Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:06:48 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CREEPY CRAWLIES! Bugs/snakesrats/etc. phobias/encounters/anything. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CREEPY CRAWLIES! Bugs/snakesrats/etc. phobias/encounters/anything.  (Read 2122 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: November 12, 2020, 01:33:10 AM »

Bugs/bees/spiders/etc.  Do you hates 'em?  Have you had encounters in or around your home?  Are they an ongoing problem right now?  Come across some weird ones in your travels?  Or any pictures or videos you want to share of them, from you or other people dealing with them?  Or hell-- any b movies involving them (oh boy, are there lots of 'em!)?

Any bug that moves super fast that is within a foot of me that I notice for the first time I will recoil quickly, then find a way to squish it.  Just about anything used to freak me out as a kid, especially spiders or bees.

Nowadays apart from the initial recoil, I will not be too terrified of them anymore.  I hate wasps/hornets though.  Spray foam Raid is my best friend in these encounters.  I am not as afraid of ants but they really p**s me off.  Got an exterminator to eradicate them and for less than 100 bucks he did a hell of a job!  Wasp nests are fortunately not as much a problem as they used to be (my folks' house was the worst for bees-- plus, they lived next door to a beekeeper whose queens sometimes came next door... :(   )

For me, any creepy crawly that heads for cover when they hear you coming/yelling at them is kind of empowering.  The hunt is on, b*tches!

What encounters/stories/etc. do you have to share?  Or any creepy crawly movies you want to discuss/recommend?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
claws
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 02:01:33 AM »

I don't like insects except ants. I mean I don't love ants but I don't mind ants either.
A few nights ago a bright green grasshopper was hanging out on the wall next to my computer. I tried to get it to crawl on a piece of paper and then throw it out the window but that darn thing jumped when I got near it. Same thing next night but this time it jumped on my arm which freaked me out (wildly shaking my arm and almost screaming in disgust). Next night he was crawling inside an empty coffee cup so I captured it there and out the window it went. Gross.
I remember years ago camping in France and we sat there at night just talking. Suddenly this very big moth came flying and we thought it was a bird or bat because it was HUGE. My friend was swatting at it and then it was gone, or so we thought. A few minutes later the moth was crawling on my friend's shirt... with half its lower body missing. Apparently my friend ripped the moth in half in midair. Now it was crawling on his shirt with gooey stuff running out its ripped body. We all yelled simultaneously lol but yeah, it was nasty.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 02:45:51 AM »

I like insects. Ant's are my favorites.
Cockroaches- Ugh!
Flies! Eh!

"Flies? Who want's flies? Not when I can have a nice juicy spider!"

We get lotsa fruit flies around here in the fall, because Lawton is surrounded by grape vineyards.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:54:52 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 07:23:24 AM »

I don't have a fear of them, but I do not like Earwigs. Flies, wasps and crane flies also get squished, mostly because their buzzing annoys me or in the case of wasps, because they are vicious bastards.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 09:44:57 AM »

Spiders are things I do not see eye to eye with: especially the local rain spiders which are harmless but look like tarantulas.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
beat_truck
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 08:25:12 PM »

I don't like bugs, snakes, etc, but I am not especially afraid of them.  Heights are something I have a problem with.  We just bought a house with a second story porch / balcony, and I don't even especially like being up there and looking out.

I want to put up an antenna so we can get OTA TV and not have cable, but we are going to have to pay someone to do it.  The house is three stories high, and me putting it up, especially by myself, ain't gonna happen. Question

Watching Arachnophobia definitely makes me squirm a little bit, though.  Not the biggest fan of spiders, especially when they are one me. Buggedout 
pacman000
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 10:52:05 AM »

This week I was moving a firewood pile into our store, & I saw a ~4" gecko drop out of it, then hop back into it. We had to unstack the pile to try t find the little guy. We found 4 or 5 of 'em, one of which we weren't able to catch. Put the ones we found back outside.

I like lizards, & hope they survive the winter. It's not supposed to get that cold this year, so maybe they will.
pacman000
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 05:26:04 PM »

There's a ladybug on my keyboard right now...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 10:20:55 PM »

I like just about every animal there is, except for rats, fire ants, fleas, and head lice.
Spiders are cool, snakes are my friends, and lizards are cute!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 10:24:29 PM »

I'm a bit afraid of spiders, but I respect them and will not kill one. 

These ugly things cannot be SKUH-WASH quick enough : 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CREEPY CRAWLIES! Bugs/snakesrats/etc. phobias/encounters/anything. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.