms will reduce how many pills are out in the community, by that outlet.

The main work is in reducing using opioids *at all* for chronic pain, for people who are not dying.   There should be very, very little role for opioids in the non-dying population, so we have a ways to go there.
But we're working on it.   It's a hard thing, for the people who got on a lot of opioids in the last 20+ years and now are being told that the doses need to come down.

I trust you and your profession. If I had chronic pain, however, and opioids would stop it, I would certainly want them (and probably demand them). Being addicted would be a big negative, but to me constant pain sounds like a MUCH bigger negative. I am not a big fan of pain.

An effective, non-addictive strong painkiller is a sort of holy grail, I suppose. Some pharmaceutical company will make a bundle when they develop one.

No doubt doctors were overprescribing in the recent past, and often in bad faith. We just need to find the proper balance.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2020, 09:47:42 PM »

I trust you and your profession. If I had chronic pain, however, and opioids would stop it, I would certainly want them (and probably demand them). Being addicted would be a big negative, but to me constant pain sounds like a MUCH bigger negative. I am not a big fan of pain.

An effective, non-addictive strong painkiller is a sort of holy grail, I suppose. Some pharmaceutical company will make a bundle when they develop one.

No doubt doctors were overprescribing in the recent past, and often in bad faith. We just need to find the proper balance.

The thing is, there isn't a study yet that shows that opioids for chronic nonmalignant pain are effective for long-term use.

None!

And then there's all the evidence for harm.

in a *very* select few patients chronic opioids seem to be helpful in supporting function.  For the majority of people on them, they're a detriment.

What makes it worse is that even in people who don't have opioid use disorder, there is such strong psychological dependency.   One particularly interesting study showed that patients on long-term opioids would accept *any* stated amount of increased risk (of death, accidental overdose and so on) to continue on their current regimens of meds.

*Any* amount of risk.

Which means that it's not an informed consent discussion.  Not like when you go for surgery, or take a blood pressure med, or what have you.   Because how can you give informed consent if the treatment causes dependency?

It's a real mess.
We're *very* far off of where we need to be, at least in the US. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2020, 11:01:15 PM »

Robert De Niro Issues Warning About The Person Donald Trump May Have Inspired   

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/robert-de-niro-donald-trump-election-loss-111924559.html 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2020, 02:04:43 PM »

if you 've ever had morphine or percoset. those are like $10  bottles of wine and oxy is like $100

I have a friend who is not hte type at all who got hooked and started getting subscriptions from other doctors to keep it going longer

you see headlines "the opioid crisis" this is how many people became a part of it
pacman000
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2020, 05:57:39 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/latino-voters-who-fled-dictatorships-fear-election-was-stolen-from-president-trump/ar-BB1b5Up2?ocid=msedgdhp

Latino voters who fled dictatorships fear election was stolen from President Trump
Romina Ruiz-Goiriena, USA TODAY  18 mins ago
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2020, 07:47:58 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/latino-voters-who-fled-dictatorships-fear-election-was-stolen-from-president-trump/ar-BB1b5Up2?ocid=msedgdhp

Latino voters who fled dictatorships fear election was stolen from President Trump

Wizard's First Rule:  People are stupid.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2020, 07:54:15 PM »

Wizard's First Rule:  People are stupid.

In their defense, they come from dictatorships where stealing elections is plausible, even SOP. Native-born Americans, however, have no excuse for believing the election was rigged.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The unasked question! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.